Light-O-Rama Forums

Sales??

Dave Boros

joneslights wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
jim6918 wrote:
displaysinmotion_will wrote:
Like I said before you have nothing to be worried about, there will be controllers and CCD'S available very soon.

CCD's? I am excited already. Is that something new? How much will they cost? When will they be released? Is there a manual yet?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Are we having fun yet?

I am so pumped about the upcoming release of Cosmic Color Drums!! Soon!
5362644615_2ec4d25125.jpg

Where's the "like" button?

Agree..it is one cool show...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• toddmoon

• Surfing4Dough

• jim6918

The month of SEPTEMBER MINI SALE. Looks like the joke is on us. SUCKERS!
Nice one LOR. Two months you told us that there will be a summer sale after that just 4 items now this( [align=center]Check this page throughout September for Sale Items![/align]
[align=center]We are currently preparing the next sale. Stay tuned!)[/align][align=center]I give you props for the joke. Let me guess, we will see this until October 1 and then we will see ( THE SALE HAS ENDED)
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align]

Attached files 265582=14732-SeptMiniSale.gif

xmasjam wrote:

The month of SEPTEMBER MINI SALE. Looks like the joke is on us. SUCKERS!
Nice one LOR. Two months you told us that there will be a summer sale after that just 4 items now this(

[align=center]Check this page throughout September for Sale Items![/align]

[align=center]We are currently preparing the next sale. Stay tuned!)[/align]

[align=center]I give you props for the joke. Let me guess, we will see this until October 1 and then we will see ( THE SALE HAS ENDED)
[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

Frustrating yes. Am I going to ding Dan for this no. Yes I need two more controllers that I have been waiting to come on sale all summer that has not happened yet.

I suspect there are a lot things going on with supply and availability that are effecting the sale and after all Dan does not have to put anything on sale if he chooses not to.

Yes I am like a little kid at Christmas time who does not want to wait but I have to. Worst case scenario I will just order what I need at the regular price. It would be nice to save a few bucks so I will wait and see what happens.

Jeff Millard wrote:

xmasjam wrote:
...Looks like the joke is on us. SUCKERS!...

It's posts like this that set me off, and eventually will get me banned for the Cyber Bully post Dan made.

LOR owes you nothing! They don't owe you a sale. They aren't playing a joke on you. There is no underhanded intent to make you feel slighted.

They planned a sale, and some unknown problem has them scrambling to get it under control and back on track. Some people actually feel bad for them. Some of us hope they are able to quickly get it straightened out. I've had an order in for over a week that the status hasn't changed, probably due to the problem they're having. It doesn't bother me in the least. I have faith in them because of my past experiences.

Your frustration is shared by everyone in this hobby. Each time a post like this hits this Forum, it cuts Dan and his staff to the bone. If you're trying to make him feel bad, it's probably working. IMHO that makes you a jerk! Dan Baldwin is one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. These whiney sale posts make me want to puke every time I see one. I try not to look, but it amazes me just how rude people can be.

Jeff

Jeff, you could not have said it better. I agree 100%.

Let's be positive, and if a sale comes, then we yell "wahoooooooooo." If it doesn't, then we just order at regular prices or not order at all.

I don't "expect" sales from any other vendor/store, so why should I expect them from LOR?

I, too, feel bad for Dan and LOR; I have faith from past experience that they are doing the very best they can. I get really tired of the whiny backbiting.

I would like to make an informal request here. Let's let this go for today?

xmasjam is upset, and is saying what a lot of new people probably think. Those who have been around a while know that things happen, and Dan do everything he can do deliver the quality product that LOR known for.

The only thing we are going to accomplish here is making more people upset over something that none of us can control. (Delivery times, etc.)

Jeff M. all company run in to problems or some kind of snag and I'm sure Dan is a great guy even though I have not met him but if I ran in to a problem and just told customer that it will be fixed over and over, not keeping them in the loop on what is going on and not giving an ideal of when it will be resolved, What do you think would happen to me? I sure would not be posting that (We are currently preparing the next sale. Stay tuned!)if I ran in to a problem for days to all of my loyal customers. They can be a little bit straight with us and keep us in the loop. They have great quality products and always provided great service so why would anyone would want to through that all away by keeping there customers in the dark by posting (Preparing the next sale) for days? Yes your right about that (They don't owe you a sale)or anybody just like I don't owe anybody anything but if I say or post that I'm going to give or offer something then I do owe that to the people that I offer it to because my word is gold. If I run in to a problem with my offer then I need to keep those people in the loop on what is going on. It's just the courtesy and professional way personal or business level.

The mini sales are not over. Should have one starting tonight or in the morning.

We had a little mistake at the end of the last one. When we took the kits with options off sale, we made a mistake and put a 0 in the sale price rather than a " " blank.

Result was that the store put it on sale for 0.00 ... I was really supprised how many people saw that in just a few minutes and ordered tons of stuff. We could not let those orders be processed. It took a few days to get is straight... A few (you will hear from my lawyer)... We offered a price lower than the sale price but still a number of people to deal with. We are back on track and will have EasyLight linkers next.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

The mini sales are not over. Should have one starting tonight or in the morning.

We had a little mistake at the end of the last one. When we took the kits with options off sale, we made a mistake and put a 0 in the sale price rather than a " " blank.

Result was that the store put it on sale for 0.00 ... I was really supprised how many people saw that in just a few minutes and ordered tons of stuff. We could not let those orders be processed. It took a few days to get is straight... A few (you will hear from my lawyer)... We offered a price lower than the sale price but still a number of people to deal with. We are back on track and will have EasyLight linkers next.

Dan

Thanks for the update Dan. Any ballpark estimate on when (partially) assembled controllers might be available for sale again (whether on sale, or at least for sale)?

Guest wbottomley

xmasjam wrote:

Jeff M. all company run in to problems or some kind of snag and I'm sure Dan is a great guy even though I have not met him but if I ran in to a problem and just told customer that it will be fixed over and over, not keeping them in the loop on what is going on and not giving an ideal of when it will be resolved, What do you think would happen to me? I sure would not be posting that (We are currently preparing the next sale. Stay tuned!)if I ran in to a problem for days to all of my loyal customers. They can be a little bit straight with us and keep us in the loop. They have great quality products and always provided great service so why would anyone would want to through that all away by keeping there customers in the dark by posting (Preparing the next sale) for days? Yes your right about that (They don't owe you a sale)or anybody just like I don't owe anybody anything but if I say or post that I'm going to give or offer something then I do owe that to the people that I offer it to because my word is gold. If I run in to a problem with my offer then I need to keep those people in the loop on what is going on. It's just the courtesy and professional way personal or business level.

Even though you made some good points, the way it was presented was nothing but low class. An email to Dan would have resolved your problem and would have given you a chance to share information that no one else had here.

But... my opinion is like butt holes, everyone has one. The questions is... which one stinks the most. ;)

Dan thank you for the update, it wasn't required..expected maybe, but you've always done right by a lot of us.. if you didn't sell another thing, I would still be a fan, as would a lot of us "oldsters".. like that guy above me. =) I saw the $0.00 price but it never entered my mind to order at that price.. knew it wasn't right.. or "right".. thanks for the update anyway..

TJ Hvasta and goduke21, so true... so true. Who would think those kits would be given away for free. And it sounds like several of the people are still trying to pursue the free prices even tho there was a legitimate mistake.... sheesh, what is this world coming to?

Well the mistake in the last sale got me thinking about something that could be fun. When the ELL starts I will put a small button to a page that gives you an ELL pair for free (really for free). It will have an inventory of 1 so the first person to complete checkout with it in their basket gets it (multiple people may be able to get it into their basket but only the first to complete the checkout wins).

The button will not be obvious and can be on any of the pages of the online store (not the main web website but at http:store.lightorama.com.... Figure we can give one pair away a day for fun.

Will start tomorrow and will be announced on the mini-sale page.

Dan

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Well the mistake in the last sale got me thinking about something that could be fun. When the ELL starts I will put a small button to a page that gives you an ELL pair for free (really for free). It will have an inventory of 1 so the first person to complete checkout with it in their basket gets it (multiple people may be able to get it into their basket but only the first to complete the checkout wins).

The button will not be obvious and can be on any of the pages of the online store (not the main web website but at http:store.lightorama.com.... Figure we can give one pair away a day for fun.

Will start tomorrow and will be announced on the mini-sale page.

Dan

I like your thinker. ;)

To make it less obvious, a small antenna. :)

Cool idea Dan. I'm done shopping for this year, except for the S3 update, but is there any way you could post the schedule for the rest of the sales? Are the sales going to spill over into October? This would really help a lot of folks plan their shopping.