• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• displaysinmotion_will

• David Rise

I can imagine with Hurricane Irene taking aim at the Jersey shore...there may be an even longer delay!! ...

"Hunker Down" and keep your SCR's dry!!!... There's a storm a brewin !!

we got lucky so far it has turned north by northeast so we are getting rain and wind, some trees down but no anywhere near as bad as when Fran came thru.

David Rise wrote:

Just a reminder....

September 22 is the last day of summer. Take a few deep breaths and let your cares melt away.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Left hand circle. Right hand circle.
Always remember to breathe...very important.

Nope, not this year (2011), these dates can, and sometimes do actually change from year to year, or the date may be the same, but occurs at a specific time, which is different.

Also known as the Fall equinox, the last day of summer in 2011 is September 23, 5:05 A.M. EDT.

More interesting info on these for both the 2011 and 2012 Seasons:

Seasons of 2011:

SPRING EQUINOX
March 20, 7:21 P.M. EDT

SUMMER SOLSTICE
June 21, 1:16 P.M. EDT

FALL EQUINOX
September 23, 5:05 A.M. EDT

WINTER SOLSTICE
December 22, 12:30 A.M. EST

Seasons of 2012:

SPRING EQUINOX
March 20, 1:14 A.M. EDT

SUMMER SOLSTICE
June 20, 7:09 P.M. EDT

FALL EQUINOX
September 22, 10:49 A.M. EDT

WINTER SOLSTICE
December 21, 6:12 A.M. EST

You can read and see more information here:
http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons

Hello,

Can anyone give me a warm fuzzy that there will actually be enough controllers this year? This is my second year, and last year it felt like this was questionable as well. I am only looking to snag one controller, and there is still 86 days before the first official show starter, but I am a little nervous. If anyone did not notice, Dan posted that the summer sale will be in sections this year, so not all products will be sold at once. After talking to the great folks at LOR, everything is on back order right now. I know they are doing the best they can as fast as they can, but i'm worried. I just need one! After all of the hours of programming this year, if someone could let me know it is all going to be okay, I would sure appreciate it!

Ineedmorelights wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone give me a warm fuzzy that there will actually be enough controllers this year? This is my second year, and last year it felt like this was questionable as well. I am only looking to snag one controller, and there is still 86 days before the first official show starter, but I am a little nervous. If anyone did not notice, Dan posted that the summer sale will be in sections this year, so not all products will be sold at once. After talking to the great folks at LOR, everything is on back order right now. I know they are doing the best they can as fast as they can, but i'm worried. I just need one! After all of the hours of programming this year, if someone could let me know it is all going to be okay, I would sure appreciate it!

Can't say for sure but Dan goes out of his way to make all his customers happy. If he can't get the stuff in time it is out of his hands.. I may suggest put your location on your profile.. Maybe if you can't get one some near by will loan you one til yours arrives..

Hey, I'm in the same boat except this is my first year and I was planning on only doing a Halloween display. I've checked with all of LOR's vendors and none of them have any controllers in stock. These vendors have also not been able to give me a clear date on when controllers would be available. Although I'm hopeful that there will be controllers available I don't know if we can necessarily bet on it.

Its not all bad, however, as some really nice people on this board have offered me a controller for rental purposes if I can't find a controller by October.

Yeah I know he only wants to send out the best, and I appreciate that. I just don't want to cut it too close for comfort. I'm in Tucson. I feel comfortable knowing that I (hopefully) covered all my bases and all I should have to do it plug the lights into the controller and everything will work, so I don't need one right away for trial runs. I can just use other controllers for testing. After all the programming this year- if I don't get one more controller, my entire show is gone!

I'm in a similar situation. I don't care about "Summer Sales" and all that. I just want to buy a controller or two. I've spent a lot of time prepping my Halloween show and am very concerned I might have to change to a different concept.
It looks as if the 8 channel packs are available, but not cost effective for me.
It's frustrating, and not at all what I'd hoped my first post on the forum to be.

The issues in Japan have had an impact on a lot of industries. A lot of parts and supplies in my company have had some restrictions in ordering. My company is headquartered in Japan and suffered some damage to the plants. They are back on line, but the rolling blackouts have had a major impact on production.

Now I'm getting nervous. I want to buy 1 ShowTime PC CTB16PC - partially assembled - during this sale. I have been waiting to re-sequence until I'm sure I'll get the controller. Looks like I'll have to 'copy' my old sequences and work with the copies so I will have a backup in case I don't receive the controller. I just hate to have all my additional lights, extension cords and decorations sitting idle this year.

I had the misfortune to be visiting my wife's family in New Jersey last weekend. The devastation in New Jersey was terrible (my wife's brother had 3 feet of water in his first floor). My heart goes out to all of you who suffered any loss due to the hurricane.

wbottomley wrote:

I understand a "Black Friday" sale maybe in the works.

I think you have cried "wolf" one too many times... lol

wbottomley wrote:

I understand a "Black Friday" sale maybe in the works.

Is that the great FALL SALE that I've been hearing so much about?

I'm a bit confused. I just was on the main LOR site and went to their on-line store and then the DIY and the PC card section. Was able to put one of the kits in my cart. No where up to this point did I see anything about back order. So is it when you go to check out that you get the "back ordered" status? And looks like the CCR is still $249. Sure glad I am not in Dan's shoes right now.

Nope...It wouldn't let you add it to the cart before. Maybe they have inventory now and the sale can begin. Come on man, all I need is one controller. Anticipation is killing me.