Light-O-Rama Forums

Dillema what would you do??

Guest Don Gillespie

Don Gillespie wrote:

MikeH wrote:

I was having the same problem with the time moving ahead. I put in a new CMOS battery which cured the problem.

MikeH

Mike can you explain this to me, where on the computer is there a battery, this is not my laptop this is my pc at home thanks

Don,

The battery is on the motherboard. Open up the side panel on your computer and look for a round silver button (battery). Other Don has good pics on previous post.

Don, meet Don. Don this is Don. Hehehe

MikeH

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• shfr26

• jim6918

• MikeH

Don wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Mike can you explain this to me, where on the computer is there a battery, this is not my laptop this is my pc at home thanks

Don,

Try this.

Don,

Great pics of CMOS batteries....but what's with the guy on the couch? LOL

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

Don wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

Don,

Try this.

Don,

Great pics of CMOS batteries....but what's with the guy on the couch? LOL

MikeH

Maybe he is waiting on the plate of food. :P

Guest Don Gillespie

MikeH wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
MikeH wrote:

I was having the same problem with the time moving ahead. I put in a new CMOS battery which cured the problem.

MikeH

Don,

The battery is on the motherboard. Open up the side panel on your computer and look for a round silver button (battery). Other Don has good pics on previous post.

MikeH
Is it common for a new conmputer to have a bad battery my computer is not even a year old??

Don Gillespie wrote:

Is it common for a new conmputer to have a bad battery my computer is not even a year old??

Certainly not common...but anything can happen within the confines of a computer...

It is certainly a cheap and easy fix to replace the battery...if that is indeed the problem.

But you gotta start somewhere...and I always start with the easy and cheap things first!! :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

MikeH wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
MikeH wrote:

MikeH

Don,

MikeH

It depends how long the motherboard used in your new computer had been around before being put into use, and more importantly (and much more likely) how long the battery itself may have been on the shelf.

They usually last quite a few years (up to 10 or so), but there are a lot of variables to battery life...

Greg

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Certainly not common...but anything can happen within the confines of a computer...

It is certainly a cheap and easy fix to replace the battery...if that is indeed the problem.

But you gotta start somewhere...and I always start with the easy and cheap things first!! :P

Jim's right here. I build a lot of PC's from bare-bones parts at work and have been getting a rash of crap parts in the past year or so. Motherboards, hard drives, memory, optical drives all DOA out of the box. Especially bad recently for me are hard drives 1Tb and larger, all from the name brand companies that fail within days.

Just a warning, you might find a few CMOS batteries that are soldered in. Much harder to remove.

Guest Don Gillespie

jim6918 wrote:

Jim's right here. I build a lot of PC's from bare-bones parts at work and have been getting a rash of crap parts in the past year or so. Motherboards, hard drives, memory, optical drives all DOA out of the box. Especially bad recently for me are hard drives 1Tb and larger, all from the name brand companies that fail within days.

Just a warning, you might find a few CMOS batteries that are soldered in. Much harder to remove.

Thanks if I run accross this I will get a tech to fix the problem and change the battery you gotta love this forum if someone doesn't know the others will thanks guys :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

you gotta love this forum if someone doesn't know the others will :D

Then there is me who just pretends to know!!! :P

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Then there is me who just pretends to know!!! :P

If your looking for an argument you won't get one from me :P:P

I think I beat George to it on this one :P:P:P:P:P

Don Gillespie wrote:

George has been quiet lately...

George must be busy doing his Custom Sequences and making lots of money to buy them thar new fangled CCB's...

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

George has been quiet lately...

George must be busy doing his Custom Sequences and making lots of money to buy them thar new fangled CCB's...

I'll say, haven't heard from him for a while I am well into my medly I have 9 min and 47 seconds of a 17 min 53 second medly done should be a show stopper this year, how many more days till light up :P:P oh ya it doesn't look like I'll be around for the NW pacific mini I'll be playing golf in Scotland let me know how it goes if you decide to go :)

Don Gillespie wrote:

I'll be playing golf in Scotland let me know how it goes if you decide to go :P

Wait?

What??

And this is the same guy complaining of the price of airfare for a December wedding?!?!?!?! :P

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
I'll be playing golf in Scotland let me know how it goes if you decide to go :P

Wait?

What??

And this is the same guy complaining of the price of airfare for a December wedding?!?!?!?! :P

Wife is paying for Scotland, I have to pay for the wedding, I would rather buy lots of CCB's and controllers. :P

How many new lights and stuff are you bringing back from Scotland, all green of course??

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

How many new lights and stuff are you bringing back from Scotland, all green of course??

Green for sure and if I get into the deep rough maybe some white also :P

Can we get a picture of you, on the greens, and in a kilt?? Oh wait, very ,very bad idea!!!:P

shfr26 wrote:

Can we get a picture of you, on the greens, and in a kilt?? Oh wait, very ,very bad idea!!!:P

Yeah..I for one have NO interest in seeing his putter... :shock: :P

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Can we get a picture of you, on the greens, and in a kilt?? Oh wait, very ,very bad idea!!!:) you bet but close tyour eyes :P

Yeah..I for one have NO interest in seeing his putter... :shock: :PI have a really long putter :P