Light-O-Rama Forums

Who is still 100% incandescent?

JeffF

Jeffrey wrote:

About the only place I see LEDs in our future are C7s up on the roof. I'm getting tired of replacing lights that have had their outside color coating come off. :X

I caved. :) After a few dry runs I noticed that our red C7s were horribly crackling and about 25% of them just had white light showing through.

Ordered 300 replacements from Action Lighting and damn they look nice up there. I was afraid I'd have to adjust the fading to match the incandescent C7s we still have but they act very similar.

No way I'll be converting everything over due to cost, but I will definitely be replacing our yellow C7s next year.

-Jeff

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JeffF

• edvas69

• TitusCarnathan

100% incandescent...when leds come down in price maybe but until then...no way....would cost me about 9000.00 dollars...ikessssss........ill wait..to much money i dont have.......50000 lights and growing:shock:

LEDs sure are expensive. And I don't believe they ever pay for themselves in reduced power consumption. And while they claim to last nearly forever, my display changes more often than that.

But I am converting to LEDs (as budget permits) for two reasons. I really like their color and brightness. They are much more monochromatic than incandescent and I happen to like that. Also, they use less power. I don't care about my power bill because it is small. But less power translates to simpler power distribution planning.

Want to add another string or two over there? With LEDs I don't run to the spreadsheet and worry about blowing fuses.

• 2 weeks later...

JBullard wrote:

And $15 for a strand of LEDs ? No Way. My average cost for my 40,000 plus strands of quality, sealed, full wave strings is only $7.26. Avg cost of over 700 strands of 50, 70 and 100 ct lights

EDIT: No Dimming problems, no snubbers.

I was wondering where do you get your LED strands from?

Jeremy B.

brownjm74 wrote:

JBullard wrote:

And $15 for a strand of LEDs ? No Way. My average cost for my 40,000 plus strands of quality, sealed, full wave strings is only $7.26. Avg cost of over 700 strands of 50, 70 and 100 ct lights

EDIT: No Dimming problems, no snubbers.

I was wondering where do you get your LED strands from?

Jeremy B.
Paul at CDI during his Jan presale