Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• toddmoon

• Surfing4Dough

• jim6918

Guest wbottomley

rstately wrote:

Couldn't find the button.

That's because you didn't read the disclaimer, lol.

First SECRET ELL ICON appears Sunday Sept. 25.about 1:00PM EST
Check here Sunday night to see who won and when the next icon will appear.

toddmoon wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Late last night, last week's sale items were still being shown as on sale. It has changed this morning (they are probably updating the site as we speak). However, here is a deal on a PC controller kit! It let me add all the goodies (heatsinks, cords, etc) and get all the way to my final cart for a total of $80. Didn't proceed since I am sure it is a mistake and will be cancelled.

I will take all I can get for a sale price of $0 even if I have to solider the whole kit.

Have been hoping waiting for the kits already solidered and just have to wire up cords to go on sale I need two more for this years display maybe three. :)

So did you contribute to the problem?

I got all excited when I read the description for the single unit:
..." This price includes two wireless units and two 10' Cat 5 patch cables"
Clicked the link... and was sad to see the page said "This price includes one Wireless Unit" ... ah well, lol.

Big Al wrote:

toddmoon wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:
Late last night, last week's sale items were still being shown as on sale. It has changed this morning (they are probably updating the site as we speak). However, here is a deal on a PC controller kit! It let me add all the goodies (heatsinks, cords, etc) and get all the way to my final cart for a total of $80. Didn't proceed since I am sure it is a mistake and will be cancelled.

I will take all I can get for a sale price of $0 even if I have to solider the whole kit.

Have been hoping waiting for the kits already soldered and just have to wire up cords to go on sale I need two more for this years display maybe three. :)

So did you contribute to the problem?

That would be a negative on contributing to the problem. I do not have the time to solider kits and am hoping that the partially assembled kits will come on sale some time soon.

Dan's Idea of a free button if you are paying attention is a great one. Maybe I will get lucky and get a free one. :D Will have to keep checking and see. I did not take the $0 price seriously and did not even think to try and order one recognizing that it had to be a mistake. My comments was meant to be tongue and check. :cool:

I think Dan has been beaten up enough and does not need more grief. I own and operate my business and I realize that mistakes can happen. I had a unit last year that I ordered that had a problem and Dan worked with me on it and when the fixes did not work he sent me a new one. Dan has great customer service and stands by what he sells. There are not many companies that you can say that anymore.

To those of you making the comments about those who ordered the boards when the price was showing 0.00, I ordered some. With the lack of communication I figured "Who Knows?" maybe it was real. When they said it was a mistake, that was good enough for me, I just did not want to miss out if it was real. . .when you are trying to support a habit you cannot afford everything helps, but again when I found out it was a mistake, that was all I had to hear.

rikerz wrote:

So, has anyone used the ELLs (that are now onsale) before, how well do they work? Limitations?

As long as you are using them within the limits of what they are designed for, they work great. My show this year will be run with 3 ELL links...show computer in garage to 3 remote ELLs on my property.

If you get a pair, definitely recommend testing in advance as far as range and reliability of connection so you don't get any upgly surprises with no time left to resolve.

Rick Childers wrote:

To those of you making the comments about those who ordered the boards when the price was showing 0.00, I ordered some. With the lack of communication I figured "Who Knows?" maybe it was real. When they said it was a mistake, that was good enough for me, I just did not want to miss out if it was real. . .when you are trying to support a habit you cannot afford everything helps, but again when I found out it was a mistake, that was all I had to hear.

Well played. I wouldn't blame someone for hoping it might be real and placing an order. But once it's confirmed to be a mistake, it's wrong to insist on them honoring a price like that.

rikerz wrote:

So, has anyone used the ELLs (that are now onsale) before, how well do they work? Limitations?

Been using them since 2007 and love them.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Result was that the store put it on sale for 0.00 ... I was really supprised how many people saw that in just a few minutes and ordered tons of stuff. We could not let those orders be processed. It took a few days to get is straight... A few (you will hear from my lawyer)... We offered a price lower than the sale price but still a number of people to deal with.

Dan

My real question is do we have any idea when controllers partially assembled or fully assembled will be available. I need to decide if I should plan on using LOR this year or make other plans. Time is running short.

The sales so far have been useless to me because with out the controller the other items would be useless.

Please note I am not taking shots at Dan or anyone else I just need information so I can get moving for this Christmas.

Big Al wrote:

My real question is do we have any idea when controllers partially assembled or fully assembled will be available. I need to decide if I should plan on using LOR this year or make other plans. Time is running short.

The sales so far have been useless to me because with out the controller the other items would be useless.

Please note I am not taking shots at Dan or anyone else I just need information so I can get moving for this Christmas.

You could always go to one of the partners on the LOR webpage, find one that has controllers and order one. That's what I did, I need one, want two, but I will wait and see what happens in the next few days. If they go on sale, I will get one more, if not, I got what I really "have" to have for this year.

Just wondering if anybody knows if the fm transmitters are gonna be on sale? I need to get one and have been waiting to see if they were gonna be.

wicket82 wrote:

Just wondering if anybody knows if the fm transmitters are gonna be on sale? I need to get one and have been waiting to see if they were gonna be.

Save your money and buy a different one. You will be doing yourself a favor. The Whole House Transmitters (which aren't a LOR product by the way) are very poorly reviewed amongst users here. You can get an EDM-LCD-CS-EP for just a few bucks more. The sound comparison and range are like night and day.

http://edmdesign.com/orders.html

I keep seeing that the EDM-LCD-CS-EP unit isnot a plug and play. How much do you have to solder? I work at a computer replace store and my soldering skills aren't the best. It gets the job done for what I need done. Haha. Just trying to figure all this out before I spend $150 on something and I can't get it to work right after soldering on it. Again I could be wrong but that's what i get after reading about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

wicket82 wrote:

I keep seeing that the EDM-LCD-CS-EP unit isnot a plug and play. How much do you have to solder? I work at a computer replace store and my soldering skills aren't the best. It gets the job done for what I need done. Haha. Just trying to figure all this out before I spend $150 on something and I can't get it to work right after soldering on it. Again I could be wrong but that's what i get after reading about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Just the power plug on, three joints. EASY as it could get.

T