Light-O-Rama Forums

No Try For Free for me?

LENNY RUEL

Well, apperantly I'm not one of the fortunate few to win the try for free this year.

Bummer:(

But I did just get the notification my order of controllers for this year shipped.

Would have been nice..........

Lenny

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• LENNY RUEL

• rgardner518

• Dan C

Same here. :)

Oh, well. They're slated to arrive tomorrow afternoon, so I can start puttin' 'em together. :D

Cray

When do they normally post the winners, or do they? I thought I saw the winners from last year at some point. I have not received a shipping notice yet, so maybe I'm still in it!

It's the LOR lottery! ! ! !

If I remember correctly (I mean it has been a year and you expect an old man to remember this stuff?) they did not post winner info until all shipments were out the door. Well, thats what I think I remember from last year.

Max-Paul wrote:

If I remember correctly (I mean it has been a year and you expect an old man to remember this stuff?) they did not post winner info until all shipments were out the door. Well, thats what I think I remember from last year.

When an order ships, if it is a TryForFree winner there will be a note in the box that you are a winnner. So when you open your box hopefully there will be a green winners notice.

Once we have shipped all orders we will publish a list of the winners.

Dan

Saw that you are ready to ship mine. Please don't forget to add one of those winner slips to my box! Thanks!

Guest wbottomley

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Well,  apperantly I'm not one of the fortunate few to win the try for free this year.

Bummer:(

But I did just get the notification my order of controllers for this year shipped.

Would have been nice..........

Lenny

Lenny.... don't worry. I never had in all of the years they have been offering it.

But, I saved money and that's good enough for me.

Bill:

Agree with you on the saving money. I couldn't do this if not for the sales guys like Dan and Paul run, just to mention a couple. It was awesome the media coverage I ended up with last year but it's a two edged knife. On one side the traffic count is better which helps the donation box. On the other you have to keep improving and changing things up to keep people coming back. With just having 64 channels last year and wanting to get bigger the only way (and it's still expensive) is by the sales.

While my growth this year is fairly modest compared to most ( 48 more channels and about 15,000 more lights) it's still a good jump. Will I do it again next year? We'll see what the other half says as I'm a bit over budget this year. With still needing a better FM transmitter and a few other supplies the green ticket would be nice. At least with the new lights I went LED so there will be a cost savings in energy and I won't have to run more circuits outside.

Next, I'm looking forward to Carries big get together in a few weeks to spend some time with a lot of the great people I've visited with here and on the PC side. Hoping to get to spend about an hour with the design guru she has coming, from Florida I think to get ideas on keeping things interesting, especially on the years the pocket can't support much.

Lenny

This is a little on topic but I found it interesting.... In an email response to some guy I say "good luck with TryForFree"... He responded that "I have won TryForFree every year you have had it! (at least that is what I told my wife)"

Dan

Only thing there Dan is my wife takes care of the bills so NOTHING sneaks by her. Be nice if I won some serious money bowling to hide, but even there as involved as we are with the sport she usually knows about how I placed anyway. Guess I just have to hope within reason, although she is hesitant, she stays ok with this. She has changed some already. Going in to last year she still wanted a lot of Static lights. After last year she said we should have them all on controllers. So now that I've gone that direction we'll see if she likes it.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Only thing there Dan is my wife takes care of the bills so NOTHING sneaks by her. [snip] Lenny

I'm in the same boat. All accounts are shared and my wife carefully tracks all transactions (looking for fraud, accidental flat screen purchases, etc...) :P

aaron wrote:

How do you know that you won or not?

When an order ships, if it is a TryForFree winner there will be a note in the box that you are a winnner. So when you open your box hopefully there will be a green winners notice

Don Gillespie wrote:

I live in Canada we aren't eligible to win but I at least I got a couple of you LOL

:)

I think the jokes on you, because we are eligible for "TryForFree" Just not the free PC :D

BTW Don are you somehow connected with D&G Gillespie?