Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ukoberon

The March Mad Grab Sale...

Great a March sale...wooohooooo:)

Not so great....9pm NYC time.....which means 1am in UK :X

8pm CST on a thursday???? Guess nothing for me in this sale. I will be at the bowling alley for the final week of league bowling.

so where do you find the sale prices??

Or am I blind...and dumb?!?!?

I've not received any emails from LOR about the sale and I am signed up for the notification. Just waiting and waiting. The LOR front page doesn't say a thing right this moment but the index link from above shows it now.

I wonder who else says this? I will not be spending a dime on this sale. Lor a damned fine hardware solution is worth the full price. Yes I bought at a sale once and saved ten bucks but, Dan and crew work very hard to produce what we get to use. Sale to clear some inventory I can somewhat understand but there is hundreds if not thousands willing to pay full price including me as I know from dyi world the time spent is well worth the costs. Even if they don't understand its not plug and play.

Guest wbottomley

pyromill wrote:

I wonder who else says this? I will not be spending a dime on this sale. Lor a damned fine hardware solution is worth the full price. Yes I bought at a sale once and saved ten bucks but, Dan and crew work very hard to produce what we get to use. Sale to clear some inventory I can somewhat understand but there is hundreds if not thousands willing to pay full price including me as I know from dyi world the time spent is well worth the costs. Even if they don't understand its not plug and play.

I hate to say it... but you're probably in the minority on that statement. :P

I see the sale items will be sold out within minutes if not seconds.

wbottomley wrote:

pyromill wrote:

I hate to say it... but you're probably in the minority on that statement. :P

I see the sale items will be sold out within minutes if not seconds.

+1

Can't understand that one myself. I mean a sale to save a few bucks "to buy more great stuff". Oh well. To each there own and more for me. :D

To quote (sort of) my wife and me 2 years ago....
Wife: So how much are you saving?
Me: about $200 on 4 controllers
Wife: Then you should buy one more since it is like getting it free!
Me:
Computer : Add 1 more controller to cart and check out!

Errr no edit button.
I know what I want this year and will pay full price but if I can save a little I will.

I say, with the backing of almost every female I've ever known or heard of, that it's un-American to ignore a sale.

George Simmons wrote:

I say, with the backing of almost every female I've ever known or heard of, that it's un-American to ignore a sale.

AMEN George!

I've never been known to pinch pennies. A sale to me means that I get to buy more.

Yay!! I got what I wanted and checked out in 2 minutes. Whew!

Me too!! got 3 DC boards and 2 PC boards. gives me 192 channels

Got 3 more 16 channel controllers.
That puts me at 520 LOR channels, plus an iDMX.

I swear, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

I REALLY wish Dan had posted some videos of the Cosmic Color Floods, though...

:X 9:03 no more CCF's! I have waited many months to get these and I am shut out. I thought these were to be on sale until videos were up.

Bummer!!!

I got on ordered 12 CCRs and there were none avalible:(

UPDATE: 15 minutes into the sale and the following are SOLD OUT:
LOR controllers
fully assembled PC controllers
Mostly assembled PC controllers
CC Floods
CC Ribbon
Mini-Director
CMB-16
ELL

Still available:
CC Pixels
PC kit (solder required)
Assembled PC boards (no enclosure or cables)

EDIT: 6:19 - CC Pixels are SOLD OUT

EDIT: 6:21 - only 21 Assembled PC boards left (> 100 PC kits left)

EDIT: 6:23 - only 6 Assembled PC boards left (42 PC kits left)

EDIT: 6:26 - only 4 Assembled PC boards left (14 PC kits left)

EDIT: 6:29 - Made a mistake - 7 of the 16 ch controllers remain (requires solder and assembly)!!!
Assembled PC boards - SOLD OUT
5 PC kits remain

EDIT: 6:30 - That's it! Everything is sold out!

Let this be a lesson for next year - go to the store the second the site lets you.

placed order for 2 controllers with software (upgraded) went into paypal clicked pay and was only charged the full price for the software? no controllers. then was told none Available. What a rip! How many did they have on sale 1? oh well As I am new to this just wondering as I paid for the software only and if I call them will they give a discount if I also buy the controllers at regular price?
Thanks..
Ralph

I feel like I just won the lottery! Got in and got out with 2 complete kits. Checked out with Paypal so it was just a few clicks and I had checked out. After I had my kits I went back and got the software. My wife is gonna go nuts when she sees the credit card bill!

I got 2 controllers and 2 sets of CC Pixels, so I am very happy. This was my first sale and even though you all said it would be fast, I am still shocked at how quickly everything sold out.