Light-O-Rama Forums

What's New in S3...

jimswinder

jimswinder wrote:

Bob...

Don't know if you are still monitoring this thread, but something else crossed my mind last night and it involves "Grouping Channels"...in particular the grouping of a Cosmic Color Device (and in this case a CCB)...and after watching your Power Point presentation again, I did not see it mentioned or it listed in the menu anywhere.

I think I may have an element where it would be advantageous to group different bulbs of a CCB together... such as Bulb 1, 7, 11, 34, and 49 (Group 1) and Bulb 2, 8, 12, 35 and 50 (Group 2).

Will this be possible with S3...to take individual CCB bulbs and place them into a group?

And to make it even more interesting, I would need to have a third Group that has Bulbs from Group 1 AND Group 2 IE: Bulb 1, 2, 22, 25, 50 (Group 3).

I know the first concern is having duplicate channels in multiple groups...but no group would be on at the same time.

Make sense?

If not, let me try to explain:

I am thinking about making a talking snowman out of CCB's, and to create the 6 different mouth shapes (movements) would require some of the bulbs being used in more than one mouth shape...hence the same bulb being used in a different Group.

Yes. It may be a little clunky doing the initial setup, but it can be done. Here's an example:

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/GroupParts.swf

If there's sufficient interest, we could work on making it easier to do, but at the very least it can be done.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• Paul Roberson

• LOR Staff

bob wrote:

Yes. It may be a little clunky doing the initial setup, but it can be done. Here's an example:

If there's sufficient interest, we could work on making it easier to do, but at the very least it can be done.

Thanks BOB!!!! That is PERFECT!!

DAMN!!!

Now I am out of excuses NOT to do my Snowmen!!!

jimswinder wrote:

bob wrote:
Yes.  It may be a little clunky doing the initial setup, but it can be done.  Here's an example:

Thanks BOB!!!!  That is PERFECT!!

DAMN!!!

You still need S3 to do it, so your procrastinating can continue! ;)

scubado wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
bob wrote:

Thanks BOB!!!! That is PERFECT!!

DAMN!!!

You still need S3 to do it, so your procrastinating can continue! ;)

Yeah...but I can design them and layout the bulb placement so all I have to do is attach the CCB's to the frame...

I should have a few weeks to attach and test them before the first show!!! LOL

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me if S3 will allow me to use my Showtime Director to run sub-sequences? I'll need a sub-sequence to play my CCR's.

drivemewilder wrote:

Can someone tell me if S3 will allow me to use my Showtime Director to run sub-sequences? I'll need a sub-sequence to play my CCR's.

I've never worked with sub-sequences, so if my testing method was incorrect, please let me know.

I opened a sequence and changed one channel to "sequence" and added a sequence to the channel. I then went to the HWU to create a show. When I selected that sequence the software told me that "Sequences with subsequences cannot be downloaded."

So no, it would seem as if you can not.

Don wrote:

drivemewilder wrote:

I've never worked with sub-sequences, so if my testing method was incorrect, please let me know.

I opened a sequence and changed one channel to "sequence" and added a sequence to the channel. I then went to the HWU to create a show. When I selected that sequence the software told me that "Sequences with subsequences cannot be downloaded."

So no, it would seem as if you can not.

An article in the first edition of the UltraShows.com magazine (PlanetChristmas, but for sequene sharing basically) makes mention of the ability to "paint" a sequence directly onto a channel, without having to deal with subsequences. The magazine also makes mention that S3 is supposed to be coming out in September (see bottom left corner of the S3 page). However the article may have been written a while back causing this bit of information to become stale.

So if the above is true and I have interpreted it correctly, then you should be able to "paint" your subsequence into the parent sequence so that you can load it onto the Showtime Director as a single sequence.

Check the magazine and see for yourself.

An article in the first edition of the UltraShows.com magazine (PlanetChristmas, but for sequene sharing basically) makes mention of the ability to "paint" a sequence directly onto a channel, without having to deal with subsequences.

There's a little demo of "paint sequence" starting at about 16:47 into this video:

http://www.lightorama.com/LOR3Demo/WhatsNewInLOR3.swf

bob wrote:

There's a little demo of "paint sequence" starting at about 16:47 into this video:

After viewing that video, I have a question: Does "Repeat" mode always copy by time and not by cell? It seems the only difference between "Repeat" and "By Time" is that "By Time" ignores the length of the selection and uses the source sequence's length instead. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct, Steven: Both "Paste by Time" and "Repeat" are 1:1 in terms of the time length of a particular copied event and the time length of the pasted version of that event; the difference is that "Paste by Time" pastes all copied events exactly once, whereas "Repeat" pastes however many copied events (or parts thereof) need to be pasted in order to fit into the selected area, starting over from the first copied event if necessary.

One of the main reasons behind "Repeat" is that it essentially behaves the way that turning on a subsequence channel would behave, without the hassle and complication of subsequences themselves.

• 3 months later...

this is all great but what about the lor users that are using digital strip that is not ccr i want to make a 50 pixel matrix to put on my chimney and use it as a tune to sign. and as a great feature like having santa going down the chimney.

i know the guys using light show pro can do this. i do not want to change to lsp as i think LOr software is great but seems to be limited to on lor product on the digital side.

also im making my own 8 channel digital module candy cane that is we could draw like a digital string in the visualiser would be great added feature also.