Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• ace_master

• ItsMeBobO

PaulXmas wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
John2571 wrote:
I just tried to fix it and I think it worked(I post from an iPad)

yes...they are now on top of one another...

sheesh....$10,000 in lights PLUS an iPad...

Can I be your parent?!?!?!

Better to be his brother older brother ya thats the ticket!

So if John is 12, and buying 6000 dollars worth of lights, he has to have a very generous parent who will give their credit card number, i would assume. My 9 year old kids about "can i have your credit card so I can go shopping?" and I just laugh...

I think about that, and then think about being like 15 years old, and begging my parents for a 150 dollar advance on my paper route "salary" so I could buy my first (used..) ham radio transceiver...

I wouldn't trade any of that, but I'm imagining the conversation.."mom, I need the visa number so I can get those 6000 dollars worth of LED strings that i mentioned..."..

And I hope he does understand we're just having fun with him, no matter how insanely jealous we sound..;):D:D

PaulXmas wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
John2571 wrote:
I just tried to fix it and I think it worked(I post from an iPad)

yes...they are now on top of one another...

sheesh....$10,000 in lights PLUS an iPad...

Better to be his brother older brother ya thats the ticket!

Or younger brother, they get the hand me downs.

kzaas wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Are you crazy? Who do you think (edit) is paying for all of this?:shock:

I figured it was money he saved from his paper route...or that iPhone app he created and sold a couple million copies of...

If the parents are paying for it, then yeah, THEY are the crazy ones!!!!

Crazy just like the rest of us...

Any news on the size/length/price of the smaller CCB's yet? Im placing my presale LED order tomorrow, and need to know what LOR is going to offer in a smaller CCB (size, spacing/length, price).

Does anyone know it the CCB can be cut? I would assume that it is just like the CCR and it could be but I did not see it in this thread. I may have missed it due to it's size.

Thanks!

I just stumbeled into the forum after the wife said "no more christmas for at least 4 months"

Its great to see all the new stuff - (and I love LOR and will keep buying and supporting them) but I have to say how funny I find it that so many people are just jumping on the RGB band wagon.

LED pixels have been around for quite a while. (and in a variety of shapes and sizes)

For about 130.00 bucks - you can have a 100 count string of DMX pixels. But 70 bucks to convert that signal to LOR protocol. (and its still a bit of home brew / DIY style)

I just think its funny that so many folks wont touch it till it has a LOR label on it. That does say a lot about Dan, the LOR Brand, and the following it has.

I am still eagerly waiting to hear details on artnet (or similar) support.

• 2 weeks later...

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ok the end of the month is almost here should hear from Dan any day now on the CCB's can hardly wait ;)

you really are an optimist!!! :D

I say April at the earliest... :P

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Ok the end of the month is almost here should hear from Dan any day now on the CCB's can hardly wait  :D

you really are an optimist!!!  :)

I say April at the earliest...  :P

Hope he waits a couple weeks....Need money to play with...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the new 50 bulb and 100 bulb Cosmic Color Bulb string controllers will both be controlled by one hardware unit ID or if the 100 bulb will be addressed by two unit IDs.

BrownOut wrote:

I wonder if the new 50 bulb and 100 bulb Cosmic Color Bulb string controllers will both be controlled by one hardware unit ID or if the 100 bulb will be addressed by two unit IDs.

The latest word from Dan said the 100 bulb would be contiguous with all 100 used in a macro.
To me this implies an upgraded controller from what the CCR could do. For a while (original announcement post) it seemed they would use a similar 157 channel controller with the CCB also having PLC and internal power supply.

If it turns out to be a 307 channel controller to use macros on all 100 bulbs it would follow that it would be a single unit id.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

If it turns out to be a 307 channel controller to use macros on all 100 bulbs it would follow that it would be a single unit id.

Thanks! That is what I was hoping. I would like to get three sets of 100 bulbs.

• 4 weeks later...

So what is the status of the CCF? I am hoping to replace my 100 Watt floods with some RGB floods this year. If I wait patiently will they be available in the next few months.

Also, where can I go to find out more information on them?

• 3 weeks later...

Did CCB's make it into the march sale ? I didnt buy anything as I wanted PC Kits with low power HS, and there were only High Power ones.

Im just wondering if the CCB's were sold.

I figure the sooner CCB's and CCF's are off the drawing board the more likely we could hear about artnet / e1.31.

I figure if we dont hear in the next 2-3 months its not going to be this year.

Here is what Dan told me:

The floods will be released mid year. We have not established the cost yet. They have their own controllers and will not require any additional hardware. More information will be released in April.

Dan

• 2 months later...

So, we're in July now and still nothing on the website about the Cosmic Color Floods!!!

We've got past the week of the Christmas expo, where is the info? Didn't you guys debut this at the expo?

MagnAxiom wrote:

So, we're in July now and still nothing on the website about the Cosmic Color Floods!!!

We've got past the week of the Christmas expo, where is the info? Didn't you guys debut this at the expo?

Data Sheets:

CCF's
http://manuals.synchronizedchristmas.com/lor/CF2D.pdf

CCB's
http://manuals.synchronizedchristmas.com/lor/CB100D.pdf

Expected List Price
CCF = $300 (Two floods, one controller.)
CCB = $200 (Two strings, one controller.)

Expected to be included in the summer sale. Delivery some time after that.