Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP- DIY Kit built... now what

randallfoster

Ok. Happy to say I had an electrician buddy of mine take a look at my solders and touch up a few... Plugged it in and it immediately found the unit... Think I am ready to run some tests on output and finally get this thing put together. Thanks so much to all of you for your help.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• randallfoster

• CaptainCook

• Max-Paul

• james campbell

DonFL wrote:

Post 20...plenty of personal experience...amazing how many things you gloss over after the 87th check on a board, and you are convinced everything is just fine.

Too bad you didn't suggest it on post 7 though...would have saved a lot of additional posting after that! :)

Holy cow guys! I finally fully assembled the controller, tested it thoroughly and even plugged some lights in... IT WORKS!

Thanks so much again... I am really glad I built my first controller- however I may buy them premade from now on just to save the headache.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

DonFL wrote:
Post 20...plenty of personal experience...amazing how many things you gloss over after the 87th check on a board, and you are convinced everything is just fine.

Too bad you didn't suggest it on post 7 though...would have saved a lot of additional posting after that! :P

I'll try to do better next time...:(:(:(;):P:P

Actually Don, you and a couple others of us did keep asking about the solder joints (posts 10, 14, 19, ..) once the basic PC/LOR hookup was verified. We all know how hard cold solder joints are to recognize until a person gets a bit of experience under their belt and knows what to look for. This was Randall's first PC board and I think he did good to only have one or two bad connections.

The neat part was to help indoctrinate another mere mortal into our crazy, addictive habit. Did you catch how happy he was once lights were a'flashing?

randallfoster wrote:

Holy cow guys! I finally fully assembled the controller, tested it thoroughly and even plugged some lights in... IT WORKS!

Thanks so much again... I am really glad I built my first controller- however I may buy them premade from now on just to save the headache.

I remember my first time,just like it was a couple months ago,,,,,,,oh ya it was:)