jimswinder wrote:
and I will name them!!!

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

There...now everyone knows!!!

...and I know Jim's password too! It's "********" Not a very creative password, I guess he devotes all his creativity to his Christmas Light Display...

Jeff
Jim's, I thought that was yours!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• Paul Roberson

• LOR Staff

Jeff Millard wrote:

DevMike wrote:
There is NO real connection between your sequences and the visualization. The 'objects' (Fixtures and Props) you create are independent of everything else. The only connection is how you set up (Wire) the channels on the fixtures.

Doing things this way allows you to first design what you want your display (the Stage) to look like before you get mired in deciding what channels you need, what they are going to be named and where they are going to go. Once you have that done, you can come back to your visualization and Wire everything up.

This single thing is what made the original visualizer a burden to program/layout. Redesigning a high channel count display was very difficult and had me wishing I could "see" my display the way guys like William and Robin do without using the Vis. But I can't, so I have to have the thing. Which meant I had to program it. So, after spending days setting it up and adjusting the channel order and copying the layout to the rest of the sequences and verifying I got it right... I was too burned out to Sequence anything. Being able to "re-wire" the display layout eliminates this burden completely.

Jeff

I agree Jeff. That is the one thing I don't like about the current version of lor.my animation looks terrible but gets the job done.

Mark Showalter wrote:

Still trying to get my brain around everything new in S3. Do you know if the wizards will help create a Weber tree in the visualizer?

I'm not sure exactly what a 'Weber' tree is. However, the initial release (again, as far as I know and it is subject to change) only does 'normal' trees. The Demo @00:57 shows all the options that are currently available for trees.

But again, you or someone else, could draw one by hand and then share it with the 'export/import' functions. With as many sequences as you guys share, I fully expect a large library of shared Fixtures/Props to quickly become available.

On a separate topic, I see a lot of people talking about high channel count displays and being able to visualize those as well. The nice thing with the new visualizer is that it is NOT tied to any sequence/channel/show/etc.

If desired, you can create as many different Visualizer files for as many different parts of your Stage (display) as you like.

You could then load 'Stage Left' or 'Neighbor House' or 'Tree Line' or whatever you like and see that portion in action - with any sequence or show. The Visualizer will simply ignore data for any channel that is not Wired.

T110431 wrote:

I did a quick you tube search for a video of one of a weber tree

Ahh.. A 'spiral' tree. I know that it is part of the wish list, but do not know when or if it will be done, since that would be a Dan decision.

guys don t get me wrong but i don t have a PH D in electronics i know somebody will tell me or think shut the h@@L up but lets stop asking for things that arn t added yet and let them release S3 if we keep asking for changes we ll never see it just my simple thoughts

Just guessing, but would assume S3 feature-set is pretty much locked in if release time is a month or less away. Any adds would be easy stuff that won't mess with the timeline...or will just be added in a point release.

Question for anyone who knows more about the mention of the native DMX support:

Does this mean that S3 will play nice with non iDMX dongles? So I can incorporate say my Enttec DMX Pro alongside my iDMX to have a second DMX universe?

If yes, then I would be one VERY happy camper indeed!

If there is one thing I have learned about working on this project, it is that input is always appreciated - both by me and by LOR management. While I may not make the call on what does and does not make it, that does not mean I don't want to hear those suggestions and comments.

Your Visualizer suggestions may not make it into the initial release, but I promise you that every one of them is considered seriously by both me, and LOR management.

t purser wrote:

guys don t get me wrong but i don t have a PH D in electronics i know somebody will tell me or think shut the h@@L up but lets stop asking for things that arn t added yet and let them release S3 if we keep asking for changes we ll never see it just my simple thoughts

Wasn't me.
I never asked for 'changes'. I just asked if it was in there. ;)

Jeff Millard wrote:

Hey Mike, thanks for chatting with us. It really means a whole bunch to a whole bunch of us. Happy Independance day!

Jeff

I agree with Jeff. Thanks Mike. Everyone likes new toys to play with. I'm looking forward to unwrapping my new S3. Enjoy your 4th of July holiday tomorrow.

Bob,

I notice a new controller option: ServoDog. Any insight on what S3 will offer as far as programming a ServoDog. I'm current playing with a new ServoDog a just ordered and trying to program it in S2 is a real pain.

One important question I almost forgot is the hotkeys customizable or atleast is the f key off again

T110431 wrote:

One important question I almost forgot is the hotkeys customizable or atleast is the f key off again

Yes. Customizable hot-keys.

Is there a way in S3 to easily convert say a "8 tree line" to say a "10 tree line" using the new copy and paste functionality? Was wondering if a stretch to fit paste would work on that?

taybrynn wrote:

Is there a way in S3 to easily convert say a "8 tree line" to say a "10 tree line" using the new copy and paste functionality? Was wondering if a stretch to fit paste would work on that?

One major thing I would like to see added is mapping a channel list. For example. lets say that last year I had 10 mini trees and this year I add in 2 more mini trees. However, by adding those 2 lines in the sequence editor, it moves down the remaining 300 channels I have. For the most part I just copy my sequences from the year before and have to adjust it to the new channels. If I could map last years channels to this years channels and import the old sequence in, that would be a HUGE time saver for me!

Greg

After seeing the Super Star part of the software, I think it is making me lean a little more towards the purchase of CCR's over traditional boxes. I am looking forward to the Summer Sale to add to the addiction.