Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Robin Tale of Woe

George Simmons

Hey Bear - If it makes you feel any better Robin really screwed himself on something I bought from him, so maybe that helps balance things out.

A couple weeks ago I bought a bunch of strobes from Robin. They all arrived with the proper wiring and every one of them works as advertised. (Of course I plugged them all in - if you think I'm going to take a Floridian's word for something...) But that's not the problem. The problem is the damn fool undercharged me for the shipping! Undercharged, despite what his advertisement led me to believe.

And to make matters worse, he's chosen not to contact me and demand the difference! Can you believe that???? I've had those strobes for over a week now and he's yet to demand I settle up with him. I've bought a lot of stuff from people in my life and can't think of a single other time that I've ever been treated this way. I wouldn't blame him if he never sold me another thing!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• evan.a

• james campbell

• LightORamaDan

George Simmons wrote:

Hey Bear - If it makes you feel any better Robin really screwed himself on something I bought from him, so maybe that helps balance things out.

A couple weeks ago I bought a bunch of strobes from Robin. They all arrived with the proper wiring and every one of them works as advertised. (Of course I plugged them all in - if you think I'm going to take a Floridian's word for something...) But that's not the problem. The problem is the damn fool undercharged me for the shipping! Undercharged, despite what his advertisement led me to believe.

And to make matters worse, he's chosen not to contact me and demand the difference! Can you believe that???? I've had those strobes for over a week now and he's yet to demand I settle up with him. I've bought a lot of stuff from people in my life and can't think of a single other time that I've ever been treated this way. I wouldn't blame him if he never sold me another thing!

gee thanks George now I know where all the strobes went:( sorry about the issue with shipping

ditto, I tried to get in on those strobes as well. Getting a deal on the shipping is just rubbing my nose in it.

MikeH wrote:

it only took 1 minute to close the B&R tale thread. that must be a record.

I've already passed along my congrats to Jim. Hail the King!

Guest wbottomley

I read the other thread before it was closed and moved into the darkness of most of the members.

Robin, you are the most trustworthy person any person can know. Whatever you send, I'm happy with. If that person didn't like the controllers, sell the damn things and buy new ones. And... a little secret, they're rated for 15 amps with a max capacity of 20 amps too.

As my saying goes... you can teach ignorant people but not the stupid. I know where that person goes.

As far as the controllers go, I can't wait to get my hands on them. That was one heck of a deal you were offering.

If I need to open all cannons, I can without any problem. Plus, several others will back me 100%.

EDIT: add

wbottomley wrote:

I read the other thread before it was closed and moved into the darkness of most of the members.

As far as the controllers go, I can't wait to get my hands on them. That was one heck of a deal you were offering.

If I need to open all cannons, I can without any problem. Plus, several others will back me 100%.

Agreed, Robin could have sold those 16D's for alot more. and to know how well he treats his stuff is another reason he should have. were are all in this hobby for one reason, and i cant believe what those emails contained. I can say that most of the 16d controllers that i have seen advertised for sale as 20 amp controllers have never had factory cords attached to them. most people I know, now how to recognize that that is the max capacity of the board not the cords!

wbottomley wrote:

Robin, you are the most trustworthy person any person can know. Whatever you send, I'm happy with. If that person didn't like the controllers, sell the damn things and buy new ones. And... a little secret, they're rated for 15 amps with a max capacity of 20 amps too.

As my saying goes... you can teach ignorant people but not the stupid. I know where that person goes.

any chance anyone copied it?

Guest wbottomley

evan.a wrote:

wbottomley wrote:

any chance anyone copied it?

Let me see if I can save it from my phone.

George Simmons wrote:

MikeH wrote:
it only took 1 minute to close the B&R tale thread. that must be a record.

I've already passed along my congrats to Jim.  Hail the King!

catching up now.

Hey - glad to see the thread is back from its time-out. I've heard of people getting put in time out on another forum (which this one seems to be getting more and more alike every day - too bad) but I've never heard of a THREAD being put in time-out before. I don't know whether to be annoyed or flattered, but I think that maybe someone is getting too big for their Admin britches around here...

this forum is to help people with their displays,I have only recieved positive and helpful advice from everyone( except for william):D This is not the place for an all out rant publiciy.I would still buy something from Robin now more because if George trust him thats good enough for me.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Lotsa Love in this here Forum! ...cept'n when you mess with Santa Clause! :D

Jeff

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

james campbell wrote:

this forum is to help people with their displays,I have only recieved positive and helpful advice from everyone( except for william):D This is not the place for an all out rant publiciy.I would still buy something from Robin now more because if George trust him thats good enough for me.

a lot of members are here to help, and have fun. that is the key. yeah sometime someone makes a mistake in a negiative posting. but we do have and make friend on the forum.
I stand behind Robin. he will step up for anyone who needs help. But he has been very busy. and doesn't have time to visit or post on this forum.
So if someone has a problem with my friend, Robin. bring it on me. I do have time.

Guest wbottomley

evan.a wrote:

james campbell wrote:
this forum is to help people with their displays,I have only recieved positive and helpful advice from everyone( except for william):D This is not the place for an all out rant publiciy.I would still buy something from Robin now more because if George trust him thats good enough for me.

a lot of members are here to help, and have fun. that is the key. yeah sometime someone makes a mistake in a negiative posting. but we do have and make friend on the forum.
I stand behind Robin. he will step up for anyone who needs help. But he has been very busy. and doesn't have time to visit or post on this forum.
So if someone has a problem with my friend, Robin. bring it on me. I do have time.

And Evan.. when one of us in the group (you know who you are) have a problem, then the rest of us have one too.:D

james campbell wrote:

I would still buy something from Robin now more because if George trust him thats good enough for me.

Thanks - I appreciate that. In the three+ years I've been hanging around here I've learned a few things about Robin. Yes, it's true that underneath that gruff exterior is an equally gruff INTERIOR, but his word and his credibility, in my mind anyway, is unquestionable.

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

james campbell wrote:
I would still buy something from Robin now more because if George trust him thats good enough for me.

Thanks - I appreciate that.  In the three+ years I've been hanging around here I've learned a few things about Robin.  Yes, it's true that underneath that gruff exterior is an equally gruff INTERIOR, but his word and his credibility, in my mind anyway, is unquestionable.  

You got that right George.

wbottomley wrote:

... when one of us in the group...

You wouldn't be referring to the "Elites" now would you? :shock::shock::shock:

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
... when one of us in the group...

You wouldn't be referring to the "Elites" now would you? :shock::shock::shock:

Humm.... that's a possibility. :D