Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels Not Lighting/Pixie16 and Mini Director

JDubs

Hi all - new to the pixel/RGB world. Purchased a pixi16 and gen3 mini director to run a mega pixel tree. The setup is a 16 strand, 50 pixel RGB tree. I used Blinky's WS2811 12v Regulated 50 count bullet pixels. I have the pixels each connected to one port on the pixie16. I configured the pixie and ran all the test through the hardware utility and it worked great. I purchased a sequence for LOR through Holiday Sequences and it installed on the SD card using the hardware utility, all successful. However, when I start up everything, nothing plays, music or lights. The showtime mini director is powered on and fm transmitter. The Pixie 16 light is steady red and green cat5 attached. I am assuming it is a setting when I configured but am lost as to what it may be.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Without The SD Card inserted is the Mini Director Status light Blinking - if Not then you have to install a Jumper on JP2 Header right below the network ports on the board

@Jimehc - when the SD card is not inserted, the red light blinks on the pixie controller. the red light on the min director is blinking. i did install the jumper on J2, had that issue earlier and realized it :)

@Halladaylights - I do have a pro lic, sorry didn't update my profile here after I bought it. 

500K Enhanced Network ? (Needs To Be)

Unit ID ? (Re-Verified in Prop Definition and Controller)

Same Network ( Regular, Aux )

20 hours ago, Jimehc said:

500K Enhanced Network ? (Needs To Be)

Unit ID ? (Re-Verified in Prop Definition and Controller)

Same Network ( Regular, Aux )

So I set the network to the 500k enhanced and defined as regular. The Unit ID is set as one when I configured the controller. I did not set one for the sequence or preview as I didn't create any. The site holidaysequences.com said it was build in LOR and I just needed to add ot the SD card through the hardware utility and then insert in the min director and it would play. Obviously that is not working. I did try pulling the lms file he sent into the sequencer and it looks like it indicates DMX instead of LOR so maybe that has something to do with it? In the preview, none of the channels he sent align to anything and it seems I have to assign them somewhere so they work.

I think my basic takeaway thusfar is I need to set up a preview, pull in his sequence and then add to my preview to build my show. My only challenge now is finding clear instruction on how to do that for S6 which all the screens seem to be different from what people reference. Anyone know of anyone who charges for some remote in support for this type of stuff? if not, would seemingly be something good to offer

You have to configure HIS sequence to YOUR Display... So there is a misunderstanding somewhere....

You should Create a Preview for your Controllers & Display...

Edited by Jimehc