Light-O-Rama Forums

BTF LED Strips - WS2815 - Pixe16

flomas

22 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

If you are still on S4 the relocation of the port ID is easy. Open the (each)sequence. Tools Channel configuration: At the bottom there is a button for controller  (sorry, my S4 PC is at another location)

All you have to do is select the old ID (remember, pixies are ID per port). You will see something like A23 in the existing column. Select that: Now you can just change the Network or the ID.

Caution: Do not create a duplicate Network.ID there is no cross check. Do not shuffle ports in a single SE session.  🥺Exit SE before reusing an older ID

you'll have to excuse me, what would doing that accomplish. I'm super new to all this and really havent dove into the software much. I've been trying to get this project done for at least two years but life keeps getting in the way.

I thought I was on my way to getting it done this year and this snafu happened.

I did one small show years ago with a standard controller and regular lights, then just went nuts on all this pixel stuff and it kinda sat for some time.  

47 minutes ago, flomas said:

you'll have to excuse me, what would doing that accomplish. I'm super new to all this and really havent dove into the software much. I've been trying to get this project done for at least two years but life keeps getting in the way.

I thought I was on my way to getting it done this year and this snafu happened.

I did one small show years ago with a standard controller and regular lights, then just went nuts on all this pixel stuff and it kinda sat for some time.  

It simply allows you to move a port assignment for an existin port sequence.

understood, I wish I was that far these things are still being bench tested then I need to mount them to the house. My plan was to have permanent that's why I'm using these strips, xmas or not. I'm not stopping until I'm done with this project

Being that I need to use two Pixie 16's for the time being, linked via ethernet. should I be setting the unit ID on each one. I really know nothing about any of this. I've been going through videos but have not found answer to that.

I'm using 4 strips on one and 5 on the other.. also, do I need to put then in order going from one pixie16 to the other. 

If I start with port1 and go to 4 on one Pixie16 then on the other go to 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  or is this all done through software. I'm not going to have anything mounted before xmas, but do plan on getting the roof outline done and ready for next year for sure :)

if anyone can point me in a direction with a good place to start learning. in regards to all this I'm a super noob

I do plan on getting a few Pixie4's after the new year and swapping these 16's for my roofline.  I guess I can use the 16a for arches and singing faces... my plan is to learn all I can this coming year then go for next xmas .. :)

Thanks!

Edited by flomas

When you assign the ID of 1 to a Pixie16 the software assigns the other 15 so that pixie16 will be assigned 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10. If you assign the second Pixie16 as 11 the software will assign the next 15.

Much appreciated, I got everything working finally. Fired up the other P16 and gave them UID's of 02 and 03, cut my wires down to under a 100'. All bench tests are working nicely now and responsive

1 hour ago, flomas said:

Much appreciated, I got everything working finally. Fired up the other P16 and gave them UID's of 02 and 03, cut my wires down to under a 100'. All bench tests are working nicely now and responsive

If you gave one Pixie16 a unit ID of 02 and the second Pixie16 a unit ID of 03 then it will not work correctly. The two Pixies will have overlapping ID's as each one uses 16 ID's.

Edited by Mr. P

51 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If you gave one Pixie16 a unit ID of 02 and the second Pixie16 a unit ID of 03 then it will not work correctly. The two Pixies will have overlapping ID's as each one uses 16 ID's.

Ahhhhhhhh, understood, will change.

Am I okay to use 01 for the first, train I ask, all the videos I've seen state to change it from the default which is 01, right, id rather do as you stated set 1st p16 to 01 them set 2nd UID to 11

Would rather have the be in order thanks 

1 hour ago, flomas said:

Ahhhhhhhh, understood, will change.

Am I okay to use 01 for the first, train I ask, all the videos I've seen state to change it from the default which is 01, right, id rather do as you stated set 1st p16 to 01 them set 2nd UID to 11

Would rather have the be in order thanks 

1 and 11 will work correctly but they don't have to be in order. one could be set to 1 and the other to 81 if you would like just so their ID's don't overlap. They only state change it from 1 as The Pixie16 is shipped set to 1 and most users already have a controller with 1.

Edited by Mr. P

57 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

1 and 11 will work correctly but they don't have to be in order. one could be set to 1 and the other to 81 if you would like just so their ID's don't overlap. They only state change it from 1 as The Pixie16 is shipped set to 1 and most users already have a controller with 1.

Got it, in think I'm finally getting a understanding of the ordering. I'm sure I'll have more questions though, will scour the forums before posting anything 

Thanks Mr. P

• 2 weeks later...

I got them all working: https://photos.app.goo.gl/P4ovsw8vznQtQjFR7 . Defiantly going to be picking up some Pixie4's to swap out the 16's and save those for some Trees and other props. I've got a whole year to start planning :)

As soon as the weather breaks I'll be mounting the strips as a permanent setup. 

Took me a while dinking around with the software to get them loaded up and running the test sequences. I'm going to have a lot of questions regarding software usage, basic noob stuff related to the software.

I'm using S6 and seems a bit more confusing to me than the previous I was using S4. I'm thinking I should go back to and s4 version, does everyone have a preference? I just could not figure out where to set just a straight color on each strip, probably just me.

Where's the best place to start to learn how to master this software and get what I can out of it and what version does everyone use or prefer to use and why?

I want to give a shout out to everyone that's responded and set me on the no turning back path, hahaha - Thank you all!!

Edited by flomas

8 hours ago, flomas said:

I'm using S6 and seems a bit more confusing to me than the previous I was using S4. I'm thinking I should go back to and s4 version, does everyone have a preference? I just could not figure out where to set just a straight color on each strip, probably just me.

Stick to S6. You will be happier in the end. Plus it handles pixels a lot better. You also have motion rows now that you can take advantage of.