Light-O-Rama Forums

New format

shfr26

-klb- wrote:

I miss visiting your employer's surplus store.

They closed the one down in Kent, Washington many years ago...don't know who gets all the surplus stuff now...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• shfr26

• LightORamaDan

• CKSedg

jimswinder wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
You beat us veteran's that have been members here for years.

Hmmmm....

maybe I should get a life, huh?

1511514.GIF

now that you mention it...... :P:D

evana wrote:

Hey Dan,
do you realize than jimswinder has you and Jeff miller beat in post count? I'm more into any sequence you can think of. been there, done that.

Is there a trophy for the mostest post on lor....

Actually I have never looked at post counts on any forum... I get a number of complaints from people that some people clutter threads with unnecessary posts and that it makes it take longer to get to find answers to questions.

I think there is a time and place for everything. In serious threads where someone has a question/problem and others can help it probably is counter productive to go into random stuff and make it difficult for people to use this forum. However I am never one to not appreciate a joke now and then in a thread and of course in the coffee shop where it is not necessarily a technical thing the I have no issues with people messing around.

Also as far as lots of posts... We are busy here at LOR getting the new S3 Software and Hardware ready for this year. :P

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

We are busy here at LOR getting the new S3 Software and Hardware ready for this year. :P

Dan

darn!!....

wish that would have said "ready for next month".

Oh well...I can keep myself busy making counter productive posts that go into random stuff... :P

LightORamaDan wrote:

evana wrote:
Hey Dan,
do you realize than jimswinder has you and Jeff miller beat in post count? I'm more into any sequence you can think of. been there, done that.

Actually I have never looked at post counts on any forum... I get a number of complaints from people that some people clutter threads with unnecessary posts and that it makes it take longer to get to find answers to questions.

I think there is a time and place for everything. In serious threads where someone has a question/problem and others can help it probably is counter productive to go into random stuff and make it difficult for people to use this forum. However I am never one to not appreciate a joke now and then in a thread and of course in the coffee shop where it is not necessarily a technical thing the I have no issues with people messing around.

Also as far as lots of posts... We are busy here at LOR getting the new S3 Software and Hardware ready for this year. :)

Dan

Dan you know me. Always out to have fun. remember last time I got in trouble...

http://www.cnnbcvideo.com/?nid=k1Rj_5cLsCHVq6k4O_Ff9zk0MTQzMDE-&referred_by=13803772-qXCZH1x

Thats what my sig says. just havin fun again.

LightORamaDan wrote:

evana wrote:
Hey Dan,

Actually I have never looked at post counts on any forum... I get a number of complaints from people that some people clutter threads with unnecessary posts and that it makes it take longer to get to find answers to question.

I blame jimswinder for that :).

alright he is a good sport for taking on the blame game. And he does have everybody beat with posting.

just another thought.

how did this thread get highjacked? and is jimswinder to blame?

evana wrote:

Dan you know me. Always out to have fun. remember last time I got in trouble...

[snip]

Look... In High School I was the class clown type. Never very serious so I have no issue with people having fun... As I mentioned, when a thread is serious about techincal questions/issues we should try to keep on topic but even then, if someone wants to bring smiles into a discussion it shouldn't bother us but we should try to keep things focused so later when someone is looking for help is is as easy/quick to find as is reasonable.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest wbottomley

Well... I see John Wayne (AKA: Chuck Smith) is on the board tonight. Maybe he won't press the wrong button and ban all of us before the new board gets up and going.

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

Nope, just you and me brother. Like he did in um, 2006 wasn't it? 5 freakin years ago and I still wanna slap him the first time I meet him toe to toe...

Jeff

In 2006, I think.

I still have the rant that caused the two of us to get banned.

Shall I post it here?

I just hope that LOR forums don't end up looking like PC forums.

I hate the new layout and have not been there since, unless I followed a link posted here.

Guest wbottomley

Paul Roberson wrote:

I just hope that LOR forums don't end up looking like PC forums.

I'm a gambling man. And I will gamble that LOR will use the same core as PC, IPB boards.