Light-O-Rama Forums

ledholidaylighting.com collects money but does not ship orders

itphone

eluttmann wrote:

I may have to order plugs soon from someone else...

CDI has them...just ordered another 100 Female plugs..they will be here tomorrow...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Roberson

• rgardner518

• jimswinder

• Tim Fischer

jldavis1969 wrote:

Home depot has them too. Search for "slide on plugs".

Seen this info in another thread.

I may be wrong, but I think the Home Depot plugs are for SPT1 wire...

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Can't believe after all of the negative pub this guy got last year ANYONE wasted their time this year again. To have to call anyone period, is a joke with the quailty of service that others offer. I went to Paul at CDI and he was constantly keeping us updated on when containers where shipping and when he expected product to be on his floor as well as when it was shipping to you. There are others out there that would love to have the business. If any post made that tries to steer people clear gets deleted when there are MANY complaints as well as that BBB rating of F, the one responsible for doing it should be gone after for the money you can't get back. I'm just sayin....

Lenny

Not everyone is a satisfied customer of Paul's. I have been told "the lights may not meet your expectations" by Paul. My expectations were that the blue LEDs I got from him could be dimmed (like he said they could) without dying!!!

I understand this is a "ledholidaylighting.com" problems thread. Just had to add my 2 cents to to the praises of CDI.

btw I am still waiting for my spt plugs from Travis.

If you were refering to a couple of years ago that was a manufacturer issue and Paul did a pretty good job of replacing the defective lights. I still use mine after I rebuilt all my own rectifiers and they are still going. I have bought from Travis too and I guess I have been lucky because I never had any problems with the lights or the communications. Last year he mentioned he was on a gag order about the lawsuit and wasn't allowed to say anything. I can't help but wonder if something similar could be going on. My only wish is if Paul could sell individual strings like Travis but perhaps splitting boxes up is the cause of Travis' troubles. Most times I don't need 12 of 1 color at a time.

Keith Adams wrote:

If you were refering to a couple of years ago that was a manufacturer issue and Paul did a pretty good job of replacing the defective lights. I still use mine after I rebuilt all my own rectifiers and they are still going. I have bought from Travis too and I guess I have been lucky because I never had any problems with the lights or the communications. Last year he mentioned he was on a gag order about the lawsuit and wasn't allowed to say anything. I can't help but wonder if something similar could be going on. My only wish is if Paul could sell individual strings like Travis but perhaps splitting boxes up is the cause of Travis' troubles. Most times I don't need 12 of 1 color at a time.

It was a manufacturer switch that we knew nothing about that caused all the problems.
Yeah, it was 24 sets of my replacement lights that were bad and needed replaced. These bad replacements is what I was told "may not meet my expectations". If those 24 blue replacement sets had been good or been replaced with good ones I would have ordered from him again. I got a total of around 120 sets of replacements. All but these 24 worked fine.

I am still waiting on my spt plugs from Travis.....

Keith Adams wrote:

Thats the challenge I have..as a newbie, Paul selling things in the quantity he has is what just makes it unrealistic for me. Maybe next year, as I expand...

That said, Travis has been removed from my bookmarks...:P

Keith Adams wrote: My only wish is if Paul could sell individual strings like Travis but perhaps splitting boxes up is the cause of Travis' troubles. Most times I don't need 12 of 1 color at a time.
If Paul did that and let his pre sale go through febuary he would have all my business.I spend more money after i get my tax returns back :P

Just an FYI to help other from getting screw over by Travis @ ledholidaylighting.com and just in case they don’t see any of this information on this forum or any other sits before going to ledholidaylight,com, you can login at ledholidaylighting.com, go to any item and click (more info) under the picture then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on (rate or review this product) and then enter in your info on how long it took or how you still do not have your order and don’t buy from him. There will be a greater chance that people will see that before falling in to Travis’s black hole.:shock:

Picking onesie twosy items like Travis is just too hard to keep up with. We usually get 500 - 700 pre orders from all over the United States and Canada. I really think that is what got him into trouble and I was surprised this year that he did it again but that must be his business model. We work with commercial accounts and cities as our primary business model. I just started working with the home enthusiast about 3 - 4 years ago. Although it has become a growing part of my business and I due appreciate everyone's orders, it is the part of my business that requires excessive follow up. I just can't do the small order business like some of the other vendors that are just getting into this business and keep up our quality control.

paul sessel wrote:

Picking onesie twosy items like Travis is just too hard to keep up with.  We usually get 500 - 700 pre orders from all over the United States and Canada.  I really think that is what got him into trouble and I was surprised this year that he did it again but that must be his business model.  We work with commercial accounts and cities as our primary business model.  I just started working with the home enthusiast about 3 - 4 years ago.  Although it has become a growing part of my business and I due appreciate everyone's orders, it is the part of my business that requires excessive follow up.  I just can't do the small order business like some of the other vendors that are just getting into this business and keep up our quality control.

That is not what got Travis in trouble, what got him in trouble was taking peoples money and not giving some of them their products that they paid for. I do see what you are saying that it would take a longer amount of time to get the products out to the customers doing onesie twosy but a good legit business person/owner would either fill the customers order or if they run out return the money for the products they can't provide. That is not what Travis F. from ledholidaylighting.com does if he can't fill the order he will string you along if you paid by Paypal until after the 45 days claim dead line and then you will not hear from him and he will keep you money as posted by many people on the internet.

paul sessel wrote:

Picking onesie twosy items like Travis is just too hard to keep up with. We usually get 500 - 700 pre orders from all over the United States and Canada. I really think that is what got him into trouble and I was surprised this year that he did it again but that must be his business model. We work with commercial accounts and cities as our primary business model. I just started working with the home enthusiast about 3 - 4 years ago. Although it has become a growing part of my business and I due appreciate everyone's orders, it is the part of my business that requires excessive follow up. I just can't do the small order business like some of the other vendors that are just getting into this business and keep up our quality control.

I sure have appreciated your great customer service over the last two years Paul...

Great customer is hard to find. I'm still looking for it. ; )
I thought this was a thread about ledholidaylighting.

I'm not able to sing the CDI praises.
According to my pm's n email I'm not alone.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Great customer is hard to find. I'm still looking for it. ; )
I thought this was a thread about ledholidaylighting.

I'm not able to sing the CDI praises.
According to my pm's n email I'm not alone.

Show me a company that doesn't have at least a couple complaints, and I'll show you one that likely doesn't do much business. It's why I always look at vendor feedback as a whole...

Not only looking at this thread, but others, its pretty obvious you have a much better chance of getting what you ordered, and when you want it, with Paul/CDi...but don't think anyone here said he was perfect.

The subject of the thread, another story.

I've not purchased from either; only one is ever likely to get my business.

DonFL wrote:

I've not purchased from either; only one is ever likely to get my business.

I have purchased from both..last year and this year...got my order both times...

Travis at LED Holiday Lighting took longer to get...

So Paul at CDI has the better customer service in my opinion...

I have had nothing but issues from Travis. I bought from the spring sale in Feb. and paid half via paypal. In july he was to ship it out. So I paid the second half as per the agreement of the sale. ! month later hafter nothing happened, I filed a claim with paypal. I won half of my money. My order totaled $795. I paid $397.50 in feb. But because it was over the 45 days I lost it. BUT I did get the other $397.50 back. And another month later he finally shipped the Whole order. I cried via email to both me and PayPal asking for his money back, and truthfully, I should have given the second half back. But with all of the issues I had, and running around I did calling him at work and home, I felt it was his loss for poor customer service. I too don't need large lots like Paul sells, but his customer service seams, by far better! I had some bulbs arrive damaged from Travis because of poor packaging. So I called Paul to get them and he sent them in one week! Thats the service I like.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I have had nothing but issues from Travis. I bought from the spring sale in Feb. and paid half via paypal. In july he was to ship it out. So I paid the second half as per the agreement of the sale. ! month later hafter nothing happened, I filed a claim with paypal. I won half of my money. My order totaled $795. I paid $397.50 in feb. But because it was over the 45 days I lost it. BUT I did get the other $397.50 back. And another month later he finally shipped the Whole order. I cried via email to both me and PayPal asking for his money back, and truthfully, I should have given the second half back. But with all of the issues I had, and running around I did calling him at work and home, I felt it was his loss for poor customer service. I too don't need large lots like Paul sells, but his customer service seams, by far better! I had some bulbs arrive damaged from Travis because of poor packaging. So I called Paul to get them and he sent them in one week! Thats the service I like.
I really think you should return the $397.50.It was known before the spring pre order that there is a certain amount of risk buying from Travis.The bigger person is the person that does the right thing.You did get all of your lights.

Actually I never new the risk. I researched everything about him, but was blinded by the good prices, and great customer service. back in Nov 2009, Dec 2009, and Jan 2010. He even sent free samples at his expense, trying to win my service. He was very good with customer service, until he got my first payment. Than, it was like he had died! Besides he had plenty of time to ship and show prove of that to PayPal before they refunded me. Remember he shipped me my shipment at least a month AFTER I got the refund. That was his error too, not replying to PayPal emails and missing out, on the claim. Everyone gets SEVERAL emails from paypal over a 10 day period. He should have not shipped it, once I got my money back, and probably he should have offered to ship half to me, or refund my first payment. Ether way its a done deal and I'm not getting anything from him, nor will I be paying him anything!

Call me dishonest all you want, but it is, what it is, and Nothing will change that!

Sorry...

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Call me dishonest all you want, but it is, what it is, and Nothing will change that!

First of all, if you "researched" Travis so expertly, there's NO WAY you couldn't have known what you were getting yourself into. So from where I sit, that makes YOU the fool here.

And don't worry about people calling you dishonest... plenty of us, if not EVERYONE here who reads your post, is already doing just that. And you don't even have to ask. I never thought I'd find myself defending Travis, but sad to say - in this case Travis is by far the better man. Light your lights proudly you dishonest little man, and while you're enjoying the spoils of your dishonesty, how about finding yourself another forum to sully somewhere else.