Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bvinson

• Rick Childers

• dknahoolewa

JBullard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
JBullard wrote:
Try one of these. Uses ordinary bulbs. No need for the transparency step. About $50 at most craft stores.

did you forget a link?

I sure did, Jim. Thanks.

http://www.artograph.com/products/projector_tracer.htm

If you have a Michael's or Hobby Lobby nearby they have monthly (or close to it) 40% off one item coupon- you usually have ot join their email or snail mail list to get it. Check their websites too, every now and then they have them as download/print coupons.

• 3 months later...

Maybe I am thinking into this too much but I would imagine Coro flying all over the yard in just about every breeze. Especially for some of the larger sizes. For those of you using these how are you keeping them from blowing or bending in the wind?

• 2 months later...

johnm160 wrote:

Maybe I am thinking into this too much but I would imagine Coro flying all over the yard in just about every breeze. Especially for some of the larger sizes. For those of you using these how are you keeping them from blowing or bending in the wind?

Actually you want the coro to bend. Think about trees - trees are fairly strong but how they really withstand high winds is by bending and giving into the wind. So, a number of our products, such as the CoroTree are designed to bend.

johnm160 wrote:

I have not had any issues with the corotrees I got from Holiday coro.

Ask your local farmers for old seed signs.. Just use the side that isn't printed on?

As someone who decided to make a 3 channel Coro Star of Bethlehem last year, I strongly recommend buying. Measuring spacing and drilling took what seemed like an eternity. It turned out great, but it was way more trouble than it was worth. I'll definitely buy next time...

LORi P wrote:

As someone who decided to make a 3 channel Coro Star of Bethlehem last year, I strongly recommend buying. Measuring spacing and drilling took what seemed like an eternity. It turned out great, but it was way more trouble than it was worth. I'll definitely buy next time...

At HolidayCoro.com we try to make our coro items priced as reasonable as possible and as you mentioned - having someone make 5, 10, 15 protoypes and work out the kinks first and then produce them on a computer controlled CNC machine does add value to what seems like just cutting and poking holes in coro.

Thanks,
David