Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale?

lilouisianagal

jimswinder wrote:

MikeH wrote:
I was just in the LOR webstore, noticed there were some items in the DIY on back order and not due in till late Aug. I didn't check the rest of the products, but I'm quite sure this is why the summer sale hasn't started. Just my guess....what do you think?

Nah...they would just ship it when they got it...

I found the real reason as to why some things are on backorder. Steps 21,81 and 92. Does any one remember what these mean? Hint: China to New York.

MikeH

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• displaysinmotion_will

• David Rise

Guest wbottomley

Everyone is in a giddy over the back order situation. My past experience (6+ years), orders begin shipping on the first Monday of the sale. So... stop pissing and moaning because you'll have your equipment in time for the season. :]:}

marsh28 wrote:

I'm getting pretty frustrated. I was THIS CLOSE last weekend to forgetting the sale and purchasing two controllers. Instead I chose to wait and now the PC controllers are going to be on backorder? The reason I wanted to purchase LOR in the first place was for Halloween. I've got the sequences ready to go but now I am afraid I'm going to be buying two controllers that I won't be able to use this year.
I wouldn't sweat. LOR's service is great and I bet they would have it in plenty of time for Halloween.
:P

Where once was a man named Dan

Who had one heck of a plan

To have a big sale in summer

But he took a little slumber

When he awoke

And saw of the the jokes

He got to work to make it right

So all would no longer fight

Once he was done

They went back to having fun

He did not want to hurry

And risk eveyone's fury

So just sit back and chill

And wait for the next big thrill

When he's wide awake from his nappy

I'm sure all will be happy

This is all in fun people, don't get offended. The sale will come when the time is right.:):D:D

Robert Burton wrote:

marsh28 wrote:
I'm getting pretty frustrated. I was THIS CLOSE last weekend to forgetting the sale and purchasing two controllers. Instead I chose to wait and now the PC controllers are going to be on backorder? The reason I wanted to purchase LOR in the first place was for Halloween. I've got the sequences ready to go but now I am afraid I'm going to be buying two controllers that I won't be able to use this year.
I wouldn't sweat. LOR's service is great and I bet they would have it in plenty of time for Halloween.
:)

there's always eBay....

MikeH wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
MikeH wrote:
I was just in the LOR webstore, noticed there were some items in the DIY on back order and not due in till late Aug. I didn't check the rest of the products, but I'm quite sure this is why the summer sale hasn't started. Just my guess....what do you think?

Nah...they would just ship it when they got it...

I found the real reason as to why some things are on backorder. Steps 21,81 and 92. Does any one remember what these mean? Hint: China to New York.

MikeH

Yeah, That's an awful long way to swim. I bet their arms hurt.

Do we know if they're offering a similar deal to 2006 with giving a few away for free? My email has been sadly devoid of Lightorama.

In 2006 because lightorama was growing at a rapid rate they were afraid of running out of stock so they offered the people who were willing to wait up to 2 months for delivery. So they had a promotion called save 10. They gave an extra discount for waiting. I doubt they will do that again

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

In 2006 because lightorama was growing at a rapid rate they were afraid of running out of stock so they offered the people who were willing to wait up to 2 months for delivery. So they had a promotion called save 10. They gave an extra discount for waiting. I doubt they will do that again

Actually the last two years they have had a "Try For Free" giveaway....

from 2008:

http://www.lightorama.com/TryForFree2008.html

from 2010:

http://www.lightorama.com/w_tryforfree2010.html

I knew that, what I'm saying is we will probably never see the deal we got in 2006 again. Not only did we get the sale price but we also got an additional 10% off if we delayed shipment

Now don't quote me on this but I thought that you got an additional discount for using the try for free on top of the sale price.

I knew that, what I'm saying is we will probably never see the deal we got in 2006 again. Not only did we get the sale price but we also got an additional 10% off if we delayed shipment

guess I was looking at the original question:

Do we know if they're offering a similar deal to 2006 with giving a few away for free?

CharlesFitz wrote:

Now don't quote me on this but I thought that you got an additional discount for using the try for free on top of the sale price.

in the past, if you did the "Try For Free" you were entered into a contest where you could win for free whatever you ordered (up to a certain dollar amount...$2500 I beleive).

EDIT:

You are correct...in 2010 they did offer this:

EVERY ORDER with the TryForFree promotion code gets an additional 2% discount.

Well the question was misleading because the only that was gave away in 2006 was a computer. Not a chance at free product as suggested. I was only going by the 2006 year.

Well the question was misleading because the only that was gave away in 2006 was a computer. Not a chance at free product as suggested. I was only going by the 2006 year.

lol..I thought it strange that he would refer to something that happened 5 years ago!! LOL

Just noticed the last line of last years Summer Sale contest rules:

NOTICE: Employees of Light-O-Rama and their families are not eligible to win.

So....are Beta Testers technically employees of LOR??? ;)

jimswinder wrote:

Just noticed the last line of last years Summer Sale contest rules:

NOTICE: Employees of Light-O-Rama and their families are not eligible to win.

So....are Beta Testers technically employees of LOR???  ;)

Nope, we just get to keep any of the new controllers and CCB strings when they are sent to us for testing :P

Waiting on the hardware :P

Ok Jim, some of the above may not be true

dcarter4 wrote:

"Gen 2 controllers" ????!! Do tell!!! Info please!! (or where I can go to find it!)

Dwayne

for some reason i was thinking the new line of controllers were gen 2 but are actually gen 3. here is an explanation about them from our last partner update

Our tried-and-true light controllers are getting better. Think G3.

Light-O-Rama professional and residential light controllers (LOR and PC series) are being upgraded to what we’re calling Generation 3. The big improvement will be how LEDs are handled. G3 light controllers have built-in ghost loads for each channel so LED dimming looks more like the incandescents we’ve been used to. The firmware is also upgraded so there are 1024 dimming levels per channel compared to the current 256. Other minor hardware changes have been made to make the boards more “dummy-proof” while the current enclosure footprint remains the same. We’re still nailing down final pricing but anticipate the possibility of a slight increase reflecting inflation in material costs. For most of our earlier generation light controllers, users will have the option to upgrade their firmware to the 1024 dimming levels.

see this topic for some more info and pics http://forums.lightorama.com/forum93/26861.html