Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixel Utility

Vfere863

Hi All,

I am getting ready to release the next version of RGB Studio. It's version number will be 1.0.9.0. With this version you will need to make sure you have the .NET Framework 4.5.1 install in order for the system to run. I moved to the latest .NET release to take advantage of additional language features.

You can search for this framework by looking up the following: .NET 4.5.1 Framework downloads. When I do a search in Bing it is the first item in the list.

I am also getting ready to do another video demo that will go over the system an I will drill in more on the sequencing.

Anyway, thanks for helping with this and I hope you all enjoy the app.

Victor

Edited by Vfere863
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am able to create all my elements in RGB studio, however when I load the props in the LOR Viz, it says I cannot use the channel wizard because there are no fixtures.  Got a fix or workaround for this?

Hi Larry,

Can you give me some details on the prop you are creating. I can then take that and try and duplicate the problem.

Thanks,

Victor

Victor

I think you replied to the wrong Larry! Hopefully he will see it.

Thanks

The wrong Larry

Hi Larry,

Can you give me some details on the prop you are creating. I can then take that and try and duplicate the problem.

Thanks,

Victor

I finally got it to work.  I created each of my elements in multiple parts and then imported them into the viz.  Looking forward to the updated version.

Thanks,

The Right Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks,

Victor

Even though i got it to work using multiple props, the issue of using the channel wizard on a single prop still remains.  Also when I delete the prop created in RGB studio, it crashes the viz.  Here is my prop and model I created.

Hi All,

I just posted a new version of RGB Studio 1.0.24.0. This version addresses some issues when working with large models and trying to export them to the clipboard file. I also addressed an issue with the model not being selected when loading an existing project file. Many thanks to OurMikeyRocks for pointing out the issues.

If you like take a backup of the existing system then grab the link and install the latest and run it Please post out any issues you may find.

Thanks and enjoy,

Victor

Hi Larry,

Not sure what is going on with the prop you sent over. What I did do was loaded the model in RGB Studio and the exported it out as a single prop file. I then went into visualizer and create a new scene and imported the prop. In group mode I brought up the wizard and exported the prop file. I then exited the visulizer and then restarted it. At that point I then created another blank scene and inserted the prop. When I brought up the wizard again I was able to run the channel wizard. Not sure if this will help or work for you but you can try it.

With visualizer crashing this is usually because the models(props) being loaded into and existing scene exceed the limits of the visualizer. Now single files should not be giving you those types of issues, at least from my testing here, but I can't say for sure as it may depend on setups and things of that nature.

Anyway, I hope this helps and I will definitly keep looking to see if I can identify the issue and I will keep the community posted.

Thanks,

Victor

• Like 1

Hi Larry,

Not sure what is going on with the prop you sent over. What I did do was loaded the model in RGB Studio and the exported it out as a single prop file. I then went into visualizer and create a new scene and imported the prop. In group mode I brought up the wizard and exported the prop file. I then exited the visulizer and then restarted it. At that point I then created another blank scene and inserted the prop. When I brought up the wizard again I was able to run the channel wizard. Not sure if this will help or work for you but you can try it.

With visualizer crashing this is usually because the models(props) being loaded into and existing scene exceed the limits of the visualizer. Now single files should not be giving you those types of issues, at least from my testing here, but I can't say for sure as it may depend on setups and things of that nature.

Anyway, I hope this helps and I will definitly keep looking to see if I can identify the issue and I will keep the community posted.

Thanks,

Victor

Will give it a go.  Thanks.

Hi All,

I just posted a new version of RGB Studio v1.0.26.0. This version corrects some loading project bugs as well as optimized export clipboard functionality. As before if you like back up your existing installation and files and then install this new version.

If you have any issues please let me know.

Thanks,

Victor

Victor, I've downloaded and tried your RGB Studio but each time I try to import a newly created pixel file into the visualizer, it crashes it. Suspecting that I was over my limit, I created a new visualizer with nothing but the background picture, then imported the pixel tree into it...still crashes it. This was a simple 12x50 tree and nothing else. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, praise Victor... the almighty creator of pixel software heaven! Not only is this a fantastic tool for all newbs and I'm sure experienced alike but it actually looks good and works well. So thank you so much for your work. If you ever open up to donations I'll be first in.

I have also had a problem similar to dgrant. The first time I imported a props file into visualizer it was fine. I could go to properties and, although the channel export wizard was greyed out, I could go there. However, since deleting that prop and starting from scratch, visualizer crashes whenever I try to get to properties. I figure it must be something with visualizer itself and have searched for files that might now be cached or stuck and cause the problem. However, I can't find any. Tomorrow I'll try a full uninstall/reinstall of LOR and see if I can import a prop and go to properties again. In the meantime, I'm wondering if dgrant has had any luck or if Victor has any idea what might be happening.

Thanks again!

Nah I did exactly that too, a full reinstall of the software and I insured everything was deleted first. Something in the pixel file addition, causes it to crash and I'm not over the 1024 limit. So there's something in there that doesn't like the visualizer or the visualizer doesn't like it. I agree that Victor is the best when it comes to pixels!

Hi all, couple of questions if anyone can help:

Strings and pixels per string is fine. I assume strands x 2 means each string will go up and down, or down and up rather than just top to bottom... is that correct? So if I my strings are 70 pixels and I want 16 individual lines I would set 8 strings, 70 pixels, 2 strands?

My next question then relates to setting up the universes. If I was to use something like the j1sys ECG-P12R controller I would connect each string separately to 8 different channels - so 8 different universes. To get the correct channel output from RGB studio I believe the right way would be to:

- set universe 1 (not using any other uni's at this stage)

- first channel 1

- last channel 210 (70 pixels x RGB)

By the looks of the channel layout in visualizer I think I'm right but just wanted to see if people agreed with my logic?

Many thanks,

Bob

The newest controller the P12S, the onboard firmware allows you to change the direction of the strings/strips as you wish and its done by channel number. I found that very helpful on my pixel tree where I've got one universe with three strings in series. The first string is coming down therefore reversed whereas the second string is the normal direction of down and lastly, reversing the 3rd string, makes it go down too.

Hi Vic,

Just using V1.0.26.0 and I can't select my model to use in the sequencer?

On your vid from an ealier version there was an option to chose a model file near the play and stop button.. This version does not seem to have it.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie.

Edited by Jamie Taylor

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vic,

Finally have time to start playing with this properly. I really want to add two RGB megatrees this year but time is running out to get organised! All is working well for me now in sequence editor and visualizer. Something I'm curious about though... do you have your own trick for keeping the actual effects in time with the music? Some effects like the butterfly, circles etc. are probably less vital but with things like the curtain it would be nice to have each repetition of the effect in time with the music. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

The system currently does it's timing at a fixed rate on the intervals. I will look into how to make that more precise.

Thanks,

Victor

Hi All,

I have just posted a new version of RGB Studio. The version number is 1.0.30.0.

New in this version is I have added an additional Nutcracker effect. Waves, it has a lot of different patterns and it very flexible so enjoy.

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by Vfere863

Victor,

Just downloaded it, says it is a corrupt zip file....

Frank

Edited by Frank Farmer