Light-O-Rama Forums
Frank Farmer

Anyone else building a frame for a 12 ribbon CCR tree?

how do most of you guys who have CCR trees keep it up right? and do you lean it back slightly? I'm building one and I am thinking of doing and H base stand at the bottom and put sandbags or cement block to keep it secure along with some guide wires. I just don't have a great place to secure it up against my house. I am building from the specs that frank gave out so it will be a 12 ribbon tree. thanks for any help

The first two years, I had it leaning against the eves of my house.  For 2014 I had to change that because I added GECE lights on the eves, so now I moved the tree about 10 feet and have a piece of unistrut that goes from the frame of the tree to one of the eves.  The tree is almost perfectly vertical.  There is a photo about half way down this page:

http://newburghlights.org/pixel_tree.html

how do most of you guys who have CCR trees keep it up right? and do you lean it back slightly? I'm building one and I am thinking of doing and H base stand at the bottom and put sandbags or cement block to keep it secure along with some guide wires. I just don't have a great place to secure it up against my house. I am building from the specs that frank gave out so it will be a 12 ribbon tree. thanks for any help

Mine is hanging from the 2nd story peak of the roof, and ends before it blocks access to the garage.

post-6132-0-97942100-1454027888_thumb.jp

thank you for sharing how you guys did your trees. My frame should be built by this weekend and then I need to add the star and wait for my strips to come in then test before storing till Christmas. thanks

What is the best distance t view the tree. How close is too close?

How close together is too close as far as spacing between strips? I am doing 16CCR and want higher resolution when using pictures and movies on tree.

Thanks!!