Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Prices for NEW Items

jimswinder

I tried to follow all 14 pages of this thread but one question that comes to mind is if I use the injector can the signal be split back to the CAT5 at the controller locations (thus eliminating the need for the CAT5 from the house to the display)?

The CCBs are definitely an interesting product and I was almost done buying everything for next year........ Just when I thought I didn't need anything else......

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• ace_master

• ItsMeBobO

I also need prices as last night I ordered $6000 of LEDs from Magic in the Sky.(I am looking to buy 23 new controllers+ 5 strings of 100 ccb+ up to 6 LOR ccf)

John2571 wrote:

I also need prices as last night I ordered $6000 of LEDs from Magic in the Sky. (I am looking to buy 23 new controllers + 5 strings of 100 ccb + up to 6 LOR ccf)

Can you adopt me?

John2571 wrote:

I also need prices as last night I ordered $6000 of LEDs from Magic in the Sky.

So...was that order on the first or second container for MIS??

(did that for you George!! LOL)

jimswinder wrote:

John2571 wrote:
I also need prices as last night I ordered $6000 of LEDs from Magic in the Sky.

So...was that order on the first or second container for MIS??

(did that for you George!! LOL)

You Bad:P

John2571 wrote:

I also need prices as last night I ordered $6000 of LEDs from Magic in the Sky.(I am looking to buy 23 new controllers+ 5 strings of 100 ccb+ up to 6 LOR ccf)

John, are you really 12..or am I missing a joke here?

The numbers you are tossing around suggest more money than you know what to do with (not a bad thing..usually..), but as you can probably see on the forum, there are wide ranging budgets for the hobby, but most not to this extreme..

Jeff Millard wrote:

Let's see if I've been paying attention. What I've gathered is that the production version of the ccb controller will have two ways to get the network signal to it. 1) you can plug the network directly into it as you do with the rest of your system. 2) you can purchase a separate injector that connects to the network, then you plug an extension cord into that injector, and plug the ccb controllers into that cord... downstream of the injector. Due to the low power of the LEDs, you can plug many of them into that cord. The network communicates with the ccb controllers using a signal that is sent over the power cord ( aka power line comm )

I personally don't see an advantage to the PLC if it only involves one element of my display, so my ccb controllers will be connected using cat5.

Jeff

I kind of agree with you Jeff. But have a few more points. If you have one CCB, why bother with plc. If you have two CCBs which are far apart, you would need to put them on the same power cord while a cat5 may be closer.

But if you have a lot of CCBs which are close together say on a mega tree or matrix. PLC would be a good option. These may be on their own network adapter already. In that case the injector would only inject the commands for that CCB network instead of all for the common network. Since they are close and can all use power from the same house power circuit, you can skip the short cat5s.

John2571 wrote:

Yes, I am 12(and a bit to smart for my age!)

Here is a link that might clear up some confusion.
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum81/25276.html

And more money to spend than most of us!

Can you fix your sig and put two bars on top of each other so we don't have to scroll to read the messages.

PaulXmas wrote:

Can you fix your sig and put two bars on top of each other so we don't have to scroll to read the messages.

must be your monitor/display resolution...I don't need to scroll...

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:

I don't have to scroll either check your monitor

And thats just great great a 12 year old smarter than me, well thats not hard LOL :)

John2571 wrote:

I just tried to fix it and I think it worked(I post from an iPad)

yes...they are now on top of one another...

sheesh....$10,000 in lights PLUS an iPad...

Can I be your parent?!?!?!

jimswinder wrote:

John2571 wrote:

Can I be your older brother:D

jimswinder wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:

Dual 1280X1024

No matter it is fixed now

jimswinder wrote:

John2571 wrote:

Better to be his brother older brother ya thats the ticket!