Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale?

lilouisianagal

JBullard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Just noticed the last line of last years Summer Sale contest rules:

NOTICE: Employees of Light-O-Rama and their families are not eligible to win.

So....are Beta Testers technically employees of LOR??? ;)

Nope, we just get to keep any of the new controllers and CCB strings when they are sent to us for testing :P

Waiting on the hardware :P

Ok Jim, some of the above may not be true

so you AREN'T waiting for the hardware!!!! :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• displaysinmotion_will

• David Rise

jimswinder wrote:

JBullard wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

So....are Beta Testers technically employees of LOR???  ;)

Nope, we just get to keep any of the new controllers and CCB strings when they are sent to us for testing :P

so you AREN'T waiting for the hardware!!!!  :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D Not allowed to say :););););););)

jimswinder wrote:

JBullard wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

Just so everyone knows, this is a joke. I have never received any hardware from LOR for testing. I have paid for ALL LOR hardware, at regular prices, just like everyone else.

Guest wbottomley

JBullard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
JBullard wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

Just so everyone knows, this is a joke. I have never received any hardware from LOR for testing. I have paid for ALL LOR hardware, at regular prices, just like everyone else.

You showed me something at the convention last year that LOR wanted you to test. And, you said it was free for testing. What was that again?

JBullard wrote:

If I did, I sent it back! That was a year ago, This old man can remember back that far!

Since you CAN remember...please tell us!!!!! :shock:

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

dcarter4 wrote:
"Gen 2 controllers" ????!! Do tell!!! Info please!! (or where I can go to find it!)

Dwayne

for some reason i was thinking the new line of controllers were gen 2 but are actually gen 3. here is an explanation about them from our last partner update

Our tried-and-true light controllers are getting better. Think G3.

Light-O-Rama professional and residential light controllers (LOR and PC series) are being upgraded to what we’re calling Generation 3. The big improvement will be how LEDs are handled. G3 light controllers have built-in ghost loads for each channel so LED dimming looks more like the incandescents we’ve been used to. The firmware is also upgraded so there are 1024 dimming levels per channel compared to the current 256. Other minor hardware changes have been made to make the boards more “dummy-proof” while the current enclosure footprint remains the same. We’re still nailing down final pricing but anticipate the possibility of a slight increase reflecting inflation in material costs. For most of our earlier generation light controllers, users will have the option to upgrade their firmware to the 1024 dimming levels.

see this topic for some more info and pics http://forums.lightorama.com/forum93/26861.html

Is that for Jim Winder's benefit?(highlighted in red in the quote above)

Sorry Jim. After your weber tree disaster and from others saying you're cursed. I just had to ask....:P

jimswinder wrote:

JBullard wrote:
If I did, I sent it back! That was a year ago, This old man can remember back that far!

Since you CAN remember...please tell us!!!!!  :shock:

William has a better memory then I do! He is the one with the "big" mouth :D Gen 2 or Gen 3 controller?

Myself, I can't type or spell very well :P After all, I'm OLD!

Orville wrote:

. Other minor hardware changes have been made to make the boards more “dummy-proof” while the current enclosure footprint remains the same. We’re still nailing down final pricing but anticipate the possibility of a slight increase reflecting inflation in material costs. For most of our earlier generation light controllers, users will have the option to upgrade their firmware to the 1024 dimming levels.

see this topic for some more info and pics http://forums.lightorama.com/forum93/26861.html
Is that for Jim Winder's benefit?(highlighted in red in the quote above)

Sorry Jim. After your weber tree disaster and from others saying you're cursed. I just had to ask....:P

there is a HUGE difference between being "cursed" and being "dumb"!!!!

somehow I was blessed with both traits though... :shock:

Guest wbottomley

JBullard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
JBullard wrote:

Since you CAN remember...please tell us!!!!!  :shock:

William has a better memory then I do! He is the one with the "big" mouth :D Gen 2 or Gen 3 controller?

Myself, I can't type or spell very well :D After all, I'm OLD!

LOL

You're not. We need to talk so I can put you in a different mind set. :P

JBullard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
JBullard wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

So....are Beta Testers technically employees of LOR??? :P

Nope, we just get to keep any of the new controllers and CCB strings when they are sent to us for testing :D

so you AREN'T waiting for the hardware!!!! :)

Hmmm, I seem to share William's recollections also, but being an old timer, it might be my memory starting to go. After all, I would never want to be responsible for starting any rumors, even if they did turn out to be true.....:P;)

Well, back from my cruise. The reason I can afford to own my own boat and go for a 2 week cruise to Canada is that I watch how I spend my pennies. That's why I am waiting for the LOR sale (yes, I'm a cheap b..tard :D).

Back safe and sound, looked through my e-mails, no sale info. Glad I didn't miss it. :(

Still waiting.

Attached files 256657=14120-02aOutside.jpg

Rickbj wrote:

Well, back from my cruise.  The reason I can afford to own my own boat and go for a 2 week cruise to Canada is that I watch how I spend my pennies.  That's why I am waiting for the LOR sale (yes, I'm a cheap b..tard :D). 

Back safe and sound, looked through my e-mails, no sale info.  Glad I didn't miss it. :(

Still waiting.

Careful, you'll be trading in that boat for more controllers and lights!:shock:

Rickbj wrote:

Back safe and sound, looked through my e-mails, no sale info. Glad I didn't miss it. :D

Dan was waiting JUST for you!!!!

He knows what a b..tard you can be.... :(

Let the sale begin!!!!

Rickbj wrote:

Well, back from my cruise. The reason I can afford to own my own boat and go for a 2 week cruise to Canada is that I watch how I spend my pennies. That's why I am waiting for the LOR sale (yes, I'm a cheap b..tard :D).

Back safe and sound, looked through my e-mails, no sale info. Glad I didn't miss it. :(

Still waiting.

Nice boat. Mine is just a wee bit smaller...

redneck_bass_boat.jpg

MikeH