Light-O-Rama Forums

other hobbies

james campbell

I just thought it may be nice to see or hear about your other interest. This is one that my son and I got back into recently.This is a video of a gas powered rc truck call the t-maxx.I say gas loosely because it is methanol and 20 percent nitro methane. only 25 bucks a gallon that little pause after the truck accelerates is it hitting second gear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james campbell

• Jim Saul

• scubado

• dslowik

Looks like fun, wish I had one as a kid
james campbell wrote:

I just thought it may be nice to see or hear about your other interest. This is one that my son and I got back into recently.This is a video of a gas powered rc truck call the t-maxx.I say gas loosely because it is methanol and 20 percent nitro methane. only 25 bucks a gallon that little pause after the truck accelerates is it hitting second gear

Tried Geocache twice. One was hidden where it should not have been. the person that put it there must have worked for the city to get in.
The other was must not have been returned, cuz I looked for over an hour and didn't find it.
Kinda lost interest after that. Though I still have my GPS. So maybe when my son is older, it'll be something we can do together.

Caleb Linburg wrote:

I geocache.

I do that with with my son, but I haven't been doing it as much the past few months. That reminds me I've got a travel bug I need to deploy somewhere.

I fly rc airplanes.. Mainly sailplanes, but i also fly scale electric airplanes as well. Plus i have a saltwater fish tank. I also like to remodel the house. I also get a kick out of building things..

I used to be an avid scuba diver until I got into this hobby. I enjoy doing a wide variety of projects/fabricating. I've also been doing a lot of grilling this summer. I bought a new charcoal grill a couple months ago and absolutely love it. I also do gardening.

i build hotrods the picture is my truck a 54 ford f100 500 hourse i do shows in the summer we have 5 more custom street rods we built 1976 fire bird 1941 ford coupe 1987 442 olds 1974 nova

I also love to remodel the house and build things. I have built major additions to our house twice, and am getting ready to add to our bedroom next spring.

Fireworks- big displays for July 4th that rival what we do for Christmas lights. Unfortunately we have a bit of a drought going on here in Texas so there's two pallets full of pyro stored for next year!

rmjohn99 wrote:

Fireworks- big displays for July 4th that rival what we do for Christmas lights. Unfortunately we have a bit of a drought going on here in Texas so there's two pallets full of pyro stored for next year!

We don't have drought up here...

james morris wrote:

i build hotrods the picture is my truck a 54 ford f100 500 hourse i do shows in the summer we have 5 more custom street rods we built 1976 fire bird 1941 ford coupe 1987 442 olds 1974 nova

Do ya have some pics of the 41??? I'd love to see that one!!!

I was building/restoring a 1978 corvette (25th Anniversary) until I caught this LOR bug... and as ya'll know, THERE IS NO CURE!!! Now I don't have time for anything!!! :D:):D

RC airplanes when i can find the time. I travel a lot for work which can really suck sometimes. Got stuck in CLT Friday and couldnt get home until saturday afternoon

dslowik wrote:

Caleb Linburg wrote:
I geocache.

I do that with with my son, but I haven't been doing it as much the past few months.  That reminds me I've got a travel bug I need to deploy somewhere.

Send the travel Bug to me and Ill deploy it here in utah!!!!
Yes I geocache too!!!