Light-O-Rama Forums
Vfere863

RGB Pixel Utility

Hi khawes,

I forgot to say on the SLIMDX install that you need to download the x86 version. Try re-getting the SLIMDXX and see if that does the job.

Thanks,

Victor

Newbie at trying to create RGB-based props & fixtures. I just downloaded the smart pixel system and it seems very straightforward. I just built four arches that I plan to drop into visualizer. Anyway, my question is--what do I do when I have a prop with RGBs in more than one universe? Also, is there a way to have an arch with more than 50 pixels? My arches have about 100 pixels each. Maybe I have to build "two pieces" to each arch using smart pixel system?? Thanks very much in advance!!!

Same question - is there a way to create more than 50 pixels per string?

Just downloaded this and have some problems.  It's only allowing me to create a "line" element with 50 pixels?  I have a line of pixels on the front of my roof that is 80 pixels.  Also using the window element, I cannot specify a 0 for the bottom to make a door outline.  

Anyway to get around the 50 pixel restriction and what would be the best method for drawing a door outline with 21 pixels on the sides and 12 pixels on top.

Thanks,

Larry

Same question - is there a way to create more than 50 pixels per string?

I just saw this after I posted my same issue.  

Love the direction this is going. I just hope people like you who are willing to write these utilities will help LOR see the light. (Pun intended). When smart pixels became available S3 basically became a dinosaur. Hopefully it will be seriously updated to handle massive props, fixtures and channel loads.

• Like 1

Great software.  Used version 1.0.0.0 to create a bunch of my props for this past year.  when using the E1.31 pixels I was able to create my props as a single prop.  Even though only the first 64 fixtures show up in the list, it does display more of them and controls them fine. You just cant edit them in Visualizer if they have more then 64 fixtures.

Enhancement Request:

1) Ability to use more than 24 strings

2) Ability to use more than 50 pixels per strand

3) Add the Strings and Strands to the Matrix models, and maybe add the location of the controller so you can create a Matrix that uses say 4 strings, each string creating 4 rows or strands, and the #1 pixel could be either the top left, or bottom left

I would love to use this however i cant seem to open it. When i do, i get this.........."Direct3DX was not found..Please install the latest Directx end user redistributable package from microsoft"

I just down loaded DirectX software kit june 2006.

Awesome little utility. Made creating my new RGB props for this year crazy easy.

I got it figured out. I just wish you could export the channel lost from visualizer to the sequencer in LOR. Gonna take me forever to make the list for the tree.

I like where this was going.  Is there going to be further updates?  It really would reduce the workload in making effects if we can export them direct to the SE.

Hi Everyone,

I hope everybody had a fantastic holiday. To start off with I would like to thank everyone for the feedback they have given on my first utility. It has come in handy for the current utility I am working on.

I am here to give you all a first look at the RGB Studio system. This is my latest effort in trying to make and sequence these large models that we can now produce. I have created an initial demo of the system and would like to get some feedback on what the system does.

Here is the link to the demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gbv1hrw53to1tq/RGBStudioDemo.mp4

As I mention in the video this is a very first look and a very rough cut of the system. I will be publishing a beta shortly as soon as I work out a couple of more glitches.

Anyway, enjoy the video and let me know what you think. I will be monitoring the forum so feel free to send in your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Victor

Looking good. Let me know when you get the beta out and I'll put it through the paces again. Thanks for the work you put into this to help us all out.

Ron

Hi All,

I am going to release RGB Studio Beta 1 to allow all of you to put it thru its paces. Now it is a BETA and there are known problems with it but for the most part it does work. Here is some additional information about what has just been implemented.

• Number of Pixels has a max value of 100.
  • Pixels per String has a max value of 300.
  • NEW - Starting node position.

I have also been working on the sequence grid along with correcting the button states in certain areas. These areas are still a work in progress.

There is currently no installer for this system but if you download the zip file from the link provided and then unzip it to an empty folder and run the executable the system should work for you. You will need the .NET 4.0 FULL Framework installed. If you don't have it use your favorite search engine and look for the download that installs it. Please make sure you get if from Microsoft's site.

Here is the link to the RGB Studio BETA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocamdq72j9h5vzo/RGBStudioBeta1.zip

Please let me know of any issues and also please enjoy the software.

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by Vfere863
  • Like 1

Is there any more video on using the sequencer?  The one that I saw from your drop box seems to end jsut as you a starting to show how to use the sequencer.

Please keep up the good work on this project.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I need to look at why the video is stopping. What I can suggest is that you download the video and watch it thru Media player or some other video player. I did this and I was able to see the full video.

I will try and put together another one once I figure out what happened.

Thank,

Victor

Hi All,

I just updated the beta system. The link should be the same and I am now incrementing the version numbers for tracking. This version is 1.0.1.0.

I added some more nutcracker effects and also continued to work on the sequence grid. The grid now has a context menu, just select an item then right click it and the menu should appear.

Along with that as I mentioned I have been working with the grid and selecting times. There is still work to be done but I believe it is performing better now.

Anyway, let me know your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Victor

Hi All,

I am getting ready to release the next version of RGB Studio. It's version number will be 1.0.9.0. With this version you will need to make sure you have the .NET Framework 4.5.1 install in order for the system to run. I moved to the latest .NET release to take advantage of additional language features.

You can search for this framework by looking up the following: .NET 4.5.1 Framework downloads. When I do a search in Bing it is the first item in the list.

I am also getting ready to do another video demo that will go over the system an I will drill in more on the sequencing.

Anyway, thanks for helping with this and I hope you all enjoy the app.

Victor

Edited by Vfere863
  • Like 1

I am able to create all my elements in RGB studio, however when I load the props in the LOR Viz, it says I cannot use the channel wizard because there are no fixtures.  Got a fix or workaround for this?

Hi Larry,

Can you give me some details on the prop you are creating. I can then take that and try and duplicate the problem.

Thanks,

Victor

Victor

I think you replied to the wrong Larry! Hopefully he will see it.

Thanks

The wrong Larry

Hi Larry,

Can you give me some details on the prop you are creating. I can then take that and try and duplicate the problem.

Thanks,

Victor

I finally got it to work.  I created each of my elements in multiple parts and then imported them into the viz.  Looking forward to the updated version.

Thanks,

The Right Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks,

Victor

Even though i got it to work using multiple props, the issue of using the channel wizard on a single prop still remains.  Also when I delete the prop created in RGB studio, it crashes the viz.  Here is my prop and model I created.

Hi All,

I just posted a new version of RGB Studio 1.0.24.0. This version addresses some issues when working with large models and trying to export them to the clipboard file. I also addressed an issue with the model not being selected when loading an existing project file. Many thanks to OurMikeyRocks for pointing out the issues.

If you like take a backup of the existing system then grab the link and install the latest and run it Please post out any issues you may find.

Thanks and enjoy,

Victor

Hi Larry,

Not sure what is going on with the prop you sent over. What I did do was loaded the model in RGB Studio and the exported it out as a single prop file. I then went into visualizer and create a new scene and imported the prop. In group mode I brought up the wizard and exported the prop file. I then exited the visulizer and then restarted it. At that point I then created another blank scene and inserted the prop. When I brought up the wizard again I was able to run the channel wizard. Not sure if this will help or work for you but you can try it.

With visualizer crashing this is usually because the models(props) being loaded into and existing scene exceed the limits of the visualizer. Now single files should not be giving you those types of issues, at least from my testing here, but I can't say for sure as it may depend on setups and things of that nature.

Anyway, I hope this helps and I will definitly keep looking to see if I can identify the issue and I will keep the community posted.

Thanks,

Victor

• Like 1

Hi Larry,

Not sure what is going on with the prop you sent over. What I did do was loaded the model in RGB Studio and the exported it out as a single prop file. I then went into visualizer and create a new scene and imported the prop. In group mode I brought up the wizard and exported the prop file. I then exited the visulizer and then restarted it. At that point I then created another blank scene and inserted the prop. When I brought up the wizard again I was able to run the channel wizard. Not sure if this will help or work for you but you can try it.

With visualizer crashing this is usually because the models(props) being loaded into and existing scene exceed the limits of the visualizer. Now single files should not be giving you those types of issues, at least from my testing here, but I can't say for sure as it may depend on setups and things of that nature.

Anyway, I hope this helps and I will definitly keep looking to see if I can identify the issue and I will keep the community posted.

Thanks,

Victor

Will give it a go.  Thanks.

Hi All,

I just posted a new version of RGB Studio v1.0.26.0. This version corrects some loading project bugs as well as optimized export clipboard functionality. As before if you like back up your existing installation and files and then install this new version.

If you have any issues please let me know.

Thanks,

Victor