Light-O-Rama Forums

Tennessee Spring Mini

Ron Boyd

It's mimi time. I will be there and will bring the drone but its not an inspire.. LOL.. Special thanks to Doug for letting us have the mini at his house... See everyone soon...

Jeff, drive safely my friend. See you in a couple of weeks.

Andy, really interested to see this new Pixel Hat for the Pi B+. This could be something very good for this hobby, ~$45  for a 12 Universe controller? That's pretty awesome my friend. Will you have any extras at the Mini?

We may have a couple more new folks coming. I have had a few messages from some Facebook friends, Georgia, Lenoir City, Knoxville, just to name a few. Hopefully all will be able to make it.

For all who are coming,, safe travels. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meet some new friends. I'm getting excited about sitting down with a bunch of other lighting nuts and talking about Christmas Lights. 

Thanks Ron.. I did talk to Randall Roberts and he will be flying in on Friday.. See ya when I get there... 

getting there mid afternoon on Friday from So Georgia, anyone going to have a pre-meeting get together Friday evening?

On 3/5/2016 at 10:35 AM, Dennis Cherry said:

You should also have a new display from Franklin, TN coming also.

Dennis

Whats this about Franklin TN??

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

Whats this about Franklin TN??

New member of the East Tennessee group from Franklin is supposed to come to the Mini next week.

22 minutes ago, Ron Boyd said:

New member of the East Tennessee group from Franklin is supposed to come to the Mini next week.

Whats the user ID? I am from Franklin as well and would like to reach out to him.

6 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Whats the user ID? I am from Franklin as well and would like to reach out to him.

Don't know. I'll get in touch with Dennis and see if he's on the forums.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:17 PM, jerrymac said:

getting there mid afternoon on Friday from So Georgia, anyone going to have a pre-meeting get together Friday evening?

Some guys coming in from NC on Friday afternoon may be interested.

Dave

On 3/11/2016 at 10:14 PM, Ron Boyd said:

Don't know. I'll get in touch with Dennis and see if he's on the forums.

Thanks for the info Ron. Reached out to him yesterday and we are in the same housing area. In fact he is just a couple streets over from me.

Small world LOR is :)

• Like 1

Those of you wanting to get together for dinner Friday evening PM me your cell phone numbers. I will let everyone know a time and a place if interested.

I like the pre-meeting as it gives more one on one time. I will be there Doug and ready to eat.. LOL

Jeff

I was really hoping the date of the spring mini was going to work for me because I missed the fall mini last year, but yet again I have a conflict.  I will just have a pity party here and keep my fingers crossed a fall mini happens and that it does work for me this time.  I'm extremely jealous of those of you attending! 

Rory (in Franklin)

Here is a tentative schedule for Saturdays mini. Some of the topics that will get discussed.

Schedule

9:00 -9:30    - Coffee and doughnuts. Meet new friends, chat with old friends.

9:30-10:00   - Introductions

10:00-11:15 – Newest hardware development

11:15-12:00 - Bob0’s tools.

12:00-12:45  - Lunch

12:45 – 1:15 – Drone flying and video. Group picture.

1:15 – 2:30 – Xlights

2:30-2:45  - Break

2:45 -3:30 – Prop Building

3:30 – End – Open discussion covering topics that were brought up during the day.

• Like 1

Remember to bring any props you would like to show off.

If you have any hardware questions make sure and bring the hardware> someone at the mini will be able to help you.

I'm very new to all of this. I met Ron this Christmas. Plan to attend on Saturday pending anything crazy happening. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning.  Safe travels.

Ernie Butler

Lenoir City, TN

Edited by EButler
Can't spell the town I live in
  • Like 1

Project just came up that need my attention this Saturday,   Sorry I won't be able to make the mini (really bummed but )  will be there for the fall mini.  Look forward each year to the great stuff  from the Tenn mini.  

See y'all in the fall !