Light-O-Rama Forums

XMAS Flood

Ponddude

Looking through the LOR sale and watching my bank account go down and down and down, but there seems to be something missing from the lineup. I had heard that the XMAS flood light was going to be an LOR product, but I don't see if for sale. Is this product not an LOR product or is it not going to be sold this year?

I really wanted to purchase it, but now I don't know if I will need to come up with a different plan.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hoffman

• mnkyboy

• Ponddude

• -klb-

I would like to know too. Do I spend money on more controllers, or wait to buy these and loose out on the sale prices? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

b_Regal78 wrote:

I'm interested as well - this way I can leave MNKYBOY alone...

not bothering me at all.. LOL

I do know this... Craig, Dan and Co are working feverously on these... They made many changes and improvements in the floods..

If you liked what you saw in the Craigs prototypes I was playing with, you will LOVE the floods that are coming!

outside of that, I haven't had "covert access" like I had before, but I will share the only part I know about with you, even though I still can't tell you what it is..

... You will have to go to the source for any further info and his name starts with a "D"

William

Attached files 177008=10110-covert sample.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

joshua wrote:

just curios, what is the xmas flood light?

Try reading thru these...

starting here at post #69

http://talk.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=30371&page=2

Then here....

http://talk.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=30680

These are floods were designed by my good friend Craig Marshall, a fellow lighting enthusist, using only 3 Luxeon Rebel stars ( yes that is only 3 red, 3 green and 3 blue LEDS per flood) and LOR took a BIG notice to them, and hopefully are now in final stages of pre-production.

Craig (with my little bit of my help) was going to mass produce these before he was approached by Dan and his team.

Now they have been redesigned some, and what I understand several improvements unique ideas have been implemented which will make them better than the prototyoes you see here! They are coming to wash a wall near you soon!

William

(temporarly deactivated covert agent)

They do RGB. There have been rumors that they can be controlled with just the LOR protocol as well, not just DMX.

• 3 weeks later...

also saw these at replus!! looks very awesome. any word Dan on a price or will they be available for this year? :cool::cool::cool:

joshua wrote:

saw these at replus!! looks very awesome. any word Dan on a price or will they be available for this year?

DID NOT SEE THESE at replus!! (bummer for me) they do look very awesome. Any word Dan on a price or will they be available for this year?

Maybe third time is the charm?

zman wrote:

DID NOT SEE THESE at replus!! (bummer for me) they do look very awesome. Any word Dan on a price or will they be available for this year?

Maybe third time is the charm?

was in the shadow class room at 4:30 during carson's presentation. i missed most of carson to see these. i figure somone has video of him somewhere.

any news as to when the controller may be available? price? will it be available in any other currents? 350ma? 1000ma? What is the output voltage range? How will it be powered?

• 5 weeks later...