Light-O-Rama Forums

What's New in S3...

jimswinder

George Simmons wrote:

Impressive demo. Very impressive. Can't wait... ready now...

Hey George...

How do feel about the "Instant Sequencing" in regards to you professional guys who do custom sequences for others?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• Paul Roberson

• LOR Staff

wbottomley wrote:

No matter what you call it, it certainly creates a buzz.

And... produces top-notch results!:P

You know what? You're right. Now that you mention it, the buzz does really stand out. Didn't notice that initially. Must be some sort of bug in the auto-sequencer software. ;)

Surfing4Dough wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
No matter what you call it, it certainly creates a buzz.

And... produces top-notch results!:P

You know what? You're right. Now that you mention it, the buzz does really stand out. Didn't notice that initially. Must be some sort of bug in the auto-sequencer software. ;)

ROTFLMAO!!!

I think that is all of us SWARMING to get S3!!!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Did anyone else notice that Bob posted in this thread... and several others... and he's invisible?

I take you have never noticed this setting below? Or did you think it was just a magic power that those who have used S3 get?

Attached files 250560=13605-Capture1.jpg

bob wrote:

Interesting that the screenshots of the sequence editor say 2.9.5...not 3.0.0..
Our public releases always (well, for a long time now) end in an even number, and our internal stuff always ends in an odd number. When we make a release, we bump the version number of the release at that point, and then immediately bump our internal version.
So, until we released 2.9.4, we internally were using 2.9.3. Then we bumped it to 2.9.4 and released it, and then immediately bumped it again to 2.9.5, which we have been using internally ever since. When we release the next version, we will bump it to 3.0.0 immediately before doing so, and then bump our internal stuff to 3.0.1 immediately afterward.

What's the "targeted" upgrade price for the S3?

I remember Dan personally said,
It will not be a free since its a major upgrade.

Dan also said that,
Minor upgrades would be free for all the people who got the first paid copies of S2 in 2009, but major upgrades would cost a small amount to upgrade "if" the user choose to do.

He defined to me, major and minor as follows, with examples:
A Minor upgrade (example- 2.5.2 to 2.5.4 or 2.6.0) is when the middle or last number changes. So when the 2 changed to a 4. It was free. Or when the 5 changed to a 6. It was free.

A Major upgrade (example- 2.9.4 to 3.0.0) is when the first number changes regardless if the last two numbers change or not. When the first number changes its considered a major upgrade and will cost an "upgraded" price. Yet to be determined.

But, you do not have to upgrade. Unless you want whatever new features are in the new version.

Also he said
If you bought the S2 less than a year ago from the release of S3, regardless of the S2 version you bought, your automatically entitled to one free major upgrade.

But my question is one they have yet to disclose. Whenever S3 is released. Is he going to keep his same upgrade policy? And if so, how much to upgrade from an Advance S2 to Advance S3? Or is he changing the policy?

Personally, I don't care. I just want to know "how much"

evan.a wrote:

i can name four people invisible. make it five

and I will name them!!!

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

There...now everyone knows!!!

jimswinder wrote:

How do feel about the "Instant Sequencing" in regards to you professional guys who do custom sequences for others?

Apples and oranges. At least at this point. That was already a feature of the Super Star Software, so it's not like it's anything new. I expect S3 has a refined version and expect it will make programming CCRs a lot easier. I'm looking forward to trying it, and if it works well it's something I can add to the sequencing services I offer.

I'm sure it will need to be refined many, many, many times before it rivals the work of some of the people I've seen around here. As long as my work is better than the auto sequencer, which I expect will be the case for quite some time, I'll still have plenty of jobs to keep me busy. When the day comes that I fall behind, then I'll just spend my time minding my own yard.

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

evan.a wrote:
i can name four people invisible. make it five

and I will name them!!!

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

There...now everyone knows!!!

ROTFLMAO this makes my day I can always count on this forum to get a good laugh :P

I am about to POP! I can't wait until Friday when I will be in TN to see the expo- stupid work...

-Logan

Hi E1
I tried to look at the video but no go.
What is a swf file, what do I need to see the video?
thanks
David :(

Awesome to see.

I wonder if the 'solid color' twinkle is now possible (easy) across RGB channels.

Can't wait to take S3 for a test run. : )

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

bob wrote:
Interesting that the screenshots of the sequence editor say 2.9.5...not 3.0.0..
Our public releases always (well, for a long time now) end in an even number, and our internal stuff always ends in an odd number.  When we make a release, we bump the version number of the release at that point, and then immediately bump our internal version.
So, until we released 2.9.4, we internally were using 2.9.3.  Then we bumped it to 2.9.4 and released it, and then immediately bumped it again to 2.9.5, which we have been using internally ever since.  When we release the next version, we will bump it to 3.0.0 immediately before doing so, and then bump our internal stuff to 3.0.1 immediately afterward.

What's the "targeted" upgrade price for the S3?

I remember Dan personally said,
It will not be a free since its a major upgrade.

Dan also said that,
Minor upgrades would be free for all the people who got the first paid copies of S2 in 2009, but major upgrades would cost a small amount to upgrade "if" the user choose to do.

He defined to me, major and minor as follows, with examples:
A Minor upgrade (example- 2.5.2 to 2.5.4 or 2.6.0) is when the middle or last number changes. So when the 2 changed to a 4. It was free. Or when the 5 changed to a 6. It was free.

A Major upgrade (example- 2.9.4 to 3.0.0) is when the first number changes regardless if the last two numbers change or not. When the first number changes its considered a major upgrade and will cost an "upgraded" price. Yet to be determined.

But, you do not have to upgrade. Unless you want whatever new features are in the new version.

Also he said
If you bought the S2 less than a year ago from the release of S3, regardless of the S2 version you bought, your automatically entitled to one free major upgrade.

But my question is one they have yet to disclose. Whenever S3 is released. Is he going to keep his same upgrade policy? And if so, how much to upgrade from an Advance S2 to Advance S3? Or is he changing the policy?

Personally, I don't care. I just want to know "how much"

Another thing we can ponder on "how much"......
I wonder if the people who had already purchased the Super Star software (there were different price levels) will get a discounted S3 upgrade price. : )

I personally hope that it will be a duel release.

People, like me who don't have any intentions or need for Superstar, have a chance to get a minor upgrade to reep the benefits of the new visualizer.

While the big Superstar changes get the S3 major upgrade.

If or when I go the route of ccr or ccb's i'd be willing then to pay for the major upgrade in software.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay a little for the minor upgrade if Dan wanted to do a pay for upgrade dependeng upon what you want.

No Oup! No no! Oy! Wait! No no!
More wood! Big fire! *Big* fire! I am
chief! Want big fire! Come on!

Oy! Boy! Maboogie snickel-snickel.
Tout de suite! Come on! More wood!

Wow! Great Demo.

Everything I've ever asked for is there. It is going to make sequencing a whole new experience and so much more fun. Thanks Dan and to your team of enslaved software developers you keep chained to the water heater in your garage. This is going to be great!

I cant wait. Where do I pay.

gimmie gimmie gimmie, I want it now. please

Did I mention that I've been a professional software quality assurance tester for 15 years :(