Light-O-Rama Forums

Where do you buy your extension cords?

dcarter4

By the way, from one DCarter to another...Learn to make your cords from spt wire. Plenty of it!
Donny

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Surfing4Dough

• rescue_653

• Donny M. Carter

• rgardner518

rescue_653 wrote:

I'm following suite now that I've said my peace and going to relase this thread from being a hostage anymore. That being said I did see a comment that http://foleyfamilychristmas.com/wlc-ventures-the-store-page/2010-vampire-plug-co-op/ still has some extra wire that is not sold. I think $125 is a heck of a deal for 1000' of SPT2

Yup ... They do... I just ordered some from them on Sunday .... Hope it comes soon!

evandewindt wrote:

rescue_653 wrote:
I'm following suite now that I've said my peace and going to relase this thread from being a hostage anymore. That being said I did see a comment that http://foleyfamilychristmas.com/wlc-ventures-the-store-page/2010-vampire-plug-co-op/ still has some extra wire that is not sold. I think $125 is a heck of a deal for 1000' of SPT2

Yup ... They do... I just ordered some from them on Sunday .... Hope it comes soon!

From looking at the main site it appears all the items are made and ready for shippment from China now so we should see them before to long.

This all seems pretty simple to me. All Yankee has to do is acknowledge on his page, all the websites that he took the pictures from.
ie....
"Special thanks to yadda, yadda.com for allowing me to use their pictures."

It's obvious that he copied the pictures, why he won't admit it, who knows. Pretty sad actually. But to then copyright them as his own.....Not sad, more like pathetic.

Can we get back to the Thread now?

I pick up extension cords about every other time I'm in Walmart.

My only issue will be finding some way to support them from the roof.

David Rise wrote:

I pick up extension cords about every other time I'm in Walmart.

My only issue will be finding some way to support them from the roof.

I'm also making cords from SPT2 that I picked up from HD.

Steven wrote:

Orville wrote:

Which version do you prefer, the gloss or the matte?

I have always used the matte finish because it's a dull finish like the cord and doesn't reflect the light, like I would think a gloss covering would.

I would think if using the gloss, that would definitely create a reflection from the lights when they're on, showing all those cords lying about the ground. And I didn't want my "extension" cords "outshining" the display!:)

wbottomley wrote:

Use a dull flat finish.

Remember, people don't steal ugly things 99% of the time.

I wondered why all the mountain folk have an ugly wife and primer grey rust truck. I get it now.

BrownOut wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
Use a dull flat finish.

I wondered why all the mountain folk have an ugly wife and primer grey rust truck. I get it now.

You should listen to a song called: "Never make a pretty woman your wife" by Barnes and Barnes. Funny song, explains it well. LOL

And to remain on "extension cords", I still get mine at Wal-Mart, 6' cords for around .96¢-.98¢ each. Come in either brown or white. Although I try to avoid the white ones whenever possible, but will use them in areas that are not highly visible locations for obvious reasons.

BrownOut wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
Use a dull flat finish.

Attached files 254832=13962-images.jpeg

Orville wrote:

You should listen to a song called: "Never make a pretty woman your wife" by Barnes and Barnes. Funny song, explains it well. LOL

You're probably thinking of "If You Want to be Happy" by Jimmy Soul:

Steven wrote:

Orville wrote:

You're probably thinking of "If You Want to be Happy" by Jimmy Soul:

Interesting, same song, but I bought this on a "cassette" tape that was by "Barnes & Barnes", looked at the Wikepedia and the song is not listed there under Barnes and Barnes, but it is labeled on the old Cassette and titled "Never Make a Pretty Woman Your Wife". I forget the Cassette's title cover, but know it had big bold Barnes and Barnes on the original cover.

When did Jimmy Soul do this song?

I bought this tape back in, or around 1978-1980 time frame. And is why I had said it was from Barnes and Barnes, since that's the only artist name listed on the cassette tape itself. First time I ever heard the song was on the old Dr. Demento radio show, who also stated it was by Barnes and Barnes.

So now I'm wondering who really did it first?

I think the Barnes and Barnes lyrics might be slightly different in some areas. Haven't listened to the song in quite some time, so can't be too sure on the lyrics. But sounds pretty much the same.

• 2 months later...