Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Robin Tale of Woe

George Simmons

Guest wbottomley

evan.a wrote:

william only pretends to like me, for more of my sequences.

You should like me for suggesting a free controller. :D

By the way.... where are my new 100 sequences you promised, lmao.:D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• evan.a

• james campbell

• LightORamaDan

George Simmons wrote:

Hey - glad to see the thread is back from its time-out. I've heard of people getting put in time out on another forum (which this one seems to be getting more and more alike every day - too bad) but I've never heard of a THREAD being put in time-out before. I don't know whether to be annoyed or flattered, but I think that maybe someone is getting too big for their Admin britches around here...

Gee, I wonder which admin THAT could be?

Frank Picozzi wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Hey - glad to see the thread is back from its time-out. I've heard of people getting put in time out on another forum (which this one seems to be getting more and more alike every day - too bad) but I've never heard of a THREAD being put in time-out before. I don't know whether to be annoyed or flattered, but I think that maybe someone is getting too big for their Admin britches around here...

Gee, I wonder which admin THAT could be?

I don't know much about this, but I thought you guys said he was retiring after the Expo?

Frank - I showed Sharon your ladder picture. She agreed that it's better that we didn't see that before our trip out East. But she said your cheeks are nicely shaped, just the same. Thought you'd want to know...

George Simmons wrote:

Frank - I showed Sharon your ladder picture. She agreed that it's better that we didn't see that before our trip out East. But she said your cheeks are nicely shaped, just the same. Thought you'd want to know...

George, if I ever find out who those cheeks belong to, I'll pass on the compliment

Frank Picozzi wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

George, if I ever find out who those cheeks belong to, I'll pass on the compliment

LOL I was tempted to put up of a pic of some saggy cheeks.. buttttttt Ill be good.. One bad pic is enough for every ones enjoyment

George Simmons wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
... when one of us in the group...

You wouldn't be referring to the "Elites" now would you? :shock::shock::shock:

George, having met you and I have been around Robin on a few occasions, I know you two would have really hit it off.

Got in to this kinda late, must have missed a few posts or threads, but did get to see the emails that the guy sent Robin .

Is jerk a good word?

JBullard wrote:

George, having met you and I have been around Robin on a few occasions, I know you two would have really hit it off.

Got in to this kinda late, must have missed a few posts or threads, but did get to see the emails that the guy sent Robin .

Is jerk a good word?

Last I heard Robin was an honest, short-tempered, opinionated Tea Party conservative? What would he and I possibly have in common... Who knows - Sharon wants to go to FLA one day - maybe our paths will cross.

We all understand the frustration of feeling like you're being jerked around. No matter whether it's real or imagined it still feels the same way. Nevertheless, I do believe your word might just apply in this situation.

wbottomley wrote:

I read the other thread before it was closed and moved into the darkness of most of the members.

Robin, you are the most trustworthy person any person can know. Whatever you send, I'm happy with. If that person didn't like the controllers, sell the damn things and buy new ones. And... a little secret, they're rated for 15 amps with a max capacity of 20 amps too.

As my saying goes... you can teach ignorant people but not the stupid. I know where that person goes.

As far as the controllers go, I can't wait to get my hands on them. That was one heck of a deal you were offering.

If I need to open all cannons, I can without any problem. Plus, several others will back me 100%.

EDIT: add

I for one have had nothing but a pleasurable experience with Robin, I recieved 2 controllers very quickly and they are in great shape and the way most of mine look like with the SPT cords and plugs. Even on the last sale of the lights he has he was quick to let me know he didnt have what I needed available so you couldnt ask for better communications when dealing with him as long as your not wasting his time.

And to set the record straight William I will stand right behind you I've got the fuses for the cannons.

Crap!!! Go to bed early and miss all the good stuff! I have never met Robin, but I did get a few emails from him about some lights that I wanted. He was very kind and honest as far as I could tell. The only problem I had was I was doing a tile job in Cape Coral and the men in green decided that they needed some of my profits for Lee county, hence, my purchase of lights took second place to them. Robin answered all emails very fast and gave complete details on when and where to meet with him. If I can I will buy from him in the near future. Too bad I missed the B&R thread.

I don't know the specifics of who the individual was who has issue with Robin, nor do I care.

The price he was selling the 16D blue version controllers for, enclosed in a weather proof box was outstanding, even if no electrical cords were included (which they were)! Perhaps the person complaining should have asked some questions before making the purchase...

If that person really wants cords that are thicker (due to more insulation, not necessarily a larger wire gauge), then I think he/she should either purchase a new complete boxed controller during the LOR sale, or given the price he/she saved by purchasing from Robin, order the cord sets LOR sells and install them himself.

Geesh!

Come to think of it...the arches I bought from Robin were only 6 segment, and I was hoping for 7...I can't believe he didn't know that, and address the issue in advance.

And I paid a whopping 2 bucks/arch for those..thats 12 whole dollars I spent.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the emails, or the post re the issue, but it does sound like it is the kind of person who you want to encourage to find another hobby...

Ok, I am old and slow (have the AARP card to prove it). Saw the original thread and the only issue I had was one board member bashing another, is there something I am missing.

caniac wrote:

Ok, I am old and slow (have the AARP card to prove it). Saw the original thread and the only issue I had was one board member bashing another, is there something I am missing.

you have been away a few days haven't seen a post from you,,,, yes some people need to rant in public,but can't take the heat when a fix is issued to them

Guest Don Gillespie

Jeff Millard wrote:

Now that right there, is a gosh darn good idea!

Jeff

Millard you should recieve a prize for the best avatars every other day I kill myself from laughing so hard, however this latest avatar is one of your classics keep them coming buddy :P

OMG it is freaky seeing so many of me! Make it go away!

Actually, thanks guys but we have beat that dead horse enough. George the way strobes are they can work today and not work tomorrow.

My daughter helped me with the strobes but I had to do all the controllers myself. Real pain.

Anyway, thanks for the love and now I need to change my signature.

I agree that we no longer need to beat the dead horse. It is apparent to me that Robin advertized 20 amp controllers in enclosures and wired. BearNTrish expected the controllers to be wired to handle 20 amps per side.

The controllers did have cards that could handle 20 amps per side BUT were not wired to do so. One controller had 14awg power feeds (about 15 amps per side) and the other had 16awg power feeds (about 13 amps per side).

Condensed version:

Robin offered to take the controllers back.

I believe that the advertizment could have been worded better but I do not believe that Robin intentionally tried to snucker anyone. It is fairly common to describe the CTB16D as 20 amps per side but the wording in the advertizement could and did lead some people to believe that the controllers were wired to handle 20 amps.

I believe that BearNTrish has the right to warn people to be careful because at least with the controllers he received from Robin the power cords could not handle 20 amps.

What I would like to see is that people in this forum try to keep form getting overly emotional about such things. Being a basicly calm person I do not know exactly why people get so emotional but I see it happen every day from riots after ball games to things on this forum.

Thank You... Dan