• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Roberson

• rgardner518

• jimswinder

• Tim Fischer

DonFL wrote:

Was paypal the vendor? If not, then I'd say if the vendor told you "no need to pay" I'd say fine, keep your money.

Since they weren't the vendor, they really don't have a standing as far as whether you should pay or not; not their call. Like a lot of credit card companies, they may very well have refunded your money, and kept the vendor whole.

In NY-Yankee's case, he got the FULL order, not just half. He didn't LOSE anything...he got the full order, kept the 50% refund he got. Rationalize all you want, but that's theft, no matter how bad the vendor is...

Well, after I was issued the refund FROM the vendor back through paypal, they never requested the items back, nor could I make contact with them since they blocked me from doing so.

So in this case, it WAS THEIR LOSS, not mine. After all, if you can't contact them because they got p.o.ed because you brought a "valid"complaint against them, it's their own fault.

On NY_Yankkes issue, sorry, but I still have to disagree, TIME, EFFORT and PHONE CALLS COST MONEY when trying to get an issue resolved, so if NY_Yankee got a full refund and product WAS SHIPPED AFTER that fact, THAT IS VENDOR ERROR and NY_YANKEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for someone else's mistake in that respect. And I'm pretty sure the law would be on NY_Yankees side under such an issue. Now if the vendor wants the items back, they can pay in advance for all shipping and handling fees to get the item(s) back, otherwise, I'm not sending anything back ON MY DIME either!Especially if I had done business with them and this happened to me, not with all the issues I've read about this person and their practices, they'd be hard pressed to get the items back UNLESS I was sent the $$ to do so FIRST!

Just glad I have and NEVER WILL order from this person or site. It is engrained in my brain to avoid doing business with LEDHolidayLighting or Travis whatsisname. Mainly from ALL the HORROR STORIES I've read about others peoples misfortune with dealing with this entity!

joneslights wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:
smiley-eatdrink033.gifsmiley-eatdrink031.gif

Nice.... :D

I'd agree. I thought that was one of the best!!!

Between the:

"ledholidaylighting.com collects money but does not ship orders" problems.
to..
I finally got all my lights, but am not going to send back the half refund I got.
to..
The praises of CDI does no wrong disagreements.

.....there are many story lines to follow in this thread. : )

Orville wrote:

DonFL wrote:
Was paypal the vendor? If not, then I'd say if the vendor told you "no need to pay" I'd say fine, keep your money.

Since they weren't the vendor, they really don't have a standing as far as whether you should pay or not; not their call. Like a lot of credit card companies, they may very well have refunded your money, and kept the vendor whole.

In NY-Yankee's case, he got the FULL order, not just half. He didn't LOSE anything...he got the full order, kept the 50% refund he got. Rationalize all you want, but that's theft, no matter how bad the vendor is...

Well, after I was issued the refund FROM the vendor back through paypal, they never requested the items back, nor could I make contact with them since they blocked me from doing so.

So in this case, it WAS THEIR LOSS, not mine. After all, if you can't contact them because they got p.o.ed because you brought a "valid"complaint against them, it's their own fault.

On NY_Yankkes issue, sorry, but I still have to disagree, TIME, EFFORT and PHONE CALLS COST MONEY when trying to get an issue resolved, so if NY_Yankee got a full refund and product WAS SHIPPED AFTER that fact, THAT IS VENDOR ERROR and NY_YANKEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for someone else's mistake in that respect. And I'm pretty sure the law would be on NY_Yankees side under such an issue. Now if the vendor wants the items back, they can pay in advance for all shipping and handling fees to get the item(s) back, otherwise, I'm not sending anything back ON MY DIME either!Especially if I had done business with them and this happened to me, not with all the issues I've read about this person and their practices, they'd be hard pressed to get the items back UNLESS I was sent the $$ to do so FIRST!

Just glad I have and NEVER WILL order from this person or site. It is engrained in my brain to avoid doing business with LEDHolidayLighting or Travis whatsisname. Mainly from ALL the HORROR STORIES I've read about others peoples misfortune with dealing with this entity!

In your situation, sounds like you made an honest effort to make it right and resolve. Point taken, I stand corrected.

As far as the other issue that is creating a run on popcorn (grin), we'll just have to agree to disagree..:D

Carlo Schmitt wrote:

Is this how companies are runned? Travis started a web buisness collecting money, and does not wharehouse anything? Oh!

Thats absolutely correct! He does not warehouse anything. Thats why he usually needs half up front. He's using that money to buy from his vendors. And because his vendors are over sea's, the shipping in cargo freight containers, "boat" shipping, is why he cannot ship until months later. He does have some product he knows will sell by Christmas, that he buys extra of, but for the most part, he stores nothing. He told me this all, at one time while dealing with him back in March.

Have you seen what he looks like, or what his warehouse looks like. There is a video out there from when he was on the news, once. But my picture shows a little. The video here does not load for some reason.

Check out all of this link!
http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews/decoration-contractors-party-convention/seasonal-impressions-in-jordan-mn-96016250

Attached files 215478=11989-Travis.jpg

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I have had nothing but issues from Travis. I bought from the spring sale in Feb. and paid half via paypal. In july he was to ship it out. So I paid the second half as per the agreement of the sale. ! month later hafter nothing happened, I filed a claim with paypal. I won half of my money. My order totaled $795. I paid $397.50 in feb. But because it was over the 45 days I lost it. BUT I did get the other $397.50 back. And another month later he finally shipped the Whole order. I cried via email to both me and PayPal asking for his money back, and truthfully, I should have given the second half back. But with all of the issues I had, and running around I did calling him at work and home, I felt it was his loss for poor customer service. I too don't need large lots like Paul sells, but his customer service seams, by far better! I had some bulbs arrive damaged from Travis because of poor packaging. So I called Paul to get them and he sent them in one week! Thats the service I like.

As a Phillies fan, I hate to defend a Yankee, but...

If I'm reading this right Travis took the second half of the payment under the pretense of being ready to ship. It took him over a month to do so, at which point the dispute was filed with PayPal, and half the money refunded.

It was another month before Travis finally shipped the lights? At that point he knew he'd lost the dispute and the money was refunded, he chose to ship anyway.

Now maybe he was so busy, he never saw the dispute, and never realized the payment had been refunded. Maybe. I have a hard time feeling bad for him. If he can't run his business well enough to keep track of payments and disputes (and we know he can't run it well enough to ship the right product to the right people at the right time...) he deserved to lose that $400.

There are many people hear losing hundreds or thousands of dollars. They're all learning a lesson about doing business with this guy. Sounds like Travis learned a $400 lesson about keeping better track of his finances.

Keep the money, Yank. You did nothing wrong.

I think people have expressed their concerns, related their experiences and given their opinions and we can now close this thread.

I doubt that any addtional posts will really make a difference. I think that this thread could only go downhill from now on and certianly people have had a chance talk.

Dan