Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP - CPC 8 mini trees: wiring and config question

Paul Masterson

I recently bought the CPC mini tree package.First question, wiring, does the male end of the lights end at the square (actual star on the tree) or does the male end of the cable end at the bottom of the tree which is the picture of the star?

I've set the dip switches to be the base unit ID of 09. I am connected to AUX A COM 7 and the Hardware finds it fine. On the main screen, I successfully can run a test on the TEST UNITS OPERATION and can turn it all on the right colors and also chase. When I go to the PIXIE CONSOLE, I select 09, CCB/CCP/PIXIE and EXTENDED CIRCUIT IDS in channel mode. When I select a color like green, first 50 ar green, next 3 are not on, the remaining 47 are BLUE.

Back at the main Hardware screen, I select CONFIG (bottom, middle option), COSMIC COLOR/PIXIE CONFIG, and the config is like such. Any thoughts? I have a RGBPlus that I bought last year and the trees look nothing like the way they should.

image.png.6bb03487cab37a5c31239d046c6944e3.png

The Pixel string starts at the star - with LOR Pixels the start of the string has Male Pins and Locking Ring..

You pictured Config is correct - although I would set "Pixels Per Port"  to 170

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Unless Pixel console has changed from S4, It can only control the first 50 nodes (150 channels).

Pixie2D control max. 100 nodes per port.

Pixie 4D, 8D and 16D can control a max. of 170 nodes per port.  However, the maximum you can set these are 100 nodes per port in the HU.  At least in S4.4.16 PRO, this is how it is.

When I added a couple of props that have 150 nodes, when I added the Pixie4D or 16D, since those are what I have, and in the SE it only allowed 100 nodes, to access anything over 100 nodes, for my 150 node props, I had to add the addition 50 RGB channels and populate circuit ID's, Network and Controller ID all MANUALLY. 

Found no way to auto-populate the added RGB Channels, and had to enter each channel info manually as well. 

PITA, but it's the only way I coud find to add the additional channels and info to light up all the nodes in the prop.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Pixie2D control max. 100 nodes per port.

Pixie 4D, 8D and 16D can control a max. of 170 nodes per port.  However, the maximum you can set these are 100 nodes per port in the HU.  At least in S4.4.16 PRO, this is how it is.

When I added a couple of props that have 150 nodes, when I added the Pixie4D or 16D, since those are what I have, and in the SE it only allowed 100 nodes, to access anything over 100 nodes, for my 150 node props, I had to add the addition 50 RGB channels and populate circuit ID's, Network and Controller ID all MANUALLY. 

Found no way to auto-populate the added RGB Channels, and had to enter each channel info manually as well. 

PITA, but it's the only way I coud find to add the additional channels and info to light up all the nodes in the prop.

@Orville   Download and update your LOR_DeviceFile.txt (it is in Program filesx86)

7 hours ago, TheDucks said:

@Orville   Download and update your LOR_DeviceFile.txt (it is in Program filesx86)

I downloaded that about 3 months ago in July 2023.  Has there been another newer update to that file recently?

I usually check for updates about once every 6 months for newest Firmware and other files like the DeviceFile to keep everything up to date with the latest info. 

Usually check on this stuff in January after the Christmas display comes down, then again in July a few months before displays start going up.

Just know the last time I updated that file it still didn't go above 100 nodes when adding a new Pixie Controller to the SE, so I have always had to add the extra RGB channels and label them manually.  Since I could only select 100 nodes when adding, couldn't get anything but 50 nodes or 100 nodes.

The new Devicefile now allows a selection of more than 100 nodes now in the Pixie Controller setup in the SE itself?

I know in the HU, I could test more than 100 nodes , and I could configure the Pixie4D's and my Pixie16D to use 150 nodes, but that never seemed to transfer that info into the SE when I added them to the sequencer in 4.4.16 PRO, always limits me to either 50 or 100 nodes in the SE for those Pixie controllers.

If it can now let you choose 150 nodes in the SE when those controllers are added and populate them, that would sure save me a lot of time over doing it manually!  Which is a royal pain in the backside, especially on a Pixie16D!

Not that I know of (I really wish LOR wold put a date/version in that list (and other documentation), would save us a download.

Ah! SE

I was thinking HU <slap> sorry. I just had to add 19 RGB channels 😮 for the Coro Angels horn I am playing with (pun included).

I realize S4 is history, but WHY when you Add Below, did the not ask for a (channel) starting point