Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sale??

Tom Clapper

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Too bad some of us don't live closer to help/work the sorting/shipping.. you could pay us in controllers or CCRs. :D

Unfortunately it would probably be very short term, 3, maybe 4 days for something like this (I've temped warehouses many times), usually not more than a week, most times, for short term help. And usually at $8.00/hour.

$8.00/hour @ 40 hours = $320, take out the taxes and other stuff, you're left with about $272.00, possibly a little less, maybe a little more.

Chances are, it would only be for about 3 days, then $8.00/hour @ 24 hours = $192.00, take out the taxes and you left with about $163.00 give or take a few bucks.

So depending on what you're looking to get in return for your "help", you may owe LOR more money than you'd have been paid.;)

This is not an actual fact for LOR or anyone, just a comment showing how using and being a temp usually works in this type scenario, and what the average pay is for warehouse help (in my area anyway) for short-term work. Long term usually pays better, anywhere from $9.50 and up to $12.00/hour depending on experience, company pay rates and other criteria also factors into these equations as well.

Occasionally you will get the same rate of pay for a short term position, but it's rare.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• BrownOut

• displaysinmotion_will

• Max-Paul

Orville wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
DonFL wrote:
Got my ship notification a few hours ago...you'll get an email just like you did the order confirmation.

It's typical LOR service..they have your stuff on your doorstep before you know it..

It may take up to two weeks (most likely quicker) to get everything shipped... We just do not have the staff to ship more than 100 orders a day this time of year.

Dan

Hey Dan, ever think of just hiring some TEMP workers through a local temp/staffing agency for a day or two or maybe a week or two to get all your orders out when you have these sales? You can usually get some "cheap" workers for a day or two, or even a couple weeks. I've worked through staffing agencies quite often, and most often temp help pay rates are around the $8-$10 an hour range for "short-term" employment to just help out with packing up items in a warehouse.

Just a suggestion for the next sales event. (If you would want to do something like this.)

I will wait for my stuff instead of LOR tacking on the cost of the temp employees.

I think you have an option to ship faster

Jeff are you sure on your channel count?

If I understand what you are saying and I did my math correct I come up with 738.

Thomas

Guest Don Gillespie

LightORamaDan wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We have tried temp agencies. The problem is that it takes a few days to get people up to speed on how things work and it ends up actually slowing things down in a case like this because the people who know how to do it spend time training and not doing. Also it is a hit-n-miss deal with those agencies. Sometimes you get someone that is really sharp and ready to work other times you get someone who seems to be powered by vision (If they aren't in my vision they aren't moving)

The two guys that do shipping full time year round are on this and they will get this blip handled quickly. They like to ship (not sure why but is good for me!). Perhaps it is better than putting together lockers and cabinets and mopping floors which is what they were doing last week...

We have "repeat" temps that know what they are doing and come in for the summer sale and seasonal rush. Most of them work at schools so they can work full time during the summer and they put in extra time in the winter. Also in the winter we pull people out of production to help with shipping.

Dan

Dan you have a very diplomatic way of handling things, I on the other hand call a spade a spade I to own a very succesful buisness and temp help is a waste of time and money the real smart people have jobs and the ones that don't well do I need to go any further, I would much rather wait for the right shipment to arrive rather than to be suprised when I open up the package and find somebody elses order.

Don Gillespie wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We have tried temp agencies. The problem is that it takes a few days to get people up to speed on how things work and it ends up actually slowing things down in a case like this because the people who know how to do it spend time training and not doing. Also it is a hit-n-miss deal with those agencies. Sometimes you get someone that is really sharp and ready to work other times you get someone who seems to be powered by vision (If they aren't in my vision they aren't moving)

The two guys that do shipping full time year round are on this and they will get this blip handled quickly. They like to ship (not sure why but is good for me!). Perhaps it is better than putting together lockers and cabinets and mopping floors which is what they were doing last week...

We have "repeat" temps that know what they are doing and come in for the summer sale and seasonal rush. Most of them work at schools so they can work full time during the summer and they put in extra time in the winter. Also in the winter we pull people out of production to help with shipping.

Dan

Dan you have a very diplomatic way of handling things, I on the other hand call a spade a spade I to own a very succesful buisness and temp help is a waste of time and money the real smart people have jobs and the ones that don't well do I need to go any further, I would much rather wait for the right shipment to arrive rather than to be suprised when I open up the package and find somebody elses order.

Agree.

(Have a feeling I better go get the popcorn popping though. ;))

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Agree.

(Have a feeling I better go get the popcorn popping though. ;))

Just sat down in my lazy boy getting ready to watch the show ;);)

Don Gillespie wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Well lets not go crazy with this one (note for those who have the popcorn popping!)...

Guest Don Gillespie

LightORamaDan wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Well lets not go crazy with this one (note for those who have the popcorn popping!)...

come on yesterday was comercials today should be popcorn :P

I bought two too many from the march madness sale. So I have two for sale! I just cannot believe how they are not gone yet!

[align=center]Two Brand New In The Box,[/align][align=center]CTB16PC Controllers for Trade or Sell!.[/align][align=center]I want to trade for two New CCR's![/align]