Light-O-Rama Forums

10w flood extension cables sold out

Golfer

I bought a bunch of used stuff and among it was a 10w flood kit.  Everything works perfectly...But...

Ideal setup has a couple of them about 40 feet away from controller beyond the provided 25ft cord.

The extensions that were with the massive amount of stuff I got are bigger than the 10w ones.( maybe 50w cords??)

The LOR site is sold out of the 10w extensions right now.  Where else would sell them that would be compatible.   First run at the floods so the 4-pin stuff is new to me

Thanks

Brian

Splice the dangle onto some 18ga, 4 conductor cable and run that back to the controller. USE ferrels on that end

My floods are used, spread between 3 @ CMB24 (due to geography). I use HC/xlights cables on the other ports. So, I made a couple of conversion cables (both ways) for when I need an extra 'other' type.

I found these W/P splices, that are sleek as well as functional. (also avail in othe contacts)

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Junction-Outdoor-External-Connector/dp/B083HSF3K6?pd_rd_w=XXZug&content-id=amzn1.sym.16b389cf-68c1-4ee8-9417-1a50799b2607&pf_rd_p=16b389cf-68c1-4ee8-9417-1a50799b2607&pf_rd_r=0K05091MA4VYPRYAK2CD&pd_rd_wg=x7UI4&pd_rd_r=3f1b3ac4-c096-4387-897f-d85432e222de&pd_rd_i=B083HSF3K6&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_ec_t&th=1

Check with HolidayCoro, they may sell a conversion cable that has their EZ-plug connector at one end and a LOR type connector on the other end.   I bought some of these for 12V, 3 wire lights I have, so I could connect them to a LOR Pixie2D Controller.

You'd just need to by an extension cable to go between the two conversion cables, you'd need 2 different conversion cables to make it work.

And, if you need help getting the right components for this, just use HC's email contact, they are excellent at this.  When LOR didn't have or sell what I needed, I asked HC, and got what I needed to use my new LOR Pixie2D controllers with new lights that had XConnect(EZPlug3) connectors, and I know HC also has some 4 wire stuff.

Hopefully, they'll be able to supply what you need, and I've always gotten my purchases from them within 2-3 days, although, sometimes it could be 5 days.

But you can pay additional shipping for faster delivery, if needed.

Good Luck.

Edited by Orville

@Orville I have see a number of SMART (3 wire) RGB conversion cables at HC and others, but no DUMB (4 wire), which is why I grew my own for dumb floods

33 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

@Orville I have see a number of SMART (3 wire) RGB conversion cables at HC and others, but no DUMB (4 wire), which is why I grew my own for dumb floods

When was the last time you looked? 

HC has been adding things over the past couple of years that I've been buying specific items for my display. 

So it could be possible they might now have something that would work.  Never hurts to check.🙂

Edited by Orville

23 minutes ago, Orville said:

When was the last time you looked? 

HC has been adding things over the past couple of years that I've been buying specific items for my display. 

So it could be possible they might now have something that would work.  Never hurts to check.🙂

My last order was August. Just looked again and they still have is the LOR 3 wire listed