Great idea for the glossary. Here are some suggested add-ons:

mini-director
Kill-a-watt
Part 15
z-tree
spiral tree (see Weber tree)
Bellagio poles/ Firesticks
Carson (Williams)
the various forums' abbreviations: PC; HU; CC, etc.
The common vendors' abbreviations (or owner name used when referring to their company): CDI (Paul); CLS (Darryl); Dan, Travis, etc.
Light Keeper Pro
WIW (TSO)
Audacity

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrownOut

• rstately

• Ron Amedee

• james campbell

BrownOut wrote:

I remember them showing us this video in elementary school:

In elementary school we didn't even have such a thing as a "video." Anything we watched was a 35mm film, shown on a projector with bad sound and the click, click, click throughout the entire movie. Thank goodness for technology today!

CKSedg wrote:

Anything we watched was a 35mm film, shown on a projector with bad sound and the click, click, click throughout the entire movie.

ahhh...the good ole days...

and I was the nerdy kid who always got to load the film and run the projector....

jimswinder wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
Anything we watched was a 35mm film, shown on a projector with bad sound and the click, click, click throughout the entire movie.

and I was the nerdy kid who always got to load the film and run the projector....

And I got to run the MIMEOGRAPH machine in Junior High School. No such things as a copier back then. But that started my career in printing, which I have pursued for over 40 years now.

jimswinder wrote:

And tell us what happens when the film is not attached to the take up reel correctly.

BrownOut wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

And tell us what happens when the film is not attached to the take up reel correctly.

Kinda reminds you of a certain weber tree when it is all piled on the floor...:):D

DonFL wrote:

BrownOut wrote:

Kinda reminds you of a certain weber tree when it is all piled on the floor...:):D

lol...yes it does...yes it does...

CKSedg wrote:

In elementary school we didn't even have such a thing as a "video." Anything we watched was a 35mm film, shown on a projector with bad sound and the click, click, click throughout the entire movie. Thank goodness for technology today!

You must have gone to a "rich" school. We only had 16mm films

JBullard wrote:

CKSedg wrote:

You must have gone to a "rich" school. We only had 16mm films

mimeograph....'nough said.

MikeeH

CKSedg wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
I remember them showing us this video in elementary school:

I remember something like that in history class..... :shock:

MikeH wrote:

JBullard wrote:
CKSedg wrote:

In elementary school we didn't even have such a thing as a "video."  Anything we watched was a 35mm film, shown on a projector with bad sound and the click, click, click throughout the entire movie.  Thank goodness for technology today!

You must have gone to a "rich" school.   We only had 16mm films

mimeograph....'nough said.

MikeeH

mimeograph? is that what they use to check for breast cancer?:)

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:
and don't forget...LAME

What, are you wanting a photo directory or something?
attachment.php?id=13154

;):P:P
This guy looks familiar . . . .

Attached files 252755=13765-beaker.jpg