Light-O-Rama Forums

Chuck Smith Tread being locked

Al in Raleigh

Dan,

Thanks for being, as always, open and honest. I can't believe that there are individuals that would suddenly split because they just found out something, that has been in place for years. How shallow can some people be. One guy was going to leave, and he only had, what, 18 posts on this forum? That speaks volumes.

It amazes me the petty differences that exist throughout all the forums. I do admire those that forged their way to attempt to provide different venues. Personally and financially. Chuck fits in that category. PC is a common bond. Most of us are here because of it. Those with the negativity, they still monitor PC, and they will monitor here as well. Because in the long run, look at the amount of posts that go on here, and PC. They still lead the others by a long shot.

Thanks Chuck, Dan and John for your candor. You will always have my support. Each one of you has helped me in many ways. Not a butt kisser, I just speak from the heart.

But please, do keep this forum simple.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• friskybri

• Dale W

• Al in Raleigh

Now that more information has been given, I believe that most people understand what is going to happen. I truly hope that the ones that said "Goodbye" have now had time to think about it and will return to the forum. I for one would really miss the input of most of them. Please think about it and log back on, at least long enough to tell me you do not care what I think.:P If not, I will now go back to my "mourning"

coffee. Have a beautiful day.

Thank you Dan and John for the information. I am pleased to see this thread still active. This forum has been very informational and want to see that quality remain.

I think that I have enough information now too.
Al

garyfunk wrote:

Seems much ado about nothing really. If you don’t like Chuck, then don’t read his messages, not that he posts a lot here.

Some of us need to just let Dan run his company and make new products so we can have more fun.

Now, let us all go back to having fun and making blinky lights.

You hit the nail squarely on the head 3 times.I have seen nothing but good on this site until now.Lets get back to being insane the proper way :P Many thanks to the light-o-rama crew and all the members who help all of us insane newbies trying to be crazier then you guys.Thats in a good way.Putting smiles on faces :D

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Chuck has never controlled any posting or user deletion in this forum. He will not control these functions in the new version. Dan, Bob and myself are the moderators. In the entire history of the LOR forum, only one user was deleted -- and he was re-instated when he promised not to excessively annoy other members.

I think this sums it up for Jeff and others that have had problems in the past. Now can we all get a group hug and move on. Or should I break into a song.

I am looking forward to the upgrade, and hoping that a better search function will be included. With the current search, it is difficult to find posts from prior years.

-Steve

Steve Saunders wrote:

...and hoping that a better search function will be included. With the current search, it is difficult to find posts from prior years.

I was thinking the same thing. But I'm not thrilled with how the search results are displayed in the latest version on PC.

The previous version used to show the first couple lines of each post in the search results. Now it just shows the thread title. That's fine if you are doing general research. But if you are looking for a specific answer to a specific question, a snippet of content from each post in the search results used to be very helpful.

bwaldrep wrote:

Interesting that the thread that started this all, the announcement from Chuck about the changes, appears to be gone.

Um ...

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/22339.html

Light-O-Rama Forums > Light-O-Rama General Information > Important Announcements > Forums soon changing.

Well, it is in date order, but it's in WowBB date order. Look at the icons next to it. Been too long since I ran a WowBB forum, but I think one is sticky and one is an announcement .. either way, both get put at the top of the forum. The date sorting goes by post type ... Not the most useful, but I didn't write it :P

I know alot of people are irritated by the way Chuck runs Planet Christmas, but that place is HIS. Around here, Dan is top dog and always will be.

Change illicts many emotions from people.

My only question is whether the new forums will be vB version 3 or 4??

I'm not a big fan of the newer version 4 with the whole content manager look to it, but 6 months from now what ever the change is now won't even be an issue

The drama. This will teach me for taking a break. Can we talk about getting music off youtube again?

iresq wrote:

The drama. This will teach me for taking a break. Can we talk about getting music off youtube again?

Maybe you should start a thread here to "discuss" this. Anybody know a lawyer we could ask? ;)

Back to the original thing, when is "anyday now" going to be? Kinda wondering when "it" will happen.