• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianfox

• dgrant

• toddmoon

• asetti

8pm CST on a thursday???? Guess nothing for me in this sale. I will be at the bowling alley for the final week of league bowling.

I've not received any emails from LOR about the sale and I am signed up for the notification. Just waiting and waiting. The LOR front page doesn't say a thing right this moment but the index link from above shows it now.

I wonder who else says this? I will not be spending a dime on this sale. Lor a damned fine hardware solution is worth the full price. Yes I bought at a sale once and saved ten bucks but, Dan and crew work very hard to produce what we get to use. Sale to clear some inventory I can somewhat understand but there is hundreds if not thousands willing to pay full price including me as I know from dyi world the time spent is well worth the costs. Even if they don't understand its not plug and play.

Guest wbottomley

pyromill wrote:

I wonder who else says this? I will not be spending a dime on this sale. Lor a damned fine hardware solution is worth the full price. Yes I bought at a sale once and saved ten bucks but, Dan and crew work very hard to produce what we get to use. Sale to clear some inventory I can somewhat understand but there is hundreds if not thousands willing to pay full price including me as I know from dyi world the time spent is well worth the costs. Even if they don't understand its not plug and play.

I hate to say it... but you're probably in the minority on that statement. :P

I see the sale items will be sold out within minutes if not seconds.

wbottomley wrote:

pyromill wrote:

I hate to say it... but you're probably in the minority on that statement. :P

I see the sale items will be sold out within minutes if not seconds.

+1

Can't understand that one myself. I mean a sale to save a few bucks "to buy more great stuff". Oh well. To each there own and more for me. :D

To quote (sort of) my wife and me 2 years ago....
Wife: So how much are you saving?
Me: about $200 on 4 controllers
Wife: Then you should buy one more since it is like getting it free!
Me:
Computer : Add 1 more controller to cart and check out!

Errr no edit button.
I know what I want this year and will pay full price but if I can save a little I will.

I say, with the backing of almost every female I've ever known or heard of, that it's un-American to ignore a sale.

George Simmons wrote:

I say, with the backing of almost every female I've ever known or heard of, that it's un-American to ignore a sale.

AMEN George!

I've never been known to pinch pennies. A sale to me means that I get to buy more.

Got 3 more 16 channel controllers.
That puts me at 520 LOR channels, plus an iDMX.

I swear, my wife is going to have an intervention for me.

I REALLY wish Dan had posted some videos of the Cosmic Color Floods, though...