Light-O-Rama Forums

Sales??

Dave Boros

Is this the sales thread?
I bought a pair of ELL's today on sale with free shipping and I don't need or know what I'll do with them...
I think I may have issues?:shock:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• toddmoon

• Surfing4Dough

• jim6918

rstately wrote:

Is this the sales thread?
I bought a pair of ELL's today on sale with free shipping and I don't need or know what I'll do with them...

:) Thread Highjack :D

No I am not a sales person and do not receive any commissions or discounts for EDM products.

Please just remember that we do need to observe the legal limits of transmitting so we do not jeopardize our ability transmit our radio broadcasts without the need for a license.

rstately wrote:

You could always use the linkers to talk between your computer and the first controller.
That way, you don't have ethernet running out the window, and your computer can be (more) mobile and be put out of the way.
Just make sure you have the usb485B. (It has a voltage booster to power the light linker)

BrandonH wrote:

rstately wrote:

You could always use the linkers to talk between your computer and the first controller.
That way, you don't have ethernet running out the window, and your computer can be (more) mobile and be put out of the way.
Just make sure you have the usb485B. (It has a voltage booster to power the light linker)

I know how they work, I already have everything hard wired. I just figured maybe someday a neighbor might want to join in?:D
I couldn't pass up the sale because for me in California, the shipping cost, and time across the country is a big deal...
:P;):)

Big Al wrote:

My real question is do we have any idea when controllers partially assembled or fully assembled will be available. I need to decide if I should plan on using LOR this year or make other plans. Time is running short.

The sales so far have been useless to me because with out the controller the other items would be useless.

Please note I am not taking shots at Dan or anyone else I just need information so I can get moving for this Christmas.

I did get a PM from Dan today about the non assembled kits.

We sold all the solder kits and have PCBs on order but they will not be here for another week or so.

The CTB16PCs will start to be sold at the end of this week. There will be a backlog as soon as we put the BUY button up but will get them out as quickly as we can.

Sorry about this, this is not he way we want to do business.

I am not sure if there will be a sale price on them in as much as they are coming in limited quantity's at this point.

I am not sure if there will be a sale price on them in as much as they are coming in limited quantity's at this point.

Sale price; I mean really? At this point I would be willing to pay almost anything for the one controller I need.

jim6918 wrote:

Sale price; I mean really? At this point I would be willing to pay almost anything for the one controller I need.

That is apparently the logic this guy has:
http://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/topic/48072-3-lor1602w-for-sale/page__fromsearch__1

Surfing4Dough wrote:

jim6918 wrote:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/topic/48072-3-lor1602w-for-sale/page__fromsearch__1

I heard somewhere that PC controllers were going to be placed on the commodity exchange like West Texas Crude and Pork Bellies.

jim6918 wrote:

Really...... for Sale ONE X PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE ummmm $2000.00

FREE shipping!

:P

Surfing4Dough wrote:

jim6918 wrote:

I suppose if you are not doing a Halloween show and are willing to risk not getting new controllers in time for Christmas. Selling your controllers to the "needy" is a way save money on upgrading all your controllers to rev 3.

Ok, how about this. If I were to purchase a kit to be safe and make sure I have one for Christmas, and they happen to go on sale, will there be some kind of credit to our accounts? just asking, because I know that in the past there has always been a sale, there was news that there would be this year, but things happened. Just didnt know if there are those of us who want to cover butt because we dont know if we can rely on delivery and dates would lose out on potential savings. IF they happened to go on sale.

papap wrote:

I see the are going to start selling controller at 8 EDT in the morning.

I dont know if Dans letter on the site was up before or after I posted above, but I saw it right after I posted it.

papap wrote:

I see the are going to start selling controller at 8 EDT in the morning.

Well 8 EDT has come and gone...

Carl S wrote:

papap wrote:
Ordered my 5 controllers this morning. It charged shipping. But maybe they will take it off

That's what I am hoping for also!

I think if you look back at all the info from Dan both here (the Forum) and on the PDU page, I think you will find that the Free Shipping was only in effect on "SALE" items. No place in the PDU posts is there any reference to Free Shipping on controllers, since the controllers sold today are not on sale. I am happy that I got to order the controllers I needed, regardless of the shipping cost.