Light-O-Rama Forums

other hobbies

james campbell

My wife and I do a large Halloween display, mostly prop-based. Between that and LOR, it eats up a 4 months of the year. Otherwise, we play ice hockey together and fly fish.

These are the majority of our hobbies...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james campbell

• Jim Saul

• scubado

• dslowik

I am the Chief Engineer(and do-it-all) of the Mt.MacKay Scenic Railway. (a garden scale railroad in my front yard, soon to be expanded to the backyard) I'm planing to run the trains along with the Xmas display.
I also spend time on ornamental turning with a Rose Engine. Easier for you to Google it than for me to explain.

Caleb and JLDavis - Geocaching in California; there's several wineries that have GPS coordinates printed on the corks of their wine bottles so that when you get there and show your cork, you get several more bottles of wine from the very pretty wine country in the Napa Valley of California. For those that can spend the gas money, of course.

In my second garage behind mini trees, arches, disassembled mega trees and tubs of lights I have two '69 Camaros and some golf clubs.

I like to see that alot of us have similar interest. we used to do fireworks and I have a 1978 Monte Carlo that My dad showed for about ten years for folks around here it was in the cavalcade of customs two years took first in class one year and second the next , even did a little model railroading

I geocache. I do magic shows. Sideline job of pyrotechnician (da big shows like New Years at the Rose Bowl, etc.). And scuba dive.

magish01 wrote:

I geocache.  I do magic shows.  Sideline job of pyrotechnician (da big shows like New Years at the Rose Bowl, etc.).  And scuba dive.

You got time to Dive?! Ever since a couple years ago when I became a homeowner and got into LOR, diving has been nearly gone away for me. All my previous hobbies have combined into this hobby.

I used to have a 450 gallon freshwater tank that I built that I could Scuba in and play with my fish. I might be going done that road again someday. I do miss having big fish.

jldavis1969 wrote:

Send the travel Bug to me and Ill deploy it here in utah!!!!
Yes I geocache too!!!

I've got one of my own that I deployed that has done about 7000 miles and is currently in Texas right between us. Hopefully it will travel to California next. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2989736

SoCalJimH wrote:

I am the Chief Engineer(and do-it-all) of the Mt.MacKay Scenic Railway. (a garden scale railroad in my front yard, soon to be expanded to the backyard) I'm planing to run the trains along with the Xmas display.
I also spend time on ornamental turning with a Rose Engine. Easier for you to Google it than for me to explain.

I am also an avid garden railroader.

Yeah, maybe the lights have gone to my head....Last time I went night diving, I started hanging cylume lights on the reef and humming into my regulator.

magish01 wrote:

Yeah, maybe the lights have gone to my head....Last time I went night diving, I started hanging cylume lights on the reef and humming into my regulator.

what song where you humming

im a retired high performance diesel mechanic i have m/s i now work for lowes home improvement as an f.s.a.(mr fix it)i enjoy fixing what the other employees break best hobby i know.