Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Robin Tale of Woe

George Simmons

I reviewed my last post and when I did I realized that it did can certainly be interpreted differently than the way I intended it to be so I will try to make it clearer.

I do not believe that Robin in any way tried to snooker/cheat/mislead anyone with the description of the controllers he sold. In the one case, that I am aware of where the person who made a purchase was unhappy, Robin offered to provide a full refund. I doubt there were any others unhappy with their purchases or we would have heard about it.

In this world it certainly is buyer beware but if you are unhappy with a purchase and the seller agrees to full refund then I do not see much of an issue.

I said in my last post that "I believe that BearNTrish has the right to warn people to be careful because at least with the controllers he received from Robin the power cords could not handle 20 amps"... This is the sentence that did not come out the way I wanted it to. It is reasonable to warn people to check the power cords (and lots of other things) on controllers that they purchase to make sure they are set to handle the load you plan to use. However I do not believe that there was a need to warn people about Robin.

------------

A total aside (but somewhat related) and this is not directed at anyone in particular. I try my best to keep this place as open as possible. I don't mind people joking around and having fun with stuff that goes totally off topic... I have two main issues... First is when someone comes in and posts something and is then attacked because others do not agree and the other thing is when people just come in with a bad attitude and just start ranting.

I could just pull the plug on every thread that I do not agree with but I know that I am not perfect and because I do not like something does not make it wrong. I do close down threads but that is totally rare. In the many years and thousands of threads only a handful have been messed with.

The best thing is for people not to allow themselves to be sucked into rants, not start rants, and come here to help people out have jokes, if a joker sucks you in don't get pissed but get even. Don't gang up on a guy because he is a jerk or a bully, ignore and if that does not work let us know.

It would be so great if we could all act the way we feel when we turn the lights on at Christmas.

Dan

Best Regards,
Dan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• evan.a

• james campbell

• LightORamaDan