Light-O-Rama Forums

mini tres

doug petschke

Mark Showalter wrote:

I used two upside down tomato cages for each of my mini trees. I used rope lights on each. For easy installation and tear down I bent the top 4 to 6 inches of tomato cage down in the center. I hammered 2 ft of a four foot piece of rebar into the yard then placed a one inch grey pipe over the exposed rebar. The bent down centers of the tomato cage fit neatly into the top of the gray pipe. This worked very well for the front yard hillside the mini trees were placed on. Instant leveling for the mini trees.:P

Thanks for your idea, I don't have a hill, but was trying to come up with a way to elevate them a little to allow for snow. I can then anchor them to keep from swaying.

Menards currently has the 32-36" cages for $.60 ea. Go soon to get best pickings, the price will go lower, but you may need to do a lot of reshaping/repairing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CKSedg

• doug petschke

• Mark Showalter

• SteveMaris

scubado wrote:

Mark Showalter wrote:

Thanks for your idea, I don't have a hill, but was trying to come up with a way to elevate them a little to allow for snow. I can then anchor them to keep from swaying.
Have you thought about a cinder block, paint it like a present? so the days it isn't covered it looks like a well present, and the days it is well it is lifting up the cage? Just an idea..

• The topic was locked