Light-O-Rama Forums

Wondering if the store reopen for controller orders

jerry curtis

Does anyone know if or when the lightorama store will reopen for controller orders? It looks like they are selling what is in stock but not taking additional orders.

Sort of has that liquidation/bankruptcy feeling since last year’s sales was in July.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ Hvasta

• rwertz

• Max-Paul

• yoccm1

jerry curtis wrote:

Does anyone know if or when the lightorama store will reopen for controller orders? It looks like they are selling what is in stock but not taking additional orders.

Sort of has that liquidation/bankruptcy feeling since last year’s sales was in July.

I doubt that 'liquidation/bankruptcy" is what is going on, but there is certainly something 'strange/different' going on this year. That has the natives restless.:shock:

Jeff Millard wrote:

jerry curtis wrote:

OK, that other post I added a +1 to for post of the week... I withdraw my vote and submit this as my choice for funniest post of the week! :):D:D And, it's a first post at that! Very funny!

Jeff

It was a little funny---but then again, not so funny! I think I'm going to cry if I don't get my controllers soon!

I think we all have smelled something but either didn't want to believe it or just did want to say it. I sure hope this is not true. OMG, what would we do with out our addictive elixir!

Im with Jeff on this one. I think it is just what has happened in the world any more "Best laid plans of mice and men". Deadlines are not met anymore and thus, even though you try to bring a product out on a given date. It will always be slipped back a few weeks or months or quarters. I believe that Dan a crew bit off more than they could chew and so everything is falling back on delivery date that they originally planned for. Course this is got to be hurting their cash flow too.

I doubt this is some horrible omen of the state of the LOR company. My guess is it is the result of JIT manufacturing (Just-in-Time). If everything goes well you avoid tying up a lot of capital in inventory. If something goes wrong, you struggle to meet delivery schedules. I've seen both results at the company I work for.

If you look at how Dan runs the company, especially with the great Customer Service I doubt its anything to do with a bankrupcy. I think it has more to do inventory not being in.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
Im with Jeff on this one.

Oh my gosh, what have I done?!?

Jeff
Now dont get all willy nilly. I said "on this ONE". Cant say the same for the next ONE. :dude:

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any updates on controllers being back in stock. I have the Halloween display all planned out but missing the controller. Whats the chances of the controller being back in stock and being delivered by Halloween?

Thanks

I believe that we might be waiting on the supplier of the new G3 boards. Perhaps the sale will change tomorrow night. I don't think that you are going to find anyone that can do anything but speculate :)

TJ Hvasta wrote:

If you PM Dan, ask if he can still do either the sale price on kits, or waive shipping cost.. with the state of things, he might surprise you..

Ohio? California?