Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie Tree color off

marty h

First off thanks in advance for any help 

So I have had a 16x50 Mega tree for a couple of years.  This year I added another but actually made it a 8' tall x 16' wide screen i guess i'll call it. 

Here is my issue.  I use the same images on both 16x50's.  On the newest rgb's the colors are not right.  An example is I have a picture of a red stop sign.  On the Pixie tree the sign is the red.  On my newest screen reds in the pictures are showing up blue.  The colors seem to be fine including red unless its a picture. 

I have no idea.  Any suggestions?

Thank you 

Marty

Open HU,  configure the Pixie (button) USE ADVANCED and set the color order to RGB

(the non advanced setting is not reliable)

Different batches of pixels come in different color orders.  Easy to change in any of several places.  My preference is to set that in the pixel controller settings (where that is depends on what kind of pixel controller.

7 minutes ago, marty h said:

I used the advanced configuration and still not getting reds in the pictures. 

what else can i try 

Did you try all of the combinations since we do not know which chipsets.

Is the pixel type correct?

Please do not use the rectangular shaped pop up box for your choices. It is tempting but doesnt work well. I submitted a HD ticket on that a while back. 

What happens if you use a non red picture since you indicate all other red effects are red?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I honestly dont know what you mean by trying different combinations. 

Its is a ribbon tree if that defines the pixel type.  Any text I added, and all the motion effect seem to be perfect. 

The colors on all of the pictures are off. There clear on my tree from 3 years ago but not the new one.   Red is just the one that stood out per my Stop sign example. 

I really appreciate your help.  I probably know just enough to get myself in trouble   LOL!!

Thanks 

Marty

I honestly dont know what you mean by trying different combinations. 

Its is a ribbon tree if that defines the pixel type.  Any text I added, and all the motion effect seem to be perfect. 

The colors on all of the pictures are off. There clear on my tree from 3 years ago but not the new one.   Red is just the one that stood out per my Stop sign example. 

I really appreciate your help.  I probably know just enough to get myself in trouble   LOL!!

Thanks 

Marty

Hey Jim 

Im using a 16 rgb strips with a pixie controller from lightorama all new this year.  Can you elaborate on the settings as far as what and where.  As I said this is my second tree, The first one works fine.  The second works fine except for the color is off on jpg pictures.  

Thanks for any direction 

Marty

does the new tree work fine with the old controller?

Our Q is do they use the same STRIPS or were they from a different supplier. (Reading the above, it was not 100% that the all came from LOR AT THE SAME TIME)

A Pixie sends commands to the Node.

Pixels have chips that run the Node based upon commands.  Your Pixie needs to talk the command language (and speed) of the node. (P17 list the various types supported.  A Pixie can only be set for 1 Type. A reason for NOT always getting the biggest. Depends WS2811 800Khz is very common)

See Page 16 of the Pixie manual (and avoid trying the setting shown at the bottom of P15)

27 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

does the new tree work fine with the old controller?

Our Q is do they use the same STRIPS or were they from a different supplier. (Reading the above, it was not 100% that the all came from LOR AT THE SAME TIME)

A Pixie sends commands to the Node.

Pixels have chips that run the Node based upon commands.  Your Pixie needs to talk the command language (and speed) of the node. (P17 list the various types supported.  A Pixie can only be set for 1 Type. A reason for NOT always getting the biggest. Depends WS2811 800Khz is very common)

See Page 16 of the Pixie manual (and avoid trying the setting shown at the bottom of P15)

I am re thinking one type of pixels per controller however I have absolutely no pixels that do not match.

On the "Advanced" page there is a list of individual ports with a box for the color order. I guess Ive had my beta testing pixie and all of my new stuff I have never needed to try along with not having the unmatched chipsets.

8 minutes ago, marty h said:

Both trees where kits from lightorama

LOR doesnt mfg the pixels. While the WS2811 800khtz label can be placed on them few probably know the true chipset color order used. Thats why there is the feature to change the color orders within the controllers.

JR

Update

You can now set the individual ports in the HU Advanced page to different chip sets color order and they will work. 

If you have WS2811 and the color order is off on port 2 you can go to port 2 and change the color order.

It has been tested and worked great.

The person I helped had WS2811 800 khtz bullet pixels on 1- 8 ports RGB and CCR strips on ports 9-16. His 9-19 were totally different colors until he switched them at the port level to BRG

JR

12 minutes ago, marty h said:

Where do i find the ws numbers to know what i have

thanks again 

Magnifier and see if you can read the chip.

Most just try the common ones and see which work

30 minutes ago, marty h said:

Where do i find the ws numbers to know what i have

thanks again 

You will never see those numbers. Maybe a microscope.

If you purchased WS2811's you trust that but the color order is what you have to test and adjust and repeat until you get the correct order.

JR

Hello again. So to i go into hu pixie configuration and i get a message that says this controller does not support advanced configuration. 
it absolutely let me in the other day. 

Any suggestions? 

thank you

6 minutes ago, marty h said:

Hello again. So to i go into hu pixie configuration and i get a message that says this controller does not support advanced configuration. 
it absolutely let me in the other day. 

Any suggestions? 

thank you

Wrong "advance" screen

"Configuration"

Cosmic Color Ribbon- Pixie Configuration"

If the next screen is a rectangle there is an "advance" button on the left edge of the pop up

Select that "Advance"

Next screen is square and where you want to test the color order.

Do not use the rectangular screen, trust me.

JR