Light-O-Rama Forums

Layering of effects

Softball Shawn

3 hours ago, brichi said:

I create the effect in SE but the colors mix...

Then we're definitely doing something different.  I don't have colors mixing when I do color-in-color chases unless I want them to do that.

I'm not sure exactly why, but the old-school in me finds satisfaction in being easily able to accomplish something so simple using the SE, while the much-vaunted pixel sequencers can't do the same thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brichi said:

so George, how would you do a full on red ribbon with a green chase running through it?

Turn cells OFF in the time range that you want the chase to occupy.  Then create your green chase using one hundredth of a second (or any length of time for that matter) of red on each side of the green.  You'll have RGR with no gap in between, the green being the size of the green slice you want chasing through the red.  Then simply use the fill tool on that same area.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

I do it in my show using SS and an image which I moved across my arches. Worked just fine and was super easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can also do it in SuperStar with a series of three morphs.  For example:

Morph 1:  Time 1.00 - 3.00, Head length 0, tail 2.0, colors100/0/0 for all four entries

Morph 2:  Time 3.00 - 5.00, Head length 0, tail 0.5, colors0/100/0 for all four entries

Morph 3:  Time 3.50 - 5.50, Head length 0, tail 2.0, colors100/0/0 for all four entries

This will create a red morph with a green bar moving across it.  You of course can edit the times and / or add scenes in front or after the morphs for an extended red.

• Like 1