Light-O-Rama Forums

The Sale

Brian Mitchell

This is my first order and I ordered a PC kit card and a DC contoller QC plus starter kit with Advanced upgrade. Also ordered from Ebay 2000 led's, 500ea of W,G,R and B. Also ordered 10watt 12V LED's for floods. I'm gonna be real busy once this all arrives. :cool:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ Hvasta

• Dan C

• rstately

• scubado

Hi

I used the MBB 6000 last year. Had some problems due to the cold weather and the fact I had it outside in an insulated box. The transmitter quit about 4 days before the end of the show so I brought it on the house a dried it out with a hair dryer and it worked fine. As far as stereo goes no one even noticed as a matter of fact it means that you can hear all the music no matter which side of the yard you are viewing the lights from. This year the transmitter will be located in the house. You may have trouble locating an extension cable for the antenna due to the size of the cable end.

Mike: From what I'm hearing though I might not want to go crazy with the antennae on these as they are powerful enough for most normal apps just using the short one and keeping everything in the house. My Whole House, I ran the wire outside and still it barely made it two or three houses up the street in either direction the two years I've had it. With the media exposure I had last year and increased traffic expected as my show grows I need to double that so everyone doesn't have to crowd in a 4 lot zone. The view is actually better a couple houses away when you aren't right on top of everything. So I'd like the reception to range farther.

Lenny

I just sold my soul to the Credit Card company for 4 more PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE. That will bring me to 96 Channels. However, since lighting is one of my true loves, I AM going to be a winner in the TryForFree, because there is no nobler cause...Oh except that MLT I put on my CC as well. If I end up losing my soul, my display my quickly become an advertisement!

I live in a cul-de-sac. Never get much traffic and my yard is wedge shaped, making it very hard. This year I have been making preparations to move the display to the back yard - which is a hill overlooking a good part of the town. Plenty of parking and visibility down below. With 3 times the channels, this years show will be very fun.

The MBB 6000 worked fine I got about600 feet either side of the house but the antenna was located rather low to the ground. The 25 foot extension cable will ensure I can get it higher and allow me to mount it on a ground plane to get more range from the 1/4 watt transmitter

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Wow, is that just 32channels, or are you adding 32channels??

I'm starting with 32 channels this year to learn and practice. I already have plans for next year to add another 32 or more and a FM transmitter.

JoelSturman wrote:

I just sold my soul to the Credit Card company for 4 more PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE. That will bring me to 96 Channels. However, since lighting is one of my true loves, I AM going to be a winner in the TryForFree, because there is no nobler cause...Oh except that MLT I put on my CC as well. If I end up losing my soul, my display my quickly become an advertisement!

I live in a cul-de-sac. Never get much traffic and my yard is wedge shaped, making it very hard. This year I have been making preparations to move the display to the back yard - which is a hill overlooking a good part of the town. Plenty of parking and visibility down below. With 3 times the channels, this years show will be very fun.

Joel, I would like to come and see you show this year. I live in Clearfield, So traveling there is not that far.

You will only need find the Springville High School and go East and you should see it. I would like to do a field trip myself. There are so many I have not seen yet.

I was about to put in my order, when I got an email from LOR containing information on the new Whole House Transmitter 2.0. Anyone have any thoughts on this new offering? I was going to go ahead and purchase the MBB 4000, but am now wondering if I should just get the WHT 2.0 with my 2 new controllers. I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has.

Avoid the WHT. Almost anything would be better than that. The EDM or MBB are highly praised on forum. Most love it above the Ramsey FM25. I have a Ramsey and it is awesome in comparison to the WHT, which I have also used. There are plenty of threads in the forums about the transmitters, and occasionally a group buy.

Thanks, Joel!

I was debating the MBB 4000 and Ramsey 30, and was going to go with the MBB since I am not that handy with a soldering gun and want to avoid the whole assembly issue :)

Appreciate your thoughts here - I hadn't seen anything on the WHT 2.0 yet, hence that is why I posted since it was supposed to be "Major improvement" over the Gold WHT.

eluttmann wrote:

Ordered 4 new controllers, bringing me to 192 channels. Also did "TryForFree".

Okay, after making some additional changes to my plan for this years show I just placed another order for 2 more controllers .. this will bring me to 224 channels this year.

I ordered nine CCRs! Now In hjave twelve! Wish I had more! I also did the try for free! If I win, I'll probably buy more!

gmacw wrote:

I ordered nine CCRs!  Now In hjave twelve! Wish I had more!  I also did the try for free!  If I win, I'll probably buy more!

Care to send any extras you have my way?

When are the winners announced for the drawing? I'm hoping to know before they ship so I can say "Just send me more cards with my order!" ;)

I'm adding just a couple channels this year...

Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Card Assembled (Complete PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE) 10 - 185.95
Cosmic Color Ribbon - CCR-Power-Supply 2 15.95
CMB-16D-QC Deluxe DC Card CMB16D-QC 2 79.95
Subtotal 2051.30
Coupon discount -41.03
(tryforfree)
Subtotal 2010.27
Shipping 72.53
Tax 0.00
Total 2082.80

Quick question ... from a newbie.

I ordered some controllers during the sale and did the Try for Free option.

I got a confirmation email but I have not seen the charge go on my credit card.

Is this normal ?!

Dave

Dave this is normal. The won't charge your credit card until they are ready to ship your order.