Light-O-Rama Forums

The Sale

Brian Mitchell

Everyone is always curious. What new goodies are headed your way?

I ordered two new PC controllers officially bringing me to 192 channels.

Of course I entered the tryforfree.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ Hvasta

• Dan C

• rstately

• scubado

I ordered 3 more PC controllers and upgraded my software from Basic to Standard.

and of course I entered the Try for Free.

I ordered 3 pc controllers and 1 DC controller ( for my rainbow floods )

I placed my order by phone this morning, @#$$% paypal wasn't co operating last night. Was online at midnight trying to get my place in line. As of 11 a.m. this morning there are 200 orders ahead of me.:(

I got two CCR's and one of the new DC controllers with the Quick Connects since they were $15 cheaper than the ones with screws. It says they wont ship until the end of August but with the Try For Free promotion, all of my stuff probably wouldn't ship until then anyway.

I've ordered 4 of the CMB16D-QC's (newer cheaper DC boards with spade lug connectors)

I also got one of those usb cables with the ferrite filter on it - I'd like to have it handy if I get interference (in 2009 I moved the location of the controlling computer and there is a lot of electrical devices around judging by the loud buzzing from the fm transmitter's old position).

Phoned them and placed my order.

2 x pc 16 ch ready to go controllers, fuses, cat5 cable and spare usb485 adapter.

I was also told there were 200 orders in front. That was 3.30pm UK Time (10.30AM EST)

Wahoo! just added another 64ch... 'dont know WHAT I was thinkin' =)

=========================================================
This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order from Light-O-Rama

CTB16PC Kit (add options) CTB16PC-KIT-OPTIONS Quant: 4 @ 89.95
Enclosure = None
Heatsinks = Low Power HS (+0.00)
Output Cordset = None
Supply Cordset = None
Subtotal 359.80
Coupon discount -7.20 (tryforfree)
Subtotal 352.60
Shipping 44.27
Tax 0.00
Total 396.87

Raaaatfarts!! just realized I have to upgrade from Basic+ to Standard to run the other 4 controllers.. 'nother $30 :/

I guess I went a little crazy, oh well.

Name Code Qty Each
Options
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------
CMB-16D-QC Deluxe DC Card CMB16D-QC 2 79.95
Card Assembled (Complete PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE 5 185.95
Country = USA & Canada
Package)
CMB-16D Deluxe DC Card CMB16D 2 95.95
MP3 Director Connection MP3-Connector 1 9.95
Header
CTB16 Input Connector (3 CTB16-Input-3 4 7.95
inputs)
USB-RS485 Isolated USB485-ISO 1 85.95
Adapter
Subtotal 1409.25
Coupon discount -28.19
(tryforfree)
Subtotal 1381.06
Shipping 62.64
Tax 0.00
Total 1443.70

:shock:

I added 3 CTB16PC to the 3 I already have.

Also went for the TRYFORFREE!!!!!

Picked up 4 scoops of CTB-16PC, topped with CMB-16D, with a bag of fuses (one just never knows - no problems last year, but . . .) for sprinkles.

Order placed online at 0536, also with TryForFree.

Should bring me up to somewhere around 112 channels. Now all I gotta do is finish the other 13 (or so) projects so I'll have something to plug into those channels.

Cray

Well I am not going to put a big hurt on anyone with my order. Just 2 of the PC kits. So thats 179 after the discount and the -2 bucks for the TryForFree, all in all 200 bucks rounded a few cents.

But I did get a 16 DC card this past winter to add to last years hardware along with these two cards. I think that total will be 5 PC cards and 1 DC for 96 whapping channels. Woohoo. :(

Looking at all the DC cards you guys are getting, are they for LEDs or just going with DC cards to run incand minis? Not sure what the difference or application is for DC...

Guest wbottomley

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Looking at all the DC cards you guys are getting, are they for LEDs or just going with DC cards to run incand minis? Not sure what the difference or application is for DC...

If you aren't planning to use DC, then order the other controllers.

The DC boards can be used for a variety of other things.

I'm using my DC cards for landscape lights, and for the rainbow floods.
I read last year a guy used them for his sprinkler system. They also work for DC solenoids to run Halloween props. Anything DC.

First order from LOR..

2 AC controllers..kits..and cords

1 DC controller (RB floods, and couple other "maybe" DC things..)

Software package..went all the way...advanced..

With shipping, just over 600..didn't do try for free...I ordered at 6 AM eastern, so thinking at least 100 or so orders in front of me..

Software license arrived within about 30 minutes of order.

I am building from scratch an 8 stick pin wheel. Each stick has 8 WW LEDs in series. Then I put 8 more LEDs on per stick but they are wired so that it creates 8 rings. Thus I can spin 1 or 2 or 4 sticks at a time. And I can also make what looks like an explosion or implosion. So, all of this uses 16 channels at about 26 volts DC. I hope I can master taking videos this year to show what I am talking about.

Good job Don, you should have no trouble building the kits.. might've saved a little $$ going with the Basic+ (4 controllers) instead of Advanced, but at least you'll have it -when- you buy the next 4 kits, like I just did, but forgot to add the software upgrade to Standard =)

DonFL wrote:

Software license arrived within about 30 minutes of order.

Dang. I placed my order about 9:00 am today, and I still haven't gotten my software license yet. I figured it would not be right away because of the sale, but now that I see you got yours right away, I'm curious where mine is.

Dan C wrote:

Dang. I placed my order about 9:00 am today, and I still haven't gotten my software license yet. I figured it would not be right away because of the sale, but now that I see you got yours right away, I'm curious where mine is.

Dan, I don't know what long it takes to get items into this database, but you can check for your license key here. http://lightorama.com/licenseRetrieval.html

While it states it takes up to two hours to send, mine was received in the time it took me to send this message.