Light-O-Rama Forums

ccb channel count

Donny M. Carter

Thanks Bobo

I noticed the stick people stuff today myself... maybe we should have a southern light "EPIC" or something..You are invited !!!It would be fun to see you down south.

Gotta flag and everything for you. Come on down you are welcome !!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donny M. Carter

• jimswinder

• cmoore60

• ItsMeBobO

cmoore60 wrote:

Hey Jim,

If you are simply wanting the CCB to chase from one end to the power supply and then on to the end of the second string. The macros will be able to be configured to do that.

No...my issue is that mt CCB's are/were going to be up in the air...from the top of my mini trees to the top of my Weber tree...which is 22' tall and on TOP of my two story house.

So the controllers will have to be in the middle of my 60' "Streamers" (see pic below) since it now appears, (according to LORJohn in his post below yours), that no extension cord over 5' will be usable.

**sigh**

Attached files 251475=13674-Christmas House.jpg

LightORamaJohn wrote:

The CCB uses a different controller IC than the CCR. The data rate to the bulbs is 1MHz. I was not able to run more than 5 or 6 feet to the first bulb before the data was garbled. An extension cord would have to be active, meaning it would need a retransmission buffer IC. We will limit the controller to first bulb to around three feet to guarranty that it works properly.

John is this also the case when using the end to end option?
The CCR config lets you set end to end count and logically changes the pixel size. Extending the dc power only to the second 50 is not a problem is it?

jimswinder wrote:

No...my issue is that mt CCB's are/were going to be up in the air...from the top of my mini trees to the top of my Weber tree...which is 22' tall and on TOP of my two story house.

So the controllers will have to be in the middle of my 60' "Streamers" (see pic below) since it now appears, (according to LORJohn in his post below yours), that no extension cord over 5' will be usable.

**sigh**

Hey Jim,

I bet the wind will love working it's magic on that layout!

JBullard wrote:

Hey Jim,

I bet the wind will love working it's magic on that layout!

So far the last two years I have been lucky and no big winds...yet!!!

They usually come in October and right up to Thanksgiving...

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

So far the last two years I have been lucky and no big winds...yet!!!

They usually come in October and right up to Thanksgiving...

Thats a nice layout Jim the only question is when are they going to start selling the CCBs Paul from CDI is having his summer sale right now so it would be nice if the CCBs went on sale so I know what I would have to buy. :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

the only question is when are they going to start selling the CCBs Paul from CDI is having his summer sale right now so it would be nice if the CCBs went on sale so I know what I would have to buy. :D

I think it is pretty much a sure thing that the CCB's will go on sale for the LOR Summer sale (Mid July??)..

Not that I know or have any inside info...just what we have read in several different forum posts here...

I think the BIG question is when the S3/Superstar software will be available...

jimswinder wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
This sounds like I need to get that 1000" roll out and do some testing... How far do you want the controller to be from the bulbs/load? I'll make an extension out of spare Molex's and give it a try this weekend...

Well...now that you mention "length".. I just realized a new problem!!!

Originally the 100 ct CCB's were going to be 8" Center for a total length of 66'...
just about what I needed...

but now the talk is of 6" centers or about 50'...that leaves me about 10' short of my current length of lights!!!

Yep...puts me in a bind also. Originally I was going to be 4 ft too long....now I'm going to be 12 ft short. Guess I'll have to cut off 12 ft off one side of the house.

MikeH

jimswinder wrote:

cmoore60 wrote:
Hey Jim,

If you are simply wanting the CCB to chase from one end  to the power supply and then on to the end of the second string. The macros will be able to be configured to do that.

**sigh**

Hey Jim, That looks really nice!
It reminds me of two of my favorite things,
Barnum & Bailey circus,
and of course McDonalds in the front.
Brilliant!
:D

rstately wrote:

It reminds me of two of my favorite things,
Barnum & Bailey circus,

Brilliant!
:D