Light-O-Rama Forums

Seizure Star

Jeff Messer

Jeff,

LOL, Didn't really ever think about it but thats a lot of wiring!! I got the inner and outer stars done. Added some power injection every 20 pixel blocks since I already had to splice them to the next. Was sitting here looking at the amount of work ahead to wire up all the bursts. I am glad I bought a 500' box of wire going to take a bit to finish. Since I don't have LOR and the trial won't output I imported the sequence in HLS and tested it out. So far looks great, can't wait until I get the rest done!

Dave

Got everything all wired up, but made one goof. When I wired the bursts together, I did it with the frame upside down, so instead of like Jeff's CW burst, mine are CCW. 

So I ended up with:

(1 and 12 Start in the same locations as Jeff's, Top of the 8-O'clock burst)

Small Star: 1-10

Large Star: 12-41

(12): 73-76

(1): 68-72

(2): 64-67

(4): 59-63

(5): 55-58

(6): 50-54

(7): 46-49

(8): 11,42-45

(10): 82-85

(11): 77-81

Ran the sequences from this thread but since I added a burst, lengthened one, and wired them CCW it has a few problems. I have always used Vixen so I am trying to learn HLS so I can rearrange these problems. Hopefully I will have some time before the square modules arrive to make these corrections.

Dave

No rush! I just was not sure if you got my PM. I sent you a PM with the channel changes I was going to make for the additional burst at the bottom. I also noticed tonight while putting the lights on the frame that the burst with channels 11,42,43,44 only had four modules where all the like were five, so I added the fifth module there since the frame supports it. This will add a channel 45 at the end and shift every channel after that plus one. 

I have about 67 modules attached to the frame, Hope I can finish the rest tomorrow, then I need to make all the inner connections and once I get the square modules attach those.

Yea the original star had different length arm bursts. Some arm lengths only supported 4 modules and some had room for 5. The crazy channel numbering on the burst along with power injection and rgb orientation of different modules/nodes used was the reasoning behind busting the burst out on there own universe. This also simplified wiring and power management on the star itself.

I can say one thing !!! I am glad mine is wired and hanging on wall. The Seizure Star will be a hit at the show this year with the new pixel tree. Watch out Sandstorm !!!!

dlovely- I would rewire to match as close as you can with mine so we can share sequences back and forth. Just a thought !!! Gets easier when you do it the second time...

Jeff

I can say one thing !!! I am glad mine is wired and hanging on wall. The Seizure Star will be a hit at the show this year with the new pixel tree. Watch out Sandstorm !!!! dlovely- I would rewire to match as close as you can with mine so we can share sequences back and forth. Just a thought !!! Gets easier when you do it the second time... Jeff

Thought about that, but we'll see, its a lot of work with all the heat shrink and tape I used... I don't use LOR just Vixen and moving to HLS. I need to check, but with HLS I think I can just re-order the channels. I will look at what work will be involved in moving the wires around, might possibly get away with just moving one end of each of them, provided the lengths all line up. With a 7 month old in the house its few and far between I have this kind of time I had this weekend to work on it. Wife got a hardwood floor in the bedroom last week... 

Dave

I got the star rewired tonight, It now matches Jeff's but has about 6 modules more. 

(1 and 12 Start in the same locations as Jeff's, Top of the 8-O'clock burst)

Small Star: 1-10

Large Star: 12-41

(12): 55-58

(1): 59-63

(2): 64-67

(4): 68-72

(5): 73-76

(6): 77-81

(7): 82-85

(8): 11,42-45

(10): 46-49

(11): 50-54

Still waiting on the 12V square modules, about two more weeks out I hear. 

Looks like you are heading in the right direction. Just a little copy and paste to cover the other 6 pixels and you will be fine. Get ready to see a bright Star !!!

Jeff

• 3 months later...

Sequences are completed for this year dlovely. Let me know if you want a few of them LOL.

Jeff

Sequences are completed for this year dlovely. Let me know if you want a few of them LOL.

Jeff

wish I could say the same. I am just getting a good start :mellow:

Jeff

Sure, I have not had time to do any sequencing of the star yet, I have not even finished building it yet! Too many other things going on that are taking up all my time.

Thanks Steve.. It was never meant to offend anyone and making negative comments is something I have tried to stay away from. Be proud of the prop and how it works. It was not until this year when I wrote Merry Christmas on a letter but put Merry Xmas that my wife said, " Why did you take Christ out of Christmas". Then she tore up the greeting card. Guess I never looked at it that way.

Jeff

Actually the wife was incorrect.  While taking Greek in college I was told by my Greek professor (actually Greek himself) that the "X" is not actually an "X" but a "CHI".  Which in Greek stands for Χριστός or Christós, which means anointed.   So tell your wife she was wrong, most likely for the first time ever, but she owes you a Xmas card.

Look Mom!  I'm finally using my BA and MA degrees!!!!

-RainyOregonchriStmaS   (oh and since we're being technical the caps in my signature spell my last name)

LOL... I called her into my office to read it for herself.. LMAO.. She jump all over me again... LOL .. She many dont use it for that reason in today life. I see both side of that fence and will make her happy as she does give me the money to buy RGB's. LOL.. OK, Yes she wears the pants...

LOL,

Jeff

• 1 year later...

I will re-frame from using the word Seizure but my nephew has been doing great for the last 12 months as he is on medications now for his seizures and its working well. 

Now for the intend of bringing this back up. This will be the first year I will use the STAR and the sequence that Andy created. Now for the good stuff. I have search all the youtube videos and even asked on the forum if anyone has sequenced this to a pixel tree. Last year I had a Challenge to Dave and he pulled a great sequence out. It would not be fair unless I Challenged him again. So Dave are you up to the Challenge? SandStorm by Darude....  Test of all test I say... With the jumping roof, the Star and your pixel tree sequence I am sure to have a winner !!! Whatcha Say Dave !!!!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Haha OMG you're funny Jeff! Ok I'll do my best to get it in. I hope I can do a decent sequence for it :-)

I am sure many will view it Buddy. I knew you are up to the challenge now... I am sure you will blow it out the water but it will test you for sure.  Glad you have to listen to it in your dreams. LOL .. No words just pure music on this one Good Luck my friend !!!

Now THERE is the understatement of the year so far............Dave and decent sequence don`t even belong in the same sentence...........from the sequences I have seen, a "decent" sequence from Dave will be/is totally awesome!..........sandstorm was one of my big hits this last year.........keeping fingers crossed and eyes peeled for that sequence..........GO DAVE GO!  LOL

Agree Mr. Brooker. I was happy to see Dave take on the challenge. This one will put his talent to a test but should happen fast with Super Star and no images. I am pumped up to see the outcome. Just bought the lights to make the roof jump...  

Edited by Jeff Messer

Update this topic that Mr. Johnson provided us with files he used to make the roof jump to SandStorm. Its like a dream coming true to have the roof jump and Dave making the sequence for the pixel tree.. Go Dave Go...

• Like 1