Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sawyer1206

Light O Rama Wallpaper

Recommended Posts

This may seem silly to some but I would like to have a "Light o Rama" Graphic I could use as a wallpaper on the computer I use to control my lights.

I can get around in photoshop and could come up with something that looked cheesy but I thought I would throw it up for discussion here.

I know there are some graphics guys out there that could do a great job. I thought of doing something like this Windows graphic but have the Light o Rama Graphic floating in place of the Windows logo.

Any suggestions...............


Attached files 195160=10899-black-windows-7-wallpaper-1024x768.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be cool, now I want it too.

Daryl B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan and the LOR crew could make a contest out of this.

The prize could be something simple like a $20.00 LOR store credit.

The walpaper or screen saver could be included with all future LOR software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vic Fortenbach wrote:

Dan and the LOR crew could make a contest out of this.

The prize could be something simple like a $20.00 LOR store credit.

The walpaper or screen saver could be included with all future LOR software.

I like that idea......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or better yet, an LOR desktop gadget that will give a little show status, control panel, visualizer functionality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Millard wrote:

Vic Fortenbach wrote:
The prize could be something simple like a $20.00 LOR store credit.



Vic,

I like the way you think... but I think you got the decimal point in the wrong place... Here, I've corrected it for you... $2000.

Jeff


EDIT: BTW, my desktop wallpaper is a close-up of a CTB-16PC...

A picture of a PC Board is what I was going to do on my own.....glad to see I am not the only one that finds a Printed Circuit board with a couple of resistors and Triacs SEXY!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know your aging when... I'm in the same boat, a picture of my first PC controller on my desktop. What a bunch of Geeks we are!

Cheers

Daryl B.

sawyer1206 wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
Vic Fortenbach wrote:
The prize could be something simple like a $20.00 LOR store credit.



Vic,

I like the way you think... but I think you got the decimal point in the wrong place... Here, I've corrected it for you... $2000.

Jeff


EDIT: BTW, my desktop wallpaper is a close-up of a CTB-16PC...

A picture of a PC Board is what I was going to do on my own.....glad to see I am not the only one that finds a Printed Circuit board with a couple of resistors and Triacs SEXY!!!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone started to make an unofficial brochure for LOR last year (or the year before), I think, he sent me this pic, then his computer crashed, he lost all the info, etc... That's all I can remember, but here is what was started. It looks kinda cool though...


Attached files lorbrochure.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys think of there new web site? I really like it! Looks alittle confusing at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think that picture in the bottom right hand corner of the brochure is Dan's house.

I could be wrong though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Further thinking about this, the new LOR logo on their new homepage is really nice, with the light waves coming out of it. However, I downloaded the image and the quality isn't high enough to make it worth while in a background image. This is to be expected on a website, so it can load quickly but not good enough to for a background image.

Dan my friend, would you be so kind as to post a higher quality image of the logo so I could have a crack at making a background?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Anyone willing to share there pictures?

I will bust out my camera and studio lights and see what I can come up with.....if nothing else I should aleast make a nice photo screensaver. I will post the pictures in the next couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ponddude wrote:

Further thinking about this, the new LOR logo on their new homepage is really nice, with the light waves coming out of it. However, I downloaded the image and the quality isn't high enough to make it worth while in a background image. This is to be expected on a website, so it can load quickly but not good enough to for a background image.

Dan my friend, would you be so kind as to post a higher quality image of the logo so I could have a crack at making a background?:D

I hope Dan responds.....I am looking foward to seeing background!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a simple LOR logo that can be used as desktop wallpaper

The image is a single logo, but when you set it to tile in the windows desktop settings, it looks pretty good as desktop wallpaper.

I am by no means a "professional graphic designer", just having some fun.




Attached files 195385=10918-finished slant org LOR logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have some logos laying around and I will try and look them up. Attached is the LOR desktop background that I use on the laptop I am currently using.


Attached files Desktop.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been trying to match the font but can not find it.
Do you know the name of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

We have some logos laying around and I will try and look them up. Attached is the LOR desktop background that I use on the laptop I am currently using.

That is a great one Dan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Been trying to match the font but can not find it.
Do you know the name of it?


I should know, I have been told about 20 times... send a PM to lightoramajohn he knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok as promised I set up the camera an softbox and got some shots of a CTB16PC Controller. The attached images are small so if anyone is intreasted in using them or others I took I can load them to photobucket where you can download the original High Resolution Image.

Attached files 195428=10923-CTB16PC Small 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The photos lost some of there quality from the upload here so I put a couple of the small images on photobucket. I may take some time and edit some of these in photoshop, if any turn out decent I will post them here.



CTB16PCSmall1.jpg





CTB16PCSmall2.jpg



CTB16PCSmall4.jpg



CTB16PCSmall3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...