Seizure Star

Jeff Messer

***** Warning Fast Blinking Lights Ahead*******

OK here we go...... Long awaited Seizure Star has arrived. Special Thanks to Andy H. for his programming talents to bring this beast alive. Plus BobO for giving it the name.

Star was constructed using 12V 2811's nodes and rectangle Pixel's. Programmed in LOR using a J1sys board to run it. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80554399/Star%20Final.MP4 It's a big file. Please let me know your thoughts as it will be on top of my new pixel tree this year.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer
  • Like 1

It will be about 200 feet away and 25 feet high on top of the pixel tree.. I was in the shed but my wife had to leave the building. She wants me to hang it outside so she can see it.

Well I am building everything at my house but I put the show on at my brother in laws house 4 hours away in Hanson, Florida. No worry about them seeing it but wanted to share with everyone here. Hope LOR can keep up with it...

Jeff

That is an attention getter!  Gives me some ideas for my star.  I would love to see a photo of the star construction.

I'm curious as to how you sequenced it.  Was it done in S3, SuperStar, bits of Auto Sequencer, or other?  I have not tackled pixels yet, but this would look so cool on my roof. My plan is set in stone this year, but this might be on the top of the list for next year.  Your star is crazy fantastic!

I nominate we call it the Messer Star.

Scubado,

I was programmed in S3 and best way was to setup each star and then the arms with sw2811's on one universe. Then I put the nodes of the burst on another universe. Yes I know it was a waste of channels but I was unable to make changes as it went from rgb to rbg 9 times.

Geoff gave me the idea a couple years back when i saw the star in his show. I just took it to the next step. First time I wired it I went from retangles to the nodes then to next arm and could not work it out so rewired using two universes. Now wasted channels may be used in the new arches of the side of the pixel tree.

This is my first year with pixels and learning how to program a little. The Aussie forum and chat is a great place to learn this rgb setup. So much help there with fasteddy, Andy, Dougd, WilliamS and Oldman and this list goes on and on. It has been my hangout while working with prop's and setup of show this year plus I have a blast in chat with them.

First time we played the star and was showing it in the forum BobO saw it and named it The Seizure Star so it stuck and I like it !! Andy wanted to tackle it with LOR S3 and did a great job so one of songs this year will be Sandstorm... LOL If I can be of any help let me know.

Jeff

How did you construct the underlying star? Was it purchased somewhere? I'm looking for a good star (for a starburst on top of a light pole).

Thanks