Light-O-Rama Forums

Rainbow Flood -EXTREME Final Sale

Ponddude

Not necessarily true. If you go from LOR adapter to LOR adapter, it doesn't matter. However, to avoid confusion you may want to keep all your adapters the same. I will say this...if you go from your DMX dongle (whatever it is) to an LOR controller, you will have to use the LOR adapter or make a cross over cable. If you go from a dongle to any of our DMX devices with the LOR adapter it will not work...you will need a crossover cable.

If you are not running your LOR controllers on DMX this is a mute point.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• rstately

• Santas Helper

• JBullard

Thanks Greg, I think I understand now, I'm not running the servodog or dio32 card on DMX, only your flood and maybe fog machine.
So I'll just use your adapters so I wont get confused...:)

I received mine in two days and finished assembling it last night. I tested it this morning and it works great. Tonight, I will take it and the rainbow floods that I built last year outside and compare them side by side.

I just want to remind everyone that the final sale of the year ends tomorrow (Monday 10/17) at 8pm EST. This is the absolute last sale of 2011 and is also the only time you will be able to get the Rainbow Flood Extreme at their introductary prices.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions on anything.

Greg

I wasn't thinking of doing DMX....to late for Halloween but plenty of time for Christmas.

I would get the Open DMX USB Interface and I would need the cabling adapters like the DMX-5XF-CAT5 5-Pin XLR Female & male to RJ45 Adapter

And I have until 8PM Monday to order 2-Floods and 1-DMX Blender to get the sale price.

anything else?

I am not sure what the DMX-5XF is?

You need the Enttec, XLR to RJ45 adapter (5 pin on the Enttec) cat-5 cabling, a 12 volt transformer, a Blender, the lights and whatever cabling you need to connect between them. There are various lengths for connections so that will be your decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say "thanks" to Greg. I ordered 4 extremes back during the sale. They were DIY kits. Finally got around to building my first one tonight. Also built the blender kit also from Greg. Hooked up my brand new entec pro and presto, have the first one working with zero issues!!!

Can't wait to build the other 3 this week. These things are too sexy to only use for Christmas, will have to find some uses out under the tiki by the pool for the summer.

Glad you like them!! Simple and easy to build and through a lot of light.

Make sure you take pictures and videos for our contest!

wooohoooo! did #2 tonight, only took half the time, and that was WITH helping my son do his homework!! tested 100%!! Two to go, and then outside they go!!